Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unflavored (or preferably flavorless) protein powders

I bought Isopure unflavored powder...which made my cream of wheat nearly inedible. I know powders? utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury is out there...Before I continue to spend money on different powders...what's your favorite unflavored/flavorless powders to add to food?

I used Syntrax Nectar. But the truth is, unflavored isn't flavorless (it's just Protein without vanilla or chocolate or whatever added to it), and you are going to taste it, particularly in something really bland like cream of wheat. You'd probably be better off with chocolate or vanilla Protein Powder in your cream of wheat, since the protein taste is masked.

I know a lot of people love GENEPRO and swear it is tasteless -- I personally think Genepro is a complete scam and if a reputable, independent lab tested it they'd find it was made of talcum powder and ground up houseplants, so I can't recommend it.

If you have a Winco they have an unflavored Protein in the bulk section, so you don't have to buy a lot to test it out!

The Unjury unflavoured is great. I don't taste it in smoothies or anything.

I've tried GENEPRO, Syntrax, and Unjury. GenePro is my favorite, but it does seem too good to be true. Unjury is fine, but my heart races when I use it. Have no idea why. Syntrax is my #2 favorite: it dissolves quite well before you even start stirring it. Go with Syntrax.

Edited by careya123

i found one on Amazon, NOW Foods whey Protein Isolate, that i have been using for almost six months. It dissolves well in my morning smoothies and in instant fat free/sugar free pudding. It is very close to tasteless and I have found that mixing it in anything up to warm works well. It clumps in hot liquids, however. It has worked really well for me and you can buy it in a bulk 5 lb size which lasts a while.

I don't get how people do the Unjury especially the un flavored, I taste it in everything and even worse I smell it even in smoothies. Today I'm purchasing premade isopures from my dr's office and I've been making my smoothies with Greek Yogurt for the Protein. creamy banana has 15g

My favorite is Isopure. It blends well and I've used the chocolate, vanilla and unflavored. Unjury makes me gag.

Totally opposite for me!

I just purchased Greek yogurtein coconut cream and it tastes like coconut. Great for yogurts, I haven't tried it in anything else. I also grabbed a container of Quest unflavored that you can use in anything. shakes, liquids, and it bakes. Haven't tried it yet but the woman at GNC said she heard it works great. Anyone bake with any Protein powders?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I added some Unjury unflavored to some gingerbread I made and it went unnoticed :D by the family.

I don't care for the Isopure I bought unless it is mixed with something that has a strong smell. The Isopure has an odor I didn't notice with the Unjury.

hi!!! I too have spent too much money and now I have 3 unflavored containers in the kitchen. Here is what I liked.

1) GNC unflavored if I was cooking (usually this is for oatmeal or stovetop cooking - like soups).

2) Unjury if I was making a shake with lots of other flavors.

Now I have learned that I like the Quest flavors and use those to many of my foods now. Like I add vanilla when I make Protein pudding. chocolate and PB when I made my oatmeal now. And banana when I make pancakes.< /p>

My last favorite unflavored has been nectar.

good luck.

I also use the NOW Foods whey Protein Isolate (NOT the concentrate! The concentrate is awful!) Inexpensive and pretty tasteless! I put it in my crystal light and it gives it a slight jello-like taste but it's the only protein powder my sleeve tolerates. I can't do anything creamy without getting sick.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Used a packet of Unjury unflavored in cream of chicken Soup and it vanished completely. The soup taste and texture was exactly the same as before I added the Protein. I was pleasantly shocked. I will be buying Unjury unflavored.