Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gained 10lbs post op

I'm freaking out again !

I stepped on the scale this morning and it looks like I gained 10more since my last visit with my nutritionist. I'm meeting with surgeon for preop next week , my surgery date is on the 8th !

I started my pre op diet yesterday but I am struggling sticking to it !!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by mel2k16

Are you saying you gained 10lbs on the liquid diet? Or are you struggling to follow it?

I am guessing you could be headed for a tough discussion with your surgeon. The reality is if you cannot follow the food plan, it shows that you are not making the changes necessary to be successful post surgery.

You have to keep in mind that you have to be incontrol of what you put into your body. The surgery is simply a tool that helps you with volume and actually can cause long term problems if you don't eat the right foods.

You can do this! You have to go back to all the reasons you chose to pursue this surgery. If you can begin to see the goal you will get there.

hoe badly do you want it, that is the question you have to answer.

I know it's hard but I promise, if you follow the plan you will be sucessful.

Hi, we have surgery on the same day. I am on a 2 week Optifast diet that is very strict and I can say I am not enjoying it one bit. The way I am keeping myself on track is by reminding myself that my life may depend on my compliance with this diet. My liver needs to shrink as small as possible for the surgeon to do his best work. I need to do my bit so he can do his and I don't want any half measures that's for sure. Best wishes, you can do this.

There are only a few things that most of us have total control of.....total decision making ability.

One of those is what goes into our mouths.

It is a simple truth.

Simple doesn't always translate to easy, though.

Examine the why's behind your weight gain. Why are your behaviors not in line with your desires to lose weight? Why haven't you exerted control ? What will it take to reach the point where you are in control ?

The surgery is not the prime mover. It is simply an aid.....a tool. It can be defeated if you allow it.

Once you truly gather your resolve to lose the weight you will employ whatever tools that are available for you now.....pre-op...and the weight will begin to fall off. The surgery + your resolve will amplify the results.

Hi, we have surgery on the same day. I am on a 2 week Optifast diet that is very strict and I can say I am not enjoying it one bit. The way I am keeping myself on track is by reminding myself that my life may depend on my compliance with this diet. My liver needs to shrink as small as possible for the surgeon to do his best work. I need to do my bit so he can do his and I don't want any half measures that's for sure. Best wishes, you can do this.

exactly what @@justright66 said! I had my surgery this past Monday 2/22, and I followed the doctors orders to a T because this surgery is a big deal and you want to go into it with the best chance. With that being said my surgery took an hour and a half, my surgeon said it was what she would call a "perfect" surgery and by prepping ahead of time the recovery would be easier. Now I won't say this first week has been a breeze at all but knowing people that have had this done...I am much better off than most. Good luck! You can do this and it will be so worth it!!!

Sent from my iPad using BariatricPal

Edited by Sunshine8946

I'm freaking out again !

I stepped on the scale this morning and it looks like I gained 10more since my last visit with my nutritionist. I'm meeting with surgeon for preop next week , my surgery date is on the 8th !

Look at your pre-op diet as if your life depends on following it is the best way. It makes your surgery easier by shrinking your liver and sets you up for success down the road. A slip up here or there isn't going to be anything of major consequence, but you do need to stick to it. It sucks, I know, but it's actually the hardest part in my opinion. When you can beat that, look out, there's nothing to stop you from reaching your goals.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

I'm freaking out again !

Look at your pre-op diet as if your life depends on following it is the best way. It makes your surgery easier by shrinking your liver and sets you up for success down the road. A slip up here or there isn't going to be anything of major consequence, but you do need to stick to it. It sucks, I know, but it's actually the hardest part in my opinion. When you can beat that, look out, there's nothing to stop you from reaching your goals.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

When you say you're struggling I'd ask what changes you've made so far. Have you started an exercise routine? Have you started to cut back on portions? Like posted above you need to find the "why." The liquid diet will be a struggle if you can't figure out where the deficiency/problem is.

Lock it down, stick with it, and move towards a healthier life.

Agree with PPs. Think about the Liver factor. I was terrified that the surgeon would accidentally slice through it because it was so big. One of the first things I said after the surgery was 'what did my liver look like' lol.

Get back on the horse, you can do it :) We all did it and we all had our own food issues to push through and we all made it.