Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I'm a month out of surgery just saying but today I'm stuck in school all day! I didn't get to bring my veggies since I was in a rush so I don't be late to class. My question is my college has a cafe but not to big of options like Chinese good, pizza, salads, burgers, an a section for just sweets, what can I get to eat while I'm stuck in school?

If they have a salad eat that. Or if they have a vending machine get some nuts. If they have the packages that are 290 calories then get that one and just eat one, slowly. Don't get carried away with nuts because the have a lot of calories.

Get a burger (preferably a grilled chicken burger) and throw away the bun, or ask them to wrap it in lettuce instead of a bun. No high calorie add-ons like cheese, mayo, "special sauce" etc. though!

Do they make sandwiches? You could get a turkey and cheese sandwich without the bread. Just think Protein first. Do they make the food on site or is it prepackaged? If you get a salad then get one with Protein and just eat the toppings. Do they have chilli? Chinese food: look for chicken or shrimp (or similar) and forego the rice.

From what I know of college food there should be plenty of Proteins to choose from. Just focus on protein and avoid the starch.

I work at a college and our little food court are has pepperoni & cheese cups, hard boiled eggs, and yogurt. You should look for those kinds of things.

At a month out of surgery I was still in the puréed food stage

Good point. At a month out I was on soft foods. So the hard boiled egg or yogurt would work, but not the pepperoni & cheese cup I mentioned. Another thing to check might be if they have Soups or chili. Our food court always has two Soups of the day available.

If they have a salad eat that. Or if they have a vending machine get some nuts. If they have the packages that are 290 calories then get that one and just eat one, slowly. Don't get carried away with nuts because the have a lot of calories.

I would be able to eat salad? Like chicken salad? An I'm suppose to stay away from nuts

Do they make sandwiches? You could get a turkey and cheese sandwich without the bread. Just think Protein first. Do they make the food on site or is it prepackaged? If you get a salad then get one with Protein and just eat the toppings. Do they have chilli? Chinese food: look for chicken or shrimp (or similar) and forego the rice.

From what I know of college food there should be plenty of Proteins to choose from. Just focus on protein and avoid the starch.

Have a food site, they make it infront of you

I was on pureed for like a week or two an now I'm suppose to be on solids now

I would be able to eat salad? Like chicken salad? An I'm suppose to stay away from nuts

A month out I was allowed chicken salad and tuna salad. I was not allowed to eat salad like a garden salad. No raw veggies that early.

Good point. At a month out I was on soft foods. So the hard boiled egg or yogurt would work, but not the pepperoni & cheese cup I mentioned. Another thing to check might be if they have Soups or chili. Our food court always has two Soups of the day available.

don't have Soup or chili here

A month out I was allowed chicken salad and tuna salad. I was not allowed to eat salad like a garden salad. No raw veggies that early.[/quote

I'm making sure I can eat salad because my nut or doc never told me anything about salad but said I can't have any raw veggies

I'm making sure I can eat salad because my nut or doc never told me anything about salad but said I can't have any raw veggies

Yeah, you wouldn't be able to have lettuce and such that early out. You can have chicken and tuna salad, which are shredded chicken or tuna mixed with mayo, though.

Yeah, you wouldn't be able to have lettuce and such that early out. You can have chicken and tuna salad, which are shredded chicken or tuna mixed with mayo, though.

From the Chinese I got chicken and broccoli