Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wish for more success

Had my sleeve surgery on Nov 2, 2015. Starting weight before surgery was 314 and my current weight is 265. I feel that I have so many times were the scale doesn't move for several weeks. Even though I'm down 50lbs I feel like my lost number should be higher. I exercise 3-4x a week and wonder if it's enough or if now that I'm 50 y.o. it will take longer to get this weight off.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using the BariatricPal App

I feel the exact same way. For the last 3 months I've had no weight loss for 3 out of the 4 weeks. Basically, every 3 weeks I lose a couple pounds. Very frustrating as I am following all of the rules.

Sigh.....I can relate. But, I know sometimes when the scale doesn't move you have to re-evaluate what you're doing. It's possible you may not be getting enough calories. What is your carb intake-do you track it?

Once my exercise physiologist told me to take a week off to let my body rest & I lost two #'s that week. I really don't like doing that because it makes it hard to start back after a week of rest.

Your body can get used to the same routine and you have to tweak things to get the scale moving again.

How about strength training? I was recently told to incorporate weights two days a week, that started my scale moving again, ounces only but I'll take it.

Had my sleeve surgery on Nov 2, 2015. Starting weight before surgery was 314 and my current weight is 265. I feel that I have so many times were the scale doesn't move for several weeks. Even though I'm down 50lbs I feel like my lost number should be higher. I exercise 3-4x a week and wonder if it's enough or if now that I'm 50 y.o. it will take longer to get this weight off.

It sounds like you are doing great.

Stalls are a normal, natural, and necessary part of the process.

Are you still following your program and getting in all of your Protein and fluids?

None of us lose at a constant or steady rate.

Embrace the stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

I almost a year out... I've lost 124 pounds total. 412 down to 289lbs. Stalls are normal and as someone else said, necessary. It's not always all about the scale... Sometimes you can see a change in inches when the scale doesn't move. I've gone from size 5x/6x shirts to a 2x/3x. 54 waist pants down to 46 waist.

If your lifting weights that can also affect things... As you loose fat and it's replace with muscle, that affects the scale.

The weight will come off... Just follow your doctor's orders and you will be fine.

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App