Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help i might have hurt my Stimson

I got depressed and started just eating and drinking whatever i wanted, how do i know if i hurt my stomach. I have pain, hunger all the time. Doctors office isn't helpful. My depression is getting worse and worse because of my fear

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

Are you taking anything for acid? By 2 weeks post op i was STARVING. All the time. At my 2 week check up they put me on a strong ppi, and within 2 days there was a marked improvement. It's been less than a week on the new med. I get hungry at night. But tums makes it go away, and food does not.

If you believe your stomach is possibly ripped open, your life could be in immediate danger and you should go to the nearest ER. Most people would have fever, sweats, chills, and uncontrollable vomiting in addition to unbearable pain.

If you think maybe you have stretched out your stomach but not ripped it open, you should eat a very careful post-op diet for several days -- small portions of easily digestable, mushy, high Protein food, no liquid calories other than Protein Shakes, no drinking with your meals -- and see if you feel better.

There is no way any of us can diagnose you over the internet -- if you feel like your life or health is in immediate jeopardy, you should seek in-person medical treatment from an emergency facility at once. Good luck to you.

I got depressed and started just eating and drinking whatever i wanted, how do i know if i hurt my stomach. I have pain, hunger all the time. Doctors office isn't helpful. My depression is getting worse and worse because of my fear

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

If you are in physical pain then you need to talk to a physician. As was noted above, we aren't doctors.

What do you mean by: "Doctors office isn't helpful"?

Do you have a therapist?

Once you address the immediate physical problems it would probably be helpful to talk with someone about your depression and why you ate too much.

Therapist hasn't Tyrone my calls in weeks, doctor isn't helpful. They lie and you only get you bloodpressure and weight taken. Tried to talk to them and nothing. The dr is member even there

Deep breath.

Those early weeks are very difficult andif you are as depressed as you sound, you need to get help for that Asap. It is hard to make good decisions when you feel depressed and not supported. Consider calling a mental health hotline for a referral if you dont have a doctor or therapist you trust.

As was mentioned, those early weeks are filled with odd sensations. It is very likely you have excess acid. Most sleevers go on an antacid for the first 2-3 months post op. Your body is still making acid for a fullsize tummy and needs a chance to adapt.

You mention pain, but aren't specific. I imagine every one of us was fearful we had"busted"our sleeve in those early weeks. If you are in severe pain, have a fever or other strong symptoms, go to the ER. Chances are you have NOT damaged your stomach and you need to get on track eating correctly

Do you have an eating plan that is clear? Measure and track everything. Take that antacid - a strong one like nexium or prospect.

Ask away if you have specific questions, and hang in there it does get easier.

I am 4 years post sleeve and very happy with my results. You can be a success too.

A support group isn't bull. This site has been my support group and the source of many tips and ideas. Seek out help.

My surgery was over a year ago. I can't describe the pain other than in my abdominal area and are sometimes sharp. I'm hungry all the time still.

Frankly really wish my stomach would burst so it would end

My surgery was over a year ago. I can't describe the pain other than in my abdominal area and are sometimes sharp. I'm hungry all the time still.

Frankly really wish my stomach would burst so it would end

Called a suicide peeved line acme was on hold for 15 minutes. My life is worthless and the pain and jetting is just proving it

It seems very unlikely that you "ripped your stomach" a year post op. However, it is still not normal to have severe pain. How long has it been painful? What triggers the pain or is it constant? hat needs to be checked because sometimes people develop strictures or other complications that can be fixed. It is hard to understand - have they run any tests, done an endoscopy or anything yet?

Being hungry a year out is most likely either (or both!) Uncontrolled acid or bad eating practices. If you eat crappy, carb laden junk food, it WILL trigger hunger.

I still feel like you need to get your severe depression addressed as it is hard to make good decisions in that state of mind..

Like i said my dr that did the surgery isn't interested in post op help. Tried that several times. So there is no help that way

Then go to your PCP and/or find another surgeon. If you have insurance, see if they can refer you to someone else.