Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am wondering if there is anyone else that is close to me? I am just north of Toronto Ontario Canada and I'm curious of support groups in the area

Unfortunately I'm not in your area, but as a fellow Canadian I thought I'd pop in and say "Hi!" I'm in North Dakota right now, but I was born and raised in the Niagara region, so not terribly far from you.

As for support groups, perhaps your surgeons office can direct you to one? I know that local support group info was one of things included in the big binder I was provided by mine. :D

Awesome! Yea not to far at all! They provided me with a support group but it's in Toronto where I'm getting my surgery and I live about 45 minutes from there and I don't drive unfortunately.

I hear you - my nearest support group is 2 hours away and I don't drive either. Hence I hover around here excessively. :D

I am wondering if there is anyone else that is close to me? I am just north of Toronto Ontario Canada and I'm curious of support groups in the area[emoji1]

Hello! I had my surgery at Toronto Western and they offer support groups as do most of the other Toronto hospitals that offer bariatric surgeries. I haven't attended any yet to be honest. I've thought about it though.

Hi :) yes I will be getting mine at Humber River Hospital bit live in Newmarket and don't drive so wouldn't be able to make it there for any group so was wondering if there was anything closer

Hi :) yes I will be getting mine at Humber River Hospital bit live in Newmarket and don't drive so wouldn't be able to make it there for any group so was wondering if there was anything closer

Ask Humber. There's likely a bariatric group or at the very least an OA group that's more local. Good luck with your surgery and feel free to pm any questions you may have. I'm 5 months out. Best decision ever!

Ask Humber. There's likely a bariatric group or at the very least an OA group that's more local. Good luck with your surgery and feel free to pm any questions you may have. I'm 5 months out. Best decision ever!
That's awesome and I will look into that! Congrats on your surgery! How are you feeling this far out? How much have you lost in 5 months?

That's awesome and I will look into that! Congrats on your surgery! How are you feeling this far out? How much have you lost in 5 months?

I've lost 87lbs. It's been great- a few ups and downs. I have developed an ulcer (although it seems fine with medication) so I'm just careful to avoid spicy and tomato-based foods. Dealt with the typical hurdles the first few months- it's an adjustment that's for sure. But overall I am so thrilled. This will change your life and you won't look back. At least that's been my experience. :)

Hi Mizzz I'm in Toronto and getting my RNY at Humber

on April 15th when are you getting yours done ? Also looking for a support group add me up!

Edited by Skydom

You should really consider using Bariatric Pal as your "support group". There is a wealth of information and opinions here to help get you through any questions you may have and you don't have to leave your sofa!!.

I am from Windsor Ontario and had my gastric bypass September 4, 2015 in Tijuana Mexico.

I'm in Tijuana right now. Was supposed to go with bypass but doctors are recommended the sleeve. I'm from Markham. My operation will happen tomorrow morning at 8 am. So for this experience has exceeded my expectations.

I'm in Tijuana right now. Was supposed to go with bypass but doctors are recommended the sleeve. I'm from Markham. My operation will happen tomorrow morning at 8 am. So for this experience has exceeded my expectations.

Wow that's very exciting! Good luck! I'm in Newmarket so quite close by Markham

Wow that's very exciting! Good luck! I'm in Newmarket so quite close by Markham

Feeling anxious and excited at the same time. I'm in Newmarket all the time for processing work at the court house.

I'll be back home on the 20th. If anyone wants to set up meetings or anything like that I'm in. If not any forum of local support would be helpful to all.