Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got sleeved yesterday

So yesterday I felt really crappy. Tons of pressure in my abdomen and threw up mucus twice. Today the pressure is not so bad but I've been struggling to get fluids in. So far today I've been able to manage about 20 ounces. Every time I drinking my Water it feels like it gets stuck and still have the mucus coming up. I hope this doesn't last too long. I'm surprisingly not hungry especially since I haven't had solid food since Saturday morning. I just really wish I could I could guzzle a whole bunch of water because I am so thirsty!

Congratulations on your surgery.

Don't worry about this, it gets so much better real fast.

@@BlueEyes502 - focus on sipping Water though out the day. If you are drinking 64oz, break that up into four 16oz 'servings' and try to drink that amount within say a 3 hour period, then another 16oz and so on and so on...by the time 12hours have passed you will have consumed at least your minimal requirement.

I cut back after about 6pm or I am up running to the bathroom instead of sleeping :/

Just keep sipping. You might want to try different temperatures: from ice cold, to room temperature, to hot tea or broth. Also, Mio drops or crystal light might help you to drink the Water more easily.

sugar-free Popsicles and crushed ice also count toward your fluids.

The next few weeks sipping and walking may feel like a full time job but staying hydrated and getting in your Protein will help you heal and feel much better sooner.

I agree with the others - it will get easier! Hang in there!

It will get easier. The first few days are the worst The first couple weeks are challenging. But in a month or two you will feel like a human again. For your Water intake, try getting in one ounce ever 15 minutes that you are awake. Take TINY sips. And try marching in place while sipping. That actually helped me.

Feeling quite a bit better today. I've been able to sip on about 2 oz of Water at a time without the nausea or fullness in the chest. The doc told me last night that I was doing fine with my Water intake even though it wasn't very much. He said the stomach is very swollen the first 24-48 hours which makes it very difficult to drink. Also, he said they gave me 4-5 liters of iv fluids while i was there so he wasn't very worried about me getting dehydrated. All in all, today I feel much better. Pressure is gone, just some soreness at incision sites and super thirsty. I get to go home today and see my baby. So excited but a little scared too. It's hard to explain to an excited two year old that momma's tummy hurts.

@@BlueEyes502 Glad to hear things are going well so far. It really does get noticeably better every single day in the first week or two. And then better still as you move through the food stages. You will be feeling whole and human again in no time!

Congratulations on your surgery. It does get better. It's hard to not get down about the way you feel currently but it will be worth it. I am 8 days out and feel so much better,other than still not being allowed to eat real food yet, but that will come. I'm down 13 lbs so I try to focus on that when frustrated.

Just got mine on monday. .I struggled hard with waking up. I slept all day Monday and the majority of Tuesday. Just got home at noon today

Hated eating or drinking anything

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

Just got mine on monday. .I struggled hard with waking up. I slept all day Monday and the majority of Tuesday. Just got home at noon today

Hated eating or drinking anything

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

All normal. Just hang in there and try to do as much as you can. As counter-intuitive as it sounds, getting up and walking a bit ever hour or two will really help with the fatigue.

Post op day 4. I'm feeling quite a bit better. I'm home now. Seems like I'm feeling better every day. Still sipping on my fluids. Sonic ice goes down easier than anything else. I think I'm probably gonna go get a manicure today and get some groceries for the house. I've already got some recipes I want to try when I start full liquids next week!

Post op day 4. I'm feeling quite a bit better. I'm home now. Seems like I'm feeling better every day. Still sipping on my fluids. Sonic ice goes down easier than anything else. I think I'm probably gonna go get a manicure today and get some groceries for the house. I've already got some recipes I want to try when I start full liquids next week!

I'm so happy your doing well! Make sure you don't over due getting back to normal. Your body is still healing and will need rest.