Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all fitness buffs! Newbie here....

Agreed!! They just aren't fans of my turkey obsession everyday. They definitely eat way more fruits and veggies than I do. My youngest is a vegetarian, my oldest will only eat meat 90% of the time and my hubby is a salad before the meat and sides are served type of guy...lol.

Agreed!! They just aren't fans of my turkey obsession everyday. They definitely eat way more fruits and veggies than I do. My youngest is a vegetarian, my oldest will only eat meat 90% of the time and my hubby is a salad before the meat and sides are served type of guy...lol.

Quite a variety of tastes for sure!!

Hint: A dash of gravy Master to ground turkey makes it taste like hamburger meat

Wow!! Gonna try this tonght!! ;) thx!!

Ok so the past two days I didn't change anything with my diet, and tracked everything. This is pretty much what my days look like....985 one day and 570 another :/

post-238442-14564058166868_thumb.jpg

post-238442-14564058304106_thumb.jpg

post-238442-14564058426649_thumb.jpg

post-238442-14564058543585_thumb.jpg

Seriously?

Why aren't you eating?

Have you talked to your NUT lately?

What do your Vitamin level's say?

Eating two meals a day is not healthy period, but especially if you are trying to lose weight, workout, and function.

Please talk with your NUT about what a healthy food plan looks like.

I second all the advice to start some strength training. If you work out at at gym (which I'm guessing you do with Insanity... which is an INSANE program!), then I strongly recommend hooking up with a personal training. It can be expensive, but SO worth it. Also, see what strength classes your gym has. Mine has Body Pump, which I absolutely adore. I do it 3x/week and have muscle definition like I never thought I'd see. It's not the only program out there and it's not for everyone, so test the waters until you find something you like.

@innersurfergirl

I wasn't able to fit it all in a screen shot.

This is seriously me eating when I am hungry.

I had a full work up and Vitamin levels are all great.

I feel fine and function fine.

40 min cardio work kids ect. sleep a perfect 8 hrs.

And drink tons of h20...

Lol. And reading some veteran banders, they sometimes go a full day with eating much less...and I cannot make myself eat...

Edited by funky_monkey800

@@anaxila

Thx for the reply. I'm looking into strength training...just so many dang options. I would like to finish the insanity cource, then possibly move on? Or add strength training with insanity...lol

Apparently I need to talk with the personal trainers!

Hopefully a trainer can help me work this out. Just had this done 2 days ago..I def want to be leaner. I will post an update after the gym tomorrow...for now, time for work!

post-238442-14564154536043_thumb.jpg

@innersurfergirl

I wasn't able to fit it all in a screen shot.

This is seriously me eating when I am hungry.

I had a full work up and Vitamin levels are all great.

I feel fine and function fine.

40 min cardio work kids ect. sleep a perfect 8 hrs.

And drink tons of h20...

Lol. And reading some veteran banders, they sometimes go a full day with eating much less...and I cannot make myself eat...

I saw a previous post of yours where you were talking about only eating a couple of meals a day,

Nutrition is so important.

I can't stress enough that you can work out all day, every day, but it won't matter if you don't get adequate nutrition.

Please talk to a good NUT.

You just may have to suck it up and eat even if you aren't hungry.

The bottom line: if what you are doing isn't working for you then you need to do something else.

To add: how do you get in all of your Protein? What is your Protein target?

Mine is 100 grams a day, with meals of no more than 25-30 grams of protein (and usually less) that means I have to eat at the very least 4 times a day.

Protein Bars, Turkey and Protein shakes...I am for 65 which is what i was told. but I obviously don't hit it everyday. Yours higher because you have the sleeve and I have a band? And age differences factor in?Or is it all the same in the protein part?

Also I have tried to eat...mornings are generally a no go which is why I go for Protein Bars as soon as I can. Dr has told me all of this is normal due to the settling of fluids in my band.

And since what I was doing isn't working which is why I am sticking with insanity...tried it once b4 but dropped out..I feel like I ha e tons of energy now that I am 100lbs down...

Also I will have one of these post workout

post-238442-14564198303871_thumb.jpg

Protein bars, Turkey and Protein shakes...I am for 65 which is what i was told. but I obviously don't hit it everyday. Yours higher because you have the sleeve and I have a band? And age differences factor in?Or is it all the same in the protein part?

65 grams of protein is extremely low, especially if you aren't even reaching that amount every day.

Please talk to a good NUT.