Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sensitive subject

I am 2.5 months out from surgery. I restarted my birth control pills about 2 weeks ago but I am curious, has anyone had an issue with their sex drive?i just don't have any interest in it, I don't know if it's just that my hormones that are all out of wack or what, but I just have no interest in sex at all.

Not an issue I had but it's possibly the result of the release of hormones that have been stored up in your fat cells...

Hopefully (for you and your partner) things will balance out once your body settles down and gets into a rhythm..

Not an issue I had but it's possibly the result of the release of hormones that have been stored up in your fat cells...

Hopefully (for you and your partner) things will balance out once your body settles down and gets into a rhythm..

Thanks ! I'm hoping that happens too!

Lol, I have virtually no sex drive, although I'm not sure at what point this happened. Before surgery I wasn't much of a dater, however I regularly enjoyed "me-time" if you know what I mean. Now, while I was a good gf during the one relationship I have had since my sleeve and I put out routinely 1-2 times a day, I really have no interest in it one way or the other. I figure if I date someone again I will care and until then, eh, more time to do other things.

This happened to me too. Not sure why. But lots of women said the same thing. Now, at 9 months out it is much better, although maybe not perfect. But much much better. I still have vaginal dryness though. Not sure if that is related to surgery but it seems to be.

My doctor (ob/gyn) tested my hormone levels and DHEA and Testosterone were at the low end of normal. He put me on DHEA and said if that didn't help I could do testosterone cream as well. Talk to your OB/Gyn.

There are no sensitive subjects here among us......just the occasional overly sensitive, easily butthurt member.

Just a dude's perspective, here.....due to prolonged back pain issues and other poor health stuff....the months leading up to my sleeve surgery were a drought of activity of any kind. Very unusual state for me. It was something that I never saw coming and when it hit......so did the near immediate motivation to get out from underneath controllable health issues once and for all....the decision to have wls was made.

Abdominal hernia patch job done at time of sleeve. The desire to get busy and get my groove on was there a couple weeks after surgery....but the hernia wound kept me in check. About the time I hit the 6-8 week mark it was game-on....ready to rock 'n roll when the opportunity presented itself.

For reasons other than surgery the opportunity has been a rare occasion, but I stand ready, willing and able.

At 4.5 months.....I can say that it is on my mind about as much as it was when I was a teenager.

2.5 months from undergoing serious surgery, 2.5 months from a complete change in the way your body processes food, 2.5 months from a drastic reduction in caloric intake, 2.5 months into a complete metabolic shift, 2.5 months worth of stress and hormones, 2.5 months in a body that is constantly changing. You're FINE. Don't worry if you don't feel like it yet.

Frankly, I'm more surprised at the folks that go "it's been two weeks, can I start banging people yet?" Bless their hearts, but I didn't want anyone to come near me for six months.

Edited to remove double post.

Edited by BarrySue

Im the opposite! Sex at 307 was painful and difficult. 41 pounds down I am starting to feel energy again and able to move better. I coud still happily sleep sometimes though - although I only see my fella 2 times a week so plenty of me time too.

I've always had a high drive and am one week post op, feeling great and wishing I was two weeks post op already! This is not something I'd read when I researched prior to surgery so thank you for posting it! It helps to know what could happen, down the road!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

2.5 months from undergoing serious surgery, 2.5 months from a complete change in the way your body processes food, 2.5 months from a drastic reduction in caloric intake, 2.5 months into a complete metabolic shift, 2.5 months worth of stress and hormones, 2.5 months in a body that is constantly changing. You're FINE. Don't worry if you don't feel like it yet.

Frankly, I'm more surprised at the folks that go "it's been two weeks, can I start banging people yet?" Bless their hearts, but I didn't want anyone to come near me for six months.

Well when you put it like that I feel terrible because my fiancé obviously isn't going through changes like my body is and his sex drive is just as it always if but I just can't be bothered with it. I just hope it rights itself soon. Thanks for responding though! I really appreciate it !

Lol, I have virtually no sex drive, although I'm not sure at what point this happened. Before surgery I wasn't much of a dater, however I regularly enjoyed "me-time" if you know what I mean. Now, while I was a good gf during the one relationship I have had since my sleeve and I put out routinely 1-2 times a day, I really have no interest in it one way or the other. I figure if I date someone again I will care and until then, eh, more time to do other things.

I hear ya. I used to be all about me time but I can't even get into that. I'm engaged and I should be jumping my fiancés bones every chance I get but I can't even be bothered with it. Sometimes I can't stand to be touched. I feel bad bc he has been dealing with this for awhile, 2 months before my sleeve , I have a major cervical spine surgery so it's been awhile since I've felt up to even making an attempt. I just feel bad all around.

Im the opposite! Sex at 307 was painful and difficult. 41 pounds down I am starting to feel energy again and able to move better. I coud still happily sleep sometimes though - although I only see my fella 2 times a week so plenty of me time too.

Congrats on the weight loss, that is awesome !! I wish I was getting energy. I feel the farther away from the surgery I get the less energy I have. Fingers crossed my hormones figure it shit out. I'm 54lbs down and I want to enjoy this weight loss lol

This happened to me too. Not sure why. But lots of women said the same thing. Now, at 9 months out it is much better, although maybe not perfect. But much much better. I still have vaginal dryness though. Not sure if that is related to surgery but it seems to be.

My doctor (ob/gyn) tested my hormone levels and DHEA and Testosterone were at the low end of normal. He put me on DHEA and said if that didn't help I could do testosterone cream as well. Talk to your OB/Gyn.

Hmm. I will definitely have to get checked out. I used to have high testosterone due to PCOS, but it's been normal for the last couple of years but that was before my weight loss. I wonder if it's changed. I'll have to make an apt. I'm glad you're feeling better!