Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else have March 29th surgery date r in Delaware?

@@Phillygirl_in_DE

Sorry to hear about your pain. I can relate. Today has been a much better day for me. Sending you all hugs and healing energy.

This is all just temporary.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

How is everyone recovering? I still have awful belly gas, but otherwise I'm ok.

My surgery was 3/31 and today is the first day I feel ok....I got the first full nights sleep in 4 days so I'm sure that have something to do with feeling better. Every sip hurts and taking pills hurts even more. Every day I hope to feel better.

I feel good. I've never been so grateful to pass gas though. I'm struggling with the chewable Vitamins and need to find some that taste better. Iced herbal mint tea has been wonderful to soothe my stomach, and I've been working hard to meet my Protein and Fluid intake goals. My kids came to visit and made the last few days so wonderful; they all waited on me, brought takeout of my favorite Soup and made sure I had plenty of fliids. We went for walks and I just felt so supported. I feel pretty good overall. I'm just trying to be kind and gentle to myself during this period. Gonna spend this next week focusing on exercise and meeting my nutritional goals.

I'm really amazed at how I feel when reading others post. The first day was horrible I said why did I do this to myself. Second day a little better. By the third day I felt normal I couldn't believe it. I didn't have gas pain at all but I did suffer from some burning up under my apron belly with a funny odor. I think the stuff they give us to wash before surgery was not right for me...it was chloride wash.

So my husband had his sleeve done yesterday...He is hanging in there. In prep and holding I got to talk to Dr Peters and he asked me how I was... I told him I was struggling with crushing the meds and basically wasn't taking my pills. He said, "oh we are starting to tell people to just take them now and not to crush them...the ursodial is big so break it in half and take half in morning and half at night"... Don't get me wrong, I am THRILLED! But geez, what a difference a week makes... I was sleeved exactly 1 week prior... So there you have it... I was so scared of getting a leak from heaving and throwing up from trying to swallow crushed pills... Can go back to my pills and so so so need my antidepressant...been getting harder and harder to get off the couch!

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

So how are the Delaware peeps doing this week? I am still pre-op but hope to have submittal to insurance soon.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Doing great! Feeling great! About to begin pureed foods. Lost 24 pounds since the Optifast and 10lbs since surgery.

• @Phillygirl_in_DE awesome...and I bet you are happy to be moving on to pureed! So I completed my pre-op items but was awaiting the sleep apnea results. They called me today and said I had severe sleep apnea (63 events per hour, 83 when on back) so I have to get a CPAP. I called the surgeons office and seems they just need some info from my doctor before submitting to insurance. So hopefully a surgery date is coming soon!

@@liftedjeep06 just got the call today to schedule surgical clearance and she was submitting my papers to insurance today!! ***nerve wrecking***....eons now I wait....but my surgical clearance is next Wednesday where she sd I can buy the opti-fast at that time....just nervous considering this is the moment I have been waiting for....will keep u guys posted with my date....

qtonduty30

@@qtonduty30 yeahhhhh! Starting to get real now

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk