Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Experience with Viibryd post-op?

I am over 2 years post op, and have been maintaining for quite awhile. I have recently felt my old major depressive disorder creeping back in and am looking for an AD. I have heard a lot from my therapist about Viibryd and how she has seen good results with her binge eating disorder clients because it acts as an appetite suppressant. I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with Viibryd?

I am a psychiatric nurse practitioner and prescribe medications and have used Viibryd with lots of my patients. I have never found it to be an appetite suppressant. Some people get some nausea, diarrhea and other GI distress with it, maybe that is part of it. It needs to be taken with food to help with adsorption.

According to the trials about 3% had increased appetite and 2% had increased weight. About 29% had diarrhea. They did not list weight loss as a side effect at all in the research trials. Maybe the diarrhea and nausea is where the "weight loss" comes from that your therapist had noted.

Viibryd is a good medication but not all anti-depressants are created equal and you should see your psychiatric provider to have him or her assess you for the right one.

Starting on page 5 is the side effects.

http://www.allergan.com/assets/pdf/viibryd_pi

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches