Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

At least 100 or 200, but I can only intake about 60 grams or 70

Ok, I am still confused.....

1)Your surgeon wants you to get up to 200g of Protein? That's insane and nothing I've ever heard of before. Are you sure those are your instructions?

2) you mentioned before you get in one Protein shake and a bit of farina or Beans. That isn't even close to 60 or 70g. So what are you eating?

I think she means her portions are supposed to be 100-200g? Which is quite big.

Sent from my SM-G900H using the BariatricPal App

@@NatashaSaysRawr, folks here are really trying to help you and it's a bit frustrating for everyone when we seem to be only partly understanding one another.

Are you tracking what you're eating and drinking? Not just what, but amounts, and in something like Sparkpeople, or My Fitness Pal? If you aren't, please, please, please start. You will know without a doubt what you're taking in, both in terms of volume and of nutrients and calories.

If you've read many threads here, you will know that you simply can't stretch your sleeve with liquids, though you can make yourself very uncomfortable. You won't feel hunger at this stage, and perhaps not for many months. I know how hard it is to wrap your brain around eating without hunger, we've all been schooled never to do this. BUT that was then and this is now. You are responsible for fueling your body, just like your car. You don't have a gas gauge for your new tummy. You have to eat and drink by the clock for a while. It will be fine, we promise. All of us.

Edited by 2goldengirl

I am 5 wks out as well.. Stalled my 3rd wk, I am meeting my Protein and Water goal. I even still email my nutritionist my food list daily so she can verify.. I've now gained 2lbs.. Smh.. It does seem like you follow the protocol and your weight goes up, I'm sure it's normal to be frustrated I guess.. Nothing I can do about it at the point!

How many grams of Protein are you supposed to have in a day?

How many ounces of Water?

One shake and a few Beans can't be more than 30-35g of Protein.< /p>

See, my doctor told me to cut down my shakes during my puree stage and I realized fairly quickly that I should add another shake because once I cut one out I could not hit the protein goal on 9 TBSP of food a day plus a shake.

@@NatashaSaysRawr,

Stalls and minor gains are SUPER frustrating and infuriating, but they’re part of the game. If you’re truly doing everything your doctor and nutritionist say, you will lose weight. That includes hitting things like calories and Protein and definitely fluids (lots of patients don’t drink enough, and that can really lead to a stall).

The main things are to be patient, which is really tough, and to be honest with yourself, which is part of this journey. Good luck!

I'm in my third week too, and it's hard to get a lot in I agree, but your stomach has been through a trauma, it's hunger signals can't be trusted right now. It's not going to tell you when it needs food. I'm currently eating 5 times a day, maybe 70g Protein for three of them, and then two Protein shakes. The first day I was on mush I could only manage 40g. When you've eaten enough you'll feel it just behind your chest, don't push it after that. Protein Shakes will not stretch your sleeve.

Be sensible, you can't possibly expect the right results if you're not following your program, anymore than you could expect pills to cure a sickness if you weren't taking them.

So that means I just have to keep pushing to get enough Protein since I don't get enough
Exactly.

Ok thank you

:)

No.

You're not going to stretch your sleeve.

Really.

I promise.

:)

lol ok I take that promise

Remember, force more Protein, not force more food in your stomach. Add shakes through the day, or Protein powder to meals.

Thank you, I still can't feel for food. I'll eat once a day an won't won't food at all just always something to drink

At least 100 or 200, but I can only intake about 60 grams or 70

Ok, I am still confused.....

1)Your surgeon wants you to get up to 200g of Protein? That's insane and nothing I've ever heard of before. Are you sure those are your instructions?

2) you mentioned before you get in one Protein shake and a bit of farina or Beans. That isn't even close to 60 or 70g. So what are you eating?

Wants me to get close 90g sorry I read it wrong, I can't really feel for the need to eat so I try at least one meal a day and I'll just drink lots of Water and tea and Gatorade

If you're having one meal a day that's your problem. Eat more often, your body is going to do nothing if you starve it.

If you're having one meal a day that's your problem. Eat more often, your body is going to do nothing if you starve it.

It's just hard trying to eat when I don't feel the need to eat anymore, I been trying and when ever I don't body just doesn't want it

As I said before, your body is physically incapable of judging for itself right now. Get a timer, set it for every three hours and eat something when it goes off, even if it's only an ounce of food. Between that keep up the Water and try sipping at Protein drinks. This isn't about what your body wants anymore, that's the point. Keep to a schedule and get more in, otherwise not losing weight is going to be the least of your problems in the long run.

Since you can drink OK, make sure everything you drink contains Protein. I could barely eat more than a couple tablespoons at a time for several months, but I still got in 60-80g protein starting day five via Protein Shakes, milk, and even thinned Greek Yogurt. And no, I didn't want to eat, either, but I forced myself to get proper nutrition. After all, the whole point of surgery was to be healthy. Like @@perforce suggested, it's easier to eat a couple tablespoons several times/day than it is to try and eat just 1 meal.

Please get your Protein and fluids in!!!! It's a must. Your body needs to heal and needs the fuel to do so. Your body also goes into shock and is holding onto anything. The weight will come off....believe all of us! Continue your Vitamins, my doc did not release me to walk for exercise until 1 month. I have lost 44 pounds in 3 months (started at 214 and now 170). I am encouraging you to get your Protein and fluids in---- it's a critical time for your body!

I don't understand why some newbies don't understand that their instructions about what and how much to eat and drink is a PRESCRIPTION!

If you're newly sleeved, the removal of the fundus portion of your stomach has removed the ability of your body to produce ghrelin, which is the hormone that makes human beings feel hunger and thirst. Your likely physical reaction is that you're not feeling hungry OR thirsty.

Ignore your lack of hunger and thirst. Eat and drink what you're supposed to eat and drink anyway.

You are not a special snowflake. You are like all other WLS patients.