Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 07 Roll Call

Justwant2lose - we are being banded the same day! Good luck with your pre-op diet! You are starting really early. I hope it isn't too tough for you!

<p>Yup, my pre op diet consists of 4-5 EAS Advant Edge Carb Control shakes (from walmart) with 17g of Protein and a lean cuisine. Basically less than 800 calories per day. I'm on day three and soooo look forward to my lean cuisine every night. The shakes are only 110 calories, 3 g of fat, 4g carbs, and no sugar. I'm already tired of chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry, but I just drink them. Instead of taking it day by day, I'm taking in on shake by shake. As long as my liver shrinks that's the important thing. I'm glad I'm not limited to only two shakes a day because after about two hours I'm hungry again. I've been trying to drink Water and crystal light in between to trick my tummy into thinking it's full. At the end of the day I put a little sticker star on my calendar because I've accomplished my 800 calories. Oh and my dreams aren't about the surgery, they're about my mom dying (how morbid is that, I love my Mom) and bad stuff like that. I guess dreaming about death is something coming to an end, a start to something new and fresh, rebirth, or a sense of worry will cease to exist. I had to look up the meanings because I was so upset about my dreams. Hopefully just about my anxiety over lapband.

Oh my, I feel the same way, this liquid diet is about to make me go crazy and I keep having dreams that my sweet little nephews died. Isn't that so weird, somehow facing my own mortality by going into surgery is totally messing up my mind. I really hope that after my surgery and I can eat normal food again (so tired of chocolate, royal chocolate, starwberry, etc) that my brain will relax.

My surgery is confirmed for the 7th. THIS FRIDAY, I am a little scarred. My mom is taking off work to come and help me out and I live with my sister, so all should be really smooth. I am so anxious. Plus, not having work on Monday this will be a 3 day work week for me. The hard part is that I am starting a masters program this week as well. I am only taking 2 classes and one is online. The other is on Tuesdays, so I think I should be feeling well enough to go to class and just sit there on Tuesday the 11th. If not, oh well, I can miss one class.

Wow, I should really go to bed, I'm just rambling now, but seriously, how did people live before computers. I can remember my family's first computer with AOL, the first version, when I was in the 11th grade. I actually typed my college applications on a typewriter. I kind of miss that time though, when you were excited to get a magazine or the newspaper because you didn't already know everything that was going to be in it from e-mail and cnn. I wish someone would write me a letter and mail it. I wish friends made plans ahead of time instead of just planning to call on their cell phones and see what was going on. Oh well....

justwant2lose, isn't it crazy - but I don't have a time yet! I go in on the 13th for my consult and they will take my money and then give me a time then. You know, once money is in hand. LOL I hope that it is early though - I am ready to get on with the new outside me, you know, the one that fits the inside!!!

Poohlvr - I know what you mean about the $$$. They are very upfront about that! Please let me know when you find out the time. Maybe we

could compare notes, etc. - you know, "buddy up"!

I won't find out my time until I go in for the consult on Sept. 13 - But I will let you know for sure then! I am getting so excited - almost 2 weeks away now! Woohoo!

Poohlvr-I am starting to get nervous for my pre op visit...mostly the fact that they might find some reason why they can't do my surgery. I called the only friend that knows to go with me, but she is the principal of a P, K, 1 school and they have many issues at the end of the day with bussing, so she can't get away. When I get nervous I clam up, so I need to make my list of questions before I go. Anyway, I will post Wednesday evening once I get home. My name is Shannon. Only 2 more days until I know for sure! Have a great Tuesday!

I am being banded sept. 21st. in Houston TX. By Dr. Frank Felts. Anyone else???

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches