Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am set to have surgery on Wednesday the 30th. I am contemplating backing out. I am starting in to doubt myself if this is the right decision. I have been on a liquid diet for almost 2 weeks and it's difficult. I cheated and had some easter chocolate. I'm afraid of failing at this surgery commitment. I'm afraid I will and hear a bunch of family say "told you so" because we hear often times people put the weight back on.

Has anyone here backed out at the last minute?

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

Don't back out...

Not unless it's what you REALLY want...

The pre-op diet was the hardest part for me...

Relatively speaking, the rest was simple...

Not necessarily easy...

But simple...

Don't worry about 'cheating'...

What's done is done...

Focus on NOT doing it again...

The 30th is just days away now...

You're just days from changing your life for the better...

You've come too far to give up now...

Sick with it...

You can do this...

Really you can...

My surgery date is the 31st. I understand where you are. The liquid diet is awful. Stay strong. I was feeling so weak and hungry yesterday and went to Chinese place and had some egg drop Soup. I called my NUT first to ask if it was ok. It's basically chicken broth with egg whites. She said it was ok but not in large amounts. I felt so much better after and slept well for the first time in days. It really helped.

I am also worried about regain and failure. I've been through so many diets and had to see the look of disappointment in my family's face as well as my own dismay.

I told all this to my surgeon and he assured me that if I just do what he tells me to do, I will be successful.

It's once foot in front of the other. The mountain looks huge standing at the bottom, but we can do this!!!

Pre-op is really tough, remember your doing all the work without the main tool. Being scared is totally normal.

I almost backed out the night before surgery. I'm glad I didn't. It was fear that made me contemplate jumping ship. Fear of failing, fear of dying, fear. I almost left the hospital and got a hotel, a six pack of beer, and a nice hotel room when I realized that I was about to let fear motivate me to go directly into my comfort zone. My comfort zone is exactly what got me into this mess of being overweight and out of control so I decided to LOVE myself and be motivated by that LOVE instead of fear and I'm really proud of myself for not running away but facing my fears. Whatever your decision, do not let fear stop you. You are worth so much more than that!

I almost backed out the night before surgery. I'm glad I didn't. It was fear that made me contemplate jumping ship. Fear of failing, fear of dying, fear. I almost left the hospital and got a hotel, a six pack of beer, and a nice hotel room when I realized that I was about to let fear motivate me to go directly into my comfort zone. My comfort zone is exactly what got me into this mess of being overweight and out of control so I decided to LOVE myself and be motivated by that LOVE instead of fear and I'm really proud of myself for not running away but facing my fears. Whatever your decision, do not let fear stop you. You are worth so much more than that!

I meant to say a hotel, a six pack of beer, and some TACOS.... lol

Thank you allibaba. I'm not afraid of the surgery or the pain but the hard work afterwards and all the "what if's" However...I was reminded yesterday the quote, "don't let the fear of failure keep you from trying" I once thought my life was over and over came it. I just need to remember the WILL is still there. I do struggle with the thought if I have the will to do the sleeve surgery and all the post surgery stuff, I question why can't I lose my weight on my own. Either way, no one said it would be easy.

Lori

@@melyssafaye @@Lori222 - those fears are pretty common, and some of us fall down and get back up and come back here for support. The pre-op is tough and I am not going to say your post-op is going to be any easier.

Think about it this way - why did you go through all of this? Could you lose before? What are you going to do if you back out? Join weight watchers? Atkins? Join a gym, start working out, eat less......

We have all been there, done that. It didn't work. There ARE NO GUARANTEES. This is a tool.

We are here - get online, ask those scary questions and call your medical team.

Go outside if you are hungry, take a walk, drink some Water.

I backed out - had to wait for pre-op classes to cycle back around. What did it for me was realizing I COULDNT do it on my own. I could GAIN weight (I did when I backed out). I was scared.

I HAVE NO REGRETS!

I dunno if this helps but I've had a weight watchers reunion of

... if I don't do it this time, then WLS. Take 2. Take 3. I worry too...we have strong experiences with WL failure that rear their ugly head. Back to WW had the same result...lose 20 lbs, gain it back yo yo yo. This is it. I plan on following a plan, but, I look at it this way, even if for whatever reason I didn't maintain my loss, I'm just back where I started and truly know I did all I could in this life to manage my weight.

I dunno if this helps but I've had a weight watchers reunion of

... if I don't do it this time, then WLS. Take 2. Take 3. I worry too...we have strong experiences with WL failure that rear their ugly head. Back to WW had the same result...lose 20 lbs, gain it back yo yo yo. This is it. I plan on following a plan, but, I look at it this way, even if for whatever reason I didn't maintain my loss, I'm just back where I started and truly know I did all I could in this life to manage my weight.

The only devil's advocate I would play is if you are young or bmi is under 40 and you have no health issues. I dunno your pre op prep, but if you truly tried it all, this is for health not weight loss and fully understand post op life, then oush thru the fear that comes with change. You are worth it.

I almost chickened out right before surgery, too.

Now, here I am 7 months post op and down 80 pounds.

So glad I didn't. I have zero regrets. And you will too!

Thank you for the boost! Surgery is tomorrow at 10am for me.

Lori

Good luck!! Let us know how you're doing