Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb 23 Sleevers!

@@Chair1311 I feel your pain. I have a mirena so my periods are very random..... well it just so happened that my body decided to start my period on saturday. Of course I've wanted nothing but chocolate since :/

@@Chair1311 I feel your pain. I have a mirena so my periods are very random..... well it just so happened that my body decided to start my period on saturday. Of course I've wanted nothing but chocolate since :/

And a nice big juicy hamburger! Lol I've done very well not having to take pain meds but today was way different..

I started my period about an hour after I got out of recovery, not great.

I've been off pain meds since thursday. Now I'm struggling with remembering that I've had this surgery. I almost ate a bite of sloppy Joe when I cooked for the family tonight. At the last minute it hit me that I couldn't eat it :/

I know this might me too much information but starting your period only a week after surgery is not fun. Did so well yesterday. Today not so much

Oh don't worry mine is worse. I started day 1 post op. I thought my stomach line had perforated. I was still in the hospital. Lol.....it was so bad. I've been doing so so since then.

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

I know this might me too much information but starting your period only a week after surgery is not fun. Did so well yesterday. Today not so much

Man....that has to be tough! I had a full hystectomy with both ovaries removed 8 weeks ago....so I fortunately don't have that problem....but I do have surgical menopause which is NO fun!

I've been off pain meds since thursday. Now I'm struggling with remembering that I've had this surgery. I almost ate a bite of sloppy Joe when I cooked for the family tonight. At the last minute it hit me that I couldn't eat it :/

I'm still on my meds...tapering down, and plan to be off by Saturday. One incision is really painful, and my go to drug was always Ibuprofen...but we aren't supposed to take that any more.

I remember I had the surgery, it's just hard when I see other people eating. My husband eats pretty healthy, so it's not that bad...but commercials and the grocery store are really hard for me. I really had food cravings today...

Hey Gals, just doing my regular check in. Today was a good day. I decided that I look sick (this surgery is my second in 8 weeks). My skin looked pale and grey, and I had bags. I decided to take a shower, put make-up on, and get dressed (in loose clothes of course). I felt better. I saw my face was thinner, and my dress fit loser, a new pair of panties that didn't fit...fit....and the best part...my bra wasn't cutting of my circulation! That felt good. I also went grocery shopping...I was weak, and it was exhausting...but It felt good to be in the world with other people. I've been recovering for weeks now.

Also, I tried a new way of liquids after getting nasueas forcing it all in too fast. I drank Water, and the other half broth, popsicles, and Jello today. It seemed once I put 32 ounces of Water in a clear measuring cup and sipped....that got half my ounces in..and then when I felt hungry...the other items helped me to feel fuller. I got up to 57 ounces so far, and about to eat to popsicles...making it 60.

I'm so grateful for this site...I feel like I have learned so much, and got so much help. So, I was looking for a new broth, or popsicle type. I found THE best popsicles after a recommendation from here. They are fruit bars (it was on my OK list from my doc), and they taste so much better than my regular popsicles. They are called Outshine *No Sugar added fruit bars in strawberry, Raspberry, & Tangerine (make sure you don't get the regular..the box is close). They are so much more creamy, and they taste better than Popsicle brand. A tad bit more expensive...but soooo worth it! I also bought some broths to try (based on info I found on here). One was called Better Than Bouillon chicken base (you mix it with boiling water)...It wasn't cheap either...$7.50...then I bought ramen and will just use the packet. Not sure how they will taste. We shall see.

I wanted to share these with you and post pics of the items...but, I don't know how.

Hope you all are feeling better and better. :)

Nighty Night!

Edited by Bluesky1

Apparently my hernia was very large. So I'm sure that's what caused alot of my nausea. liquids are going down much easier today and burping is easier and not very painful. I have had to take anti nausea meds since 3am. :) I got out and walked around the grocery store today. I also have managed to get in over 60g if protien. But only about 20oz of Water. How are yall doing on your liquid I takes?

Wow! You're doing great! I hope in the ne t few days, I can get out to the store. I've been trying to keep my fluids up....but i'm probably getting only half lf them. It feels like gurgling, and pressire when I drink...so I try and slow down even more. I mainly have SF Jello, popsicles, Water, and I tried Campblells broth today (I didn't like it).
I bought some Campbell's chicken noodle Soup and have strained out the noodles and chicken. And am just having the "broth" that's left over. It's alot more tasty. I ate 3oz of it yesterday with 1 scoop of unflavored protien powder mixed in. It took me about 30 minutes to finish it though.
I tried the straining method...it sure tasted better, but I think the onion or garlic hurt my stomach. :( So I only drank an ounce. I guess I'll have to try Campbells beef broth (it's in the cupboard) or another type of chicken broth.
My favorite is the Lipton noodle Soup (strained) with a tiny splash of lemon juice. Sooo good!

The gas pain js hurting me too, mostly in my stomach, upper back, shoulder and even my neck hutts (but it always hurts)Gas X Strips not really helping me either, and my tummy hurts too much to walking out doors. I did walk around my house though.

I'm on liquids only and having a tough time getting all the flyifs down, it feels like it gets trapped in my chest and I burp after I eat.

Sent from my 831C using the BariatricPal App

So I only drank an ounce. I guess I'll have to try Campbells beef broth (it's in the cupboard) or another type of chicken broth.< /div>
My favorite is the Lipton noodle Soup (strained) with a tiny splash of lemon juice. Sooo good!

The gas pain js hurting me too, mostly in my stomach, upper back, shoulder and even my neck hutts (but it always hurts)Gas X Strips not really helping me either, and my tummy hurts too much to walking out doors. I did walk around my house though.

I'm on liquids only and having a tough time getting all the flyifs down, it feels like it gets trapped in my chest and I burp after I eat.

Sent from my 831C using the BariatricPal App

Sorry...I don't know how to multi-post...what flavor lipton? Is it onion?

So...in trying my popsicles...I found orange, citrus, and the tangerine hurt my tummy. I sure hope that goes away because I really like citrus (I had to put all those popsicles to the side :(

So, I pushed and pushed to get those liquids in...got to 59 ounces (the most I've had so far), and I feel nauseous for the first time. Too much too fast...I suppose. I'll try again tomorrow. :)

I'm still hovering around 40oz. I need to get on the ball.

I got 65.5 ounces in today with my new method of half Water, half Jello, popsicles, and broth! Yaaaayyy!

I was ok once i was at the Hopsital on IV and their foods like teas and Jello and broth and also icy but now the biggest challenge is trying to continue the same routine that I was on at the hospital I've been drinking so much Water and today i was starving. Even when i drank tea I was still hungry. Trying to drink 2-3 ounces is so hard it was a lot easier in the hospital. Monday they put me on Proteins right now I'm struggling I get light headed and try to walk and keep active but I get tired easily I guess it's cause I'm on this liquid diet

I found it much easier to get the fluids in at the hospital too. At home, I worked really hard yesterday and I was only able to get 41 ounces

Thts a great idea well today i saw my doctor she started me on Protein shakes I have to drink a shake every 2 1/2 hours and it's so hard right now I'm hungry ugh it's so hard. At least I lost 16 pounds. That would have been a struggle for me without the sleeve

16 pounds so far is awesome!! I have lost 12 so far. How about everyone else?

I feel like once I start eating solids I may gain a pound just because there will be food in my stomach but I'm good with that.

Feeling great today and Water and broth is going down so much easier today than in the past. I start work again on Thursday but from home for a week instead of the office. I'm already restless. If I was off any longer I would be working on home repairs and probably hurt myself

Hah funny you say that I'm home myself and I'm literally looking around to see what to do what can k change from the curtains to the color of the walls. Lol I'm going crazy the dr gave me a second week she wants to make sure the Protein Shakes are helping me and that j won't pass out at work. I can't wait to start puree I'm noticing around my stomach that's not only the cuts are healing fast but my stomach has gone down a lot I can't wait to start working out today I woke up less active. I don't know if that's a normal thing but I'm trying to take it easy. I wish I could work from home too

Wow, it seems as though everyone is doing pretty good. We've made it a week folks, nice job!

I was letting my kids cook dinner this weekend and helped. They both wanted me to try what they had made so I took a bite and tasted it then spit it out so I didn't eat it. Good thing they understood that I couldn't eat it and didn't start crying or something!

Today I was feeling pretty good so I went to the store and bought some stuff to make Soups. I can't wait for the purée stage so I made two healthy purée Soups tonight. I had to lick the spoon to make sure it was ok but didn't eat any.

I seem to feel hungry at night. During the day today I didn't really feel hungry at all which was really weird. I had to make myself drink my Protein drink, which never happens! I hope that continues.