Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Your daily routine

Sometimes I wonder if I am doing this right and I feel frustrated because I either don't eat enough Protein or I over eat to compensate a missed meal. I work about 8-12 hours a day and just wondering what and how everyone else manages their daily food intake especially when working. What is your daily menu and how do you maintain it?

Early on I planned my meals/snacks in my food tracker the night before. Then printed it and put times next to meals based on my calendar. Then checked things off. That way if I knew I was in meetings all morning...I could plan 1/2 a Protein Bar on a break...if I was at my desk maybe it was yogurt and fruit. I'm actually going back to this method this week because I've gotten cocky and haven't tracked the past few months...also haven't lost during that time :( Good luck!

Early on I planned my meals/snacks in my food tracker the night before. Then printed it and put times next to meals based on my calendar. Then checked things off. That way if I knew I was in meetings all morning...I could plan 1/2 a Protein bar on a break...if I was at my desk maybe it was yogurt and fruit. I'm actually going back to this method this week because I've gotten cocky and haven't tracked the past few months...also haven't lost during that time :( Good luck!

What do you use to track?

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

I like My Fitness Pal. It has a lot of foods already in the database. I've also used SparkPeople. Both also have phone apps...

I work 10-12 hour days. I eat on a schedule. I'm also almost 2 years post surgery so this may not work for you. I get to work around 8:00 and eat Breakfast at my desk while going through email. (usually ground turkey and a bit of cheese, scrambled egg and cheese or leftovers from the night before). Usually, Breakfast will hold me until lunch, but on those days it doesn't I have a high Protein snack around 11-11:30. lunch is usually at 1:00 and consists of 4 oz of Protein and if room a bite of veggies (today was leftover steak and edamame). I have a small snack around 4:00 which usually consists of some nuts and a piece of cheese or something very similar) If its a workout night, I have another snack around 6-6:30 almost always a greek yogurt with 1/2 a tablespoon of PB2 blended in. I then eat dinner when I get home from the gym; 4 oz of protein and a veggie or salad. I average between 90-110g of protein a day.

I find it helpful if I plan and portion out my meals the night before, that way I just have to grab out of the fridge and go. I also track in My fitness pal.

Hope that helps

I'm 9 months out, down 98 pounds, work full days, work out most days, and get 85-100 grams of Protein each day. I do it by meal planning on the weekends. A typical day looks like this:

Breakfast - egg and turkey bacon (I cook the bacon on the weekend, then just zap it each morning)

Health wise marshmallow hot chocolate (these are 15 grams of Protein and delicious)

lunch - Dannon Light and Fit Yogurt

Sliced turkey with cheese roll-up

snack - Quest bar or Quest protein chips

dinner - chicken with a bite or two of veggies, ham/cheese omelet, shrimp, or chili made with ground turkey

I also use P3 Protein packs that I buy at the grocery store and Smithfield deli meat and cheese roll ups - both are easy to grap as Snacks or meals when needed. I grill my chicken on the weekends, pack veggies and other items in baggies in correct portions. Tracking my food and Water in myfitnesspal keeps me accountable.

Over 2 years out and maintaining 10 pounds below goal. I work 10-12 hours/ day with no breaks. I take my Multivitamin, D3, and B12 with a couple spoonfuls of full fat cottage cheese 1st thing in the AM. I have a 20oz travel mug I fill with Decaf tea with 1/2 and 1/2 and drink on my way to work. Depending on our schedule I may refill that with decaf coffee and Creamer at a local convenience store at some point in the morning. Anytime from 10 to 12 I eat a Quest bar and take a Calcium supplement tablet. Throughout the afternoon I will drink a 24-30oz Protein shake and snack on nuts, Jerky, beef sticks, pumpkin seeds or popcorn and take a second Calcium supplement tablet at some point.

On my way home from work I start a 32oz bottle of Water and drink that through the evening. For my evening meals, I pretty much eat whatever I feel like, making sure I get Protein, fruits and veggies. I always have Greek yogurt with ground flax seed and Kashi go lean or all bran Cereal for dessert. (Gotta have my fiber!). I will take a third calcium tablet in the evening. Usually have 12-16oz of decaf tea at bedtime.

Weekends are much more of a free-for-all. I eat 6-8 tiny meals thoughout the day. I don't usually have a Protein Shake on my days off because I actually have the time to eat my protein. I also try to get in even more fruits, veggies and whole grains. If I'm driving a long distance or going on a horseback ride, I do take a Protein Drink with me.