Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stall at 9 days out

I know that is probably too early to stress about it but, I am only 9 days out and have stalled for the last few days. I guess I was hoping for continued "fast" weight loss as I am still on a clear liquid/protein shake diet. I lost 13 lbs within the first six days and was thrilled to get to 197lbs. I am hoping that as I continue to add calories into my diet, I will start losing again. Anyone else experience a stall so early on?

You do not lose weight every single day even if you are not in a stall. You might stay the same weight for days then suddenly drop.

Also the amount of fluids and waste in your body vary fromday to day.

At nine days out, this isn't called a "stall", it's called "normal postop course". Your body has been through a major trauma. Let it heal. Put away the scale! Have someone hide it or give it to your neighbor. You will only mess with your own head if you start fretting about expecting to see a loss every day.

For the first month or so postop, your body has one goal: healing from surgery. Any weight loss is gravy. That said, most people do experience significant loss postop, but no matter what happens in the first month, it is in no way an indicator of your success after your body has healed.

None of us lose weight at a constant or steady rate. There is no guarantee that you will see a change in the scale every day. That is neither healthy nor realistic.

Everyone stalls, and almost everyone experiences their first "stall" about three weeks after surgery. One day of no change on the scale is not a stall.

If you intend to lose a lot of weight then stalling is a normal, natural, and necessary part of the process.

Just follow your program.

Track your food.

Get in all of your Protein and Fluid, every day.

Avoid starches and added sugar.

Take your Vitamins and supplements as instructed.

Exercise when cleared.

And stay off the scale.

Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

I know it's scary, try to keep your hands busy and do yourself a favor don't weigh everyday. It's not easy but it will drive you crazy.

Anytime we stall in my opinion it brings back the memories of failure from the past. Somehow we are going to be different and this did not work.

We have a tool now that will keep us moving forward we just have to be patient. It's a wild and crazy road we are on, I stalled for 3 weeks, but I was still losing inches.

Get yourself in a routine and focus on just working your plan. This is your future, live it to the fullest.

Im so glad Im not the only one who has fretted about this. Im 2 wks out, have lost 20 lbs (which is amazing) but I have been the same weight for 4 days now. I track everything I take in (I love SparkPeople for tracking) so I guess I will stop weighing myself.

One amazing thing is I have a shirt that wouldn't fit me 3 wks ago and now I can not only get my arms in comfortably but my waist fits too. I got my hair done today and Im currently treating myself to a pedicure and a manicure :)

Celebrating success!