Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Crappity crap

My air conditioning is broken. Caput. GONE. It's 90-fucking-degrees in my apartment right now. And the bad thing? It's 75 degrees outside right now. COOLER than my apartment. I should go sleep on my balcony! :angry

I did earlier today. He came and looked at it and couldn't figure out what was wrong with it, and just said to call them again on Monday if it still wasn't working. And of course, it's supposed to get up into the mid-90s here this weekend.

I think it needs more freon or coolant or whatever. It works (sometimes) when I first turn it on after it's been off for a while, but then it just starts blowing warm air. The fan works fine, it just isn't cooling anything.

Hi Laurend.....it IS HOT here today and the humidity is suffocating. (altho it is ONLY at 54% at the moment) The heat index is 102 and rising.

My air went out in my car in mid July. I GLADLY paid the $1200 to fix it because I'm such a wuss in the heat. Unfortunately, after I spent the money my brother-in-law says he could have fixed it for $50!! OUCH.

I read your siggy....I too am going to be banded in Memphis but by Dr Woodman. Do you know anything about him? My sis had the LB surgery about three years ago and is now at her goal. She recommended Dr Woodman to me altho I have yet to see anyone on this forum use him as of yet.

Anyway..........I hope you get your air fixed soon...it's miserable here. Just a thought here....sometimes our ac freezes up. We have to turn it off for several hours to thaw, then turn it back on. It happens at least twice every summer. Luckily, it hasnt happened this year......YET.

Jacki

I've not really heard anything about Dr. Woodman. Have you tried searching on ObesityHelp.com for some of his other patients?

Anyway..........I hope you get your air fixed soon...it's miserable here. Just a thought here....sometimes our ac freezes up. We have to turn it off for several hours to thaw, then turn it back on. It happens at least twice every summer. Luckily, it hasnt happened this year......YET.

I wish that was all it was. I stayed with my parents for about 4 weeks, and when I got back to Kentucky, the air wasn't working. I had to go back to Tennessee the next day, though, so I just turned it off and left.

Are you sure it's not freezing up? My friend had new A/C put in and I think it was too big for her house. It leaked and ruined her kitchen floor. Make sure the thing isn't too big. Then get someone else out there. If you look long enough, you'll find a decent A/C repair person. Ask around and see who everyone else in your neighborhood uses. My parents had a room A/C and it froze up because it wasn't hanging the right way and the Water didn't drop out right. Being from Oklahoma, I know a lot about how A/Cs can go wrong. Good luck.

Are you sure it's not freezing up? My friend had new A/C put in and I think it was too big for her house. It leaked and ruined her kitchen floor. Make sure the thing isn't too big. Then get someone else out there. If you look long enough, you'll find a decent A/C repair person. Ask around and see who everyone else in your neighborhood uses. My parents had a room A/C and it froze up because it wasn't hanging the right way and the Water didn't drop out right. Being from Oklahoma, I know a lot about how A/Cs can go wrong. Good luck.
Yep, it isn't freezing. After the repair guy left yesterday (at which point the air had been turned on for about 20 minutes), it only blew cold air for about half an hour. Before I turned it on, it had been off since Tuesday. Plenty of time for it to defrost, if freezing was the problem. I haven't gotten it to blow cold air since he left, so I think it's just low on freon or whatever.

I wish I could just go sit in a cold bath until Monday.

Two things... don't run it if it isn't blowing cold air. You'll trash the compressor (sp?) thing. It will turn black and icky and it's a verrrry expensive repair.

Also, at night (I live in the desert, the old people tell me stories from before there was A/C here) get a sheet, wet it down in the shower. Cover up with it at night and have a fan blowing on the damp sheet.

You can come visit me. Of course, it's typically around 110(F) here but my A/C works well! (knocking on wood)

Could you elaborate more on that or send me a private message? I have heard he's a great surgeon but has zero bedside manner. I'd like to know if there is a cause for medical concern.

Thanks

Jacki

I had George Woodman. I strongly suggest someone else.

He is just a cutter. He is not going to hold or support you in your weight loss effort. I quit going to see him.

He is a good surgeon but had very poor follow-up care. Several of his patients have dropped him. I understand he now has a fill nurse who does his follow-up. In this case, it may be ok to use him. There was no surgical reason not to use him.

He is a good surgeon but had very poor follow-up care. Several of his patients have dropped him. I understand he now has a fill nurse who does his follow-up. In this case, it may be ok to use him. There was no surgical reason not to use him.
Yep, that's pretty much what I've heard. Several of his patients now see my surgeon, and that's basically the story they've given me when I've talked to them. He apparently has HORRID bedside manner, making several of them cry.