Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb 23 Sleevers!

I was ok once i was at the Hopsital on IV and their foods like teas and Jello and broth and also icy but now the biggest challenge is trying to continue the same routine that I was on at the hospital I've been drinking so much Water and today i was starving. Even when i drank tea I was still hungry. Trying to drink 2-3 ounces is so hard it was a lot easier in the hospital. Monday they put me on Proteins right now I'm struggling I get light headed and try to walk and keep active but I get tired easily I guess it's cause I'm on this liquid diet

I found it much easier to get the fluids in at the hospital too. At home, I worked really hard yesterday and I was only able to get 41 ounces of Clear liquids in (I'm not allowed Protein yet). I have been VERY hungry all day.

Maybe try sugar free Jello, sugar free popsicles (this is my favorite), broth, and regular juice diluted with 50% Water?

I also set my alarm on my phone for every 15 minutes for an ounce (1 medicine cup), once that's up...I write it down in my book, and reset for another 15 minutes...drink or eat another cup of jello or liquid....write that down...etc... (Popsicles are two ounces and should be eaten over 30 minutes). This way, I know how much I'm taking in.

Hope that helps!

So I had a bowel movement today. But I had to drink 2 oz of prune juice

I got a little over 40oz of fluids in today. But alot of it came from sugar free popsicles and gatorade.

I'm adding unflavored protien powder to my broths. The unflavored ones are still clear.

I had my hernia fix because that's the only way I could get this surgery done in the states. My surgeon billed my insurance for the hernia repair and then I paid out of pocket for the actual sleeve itself.

SWEET! I was going to ask about BM. I haven't gone since the day before surgery, and I my stomach feels hard. Wasn't sure what to take.

I did about the same as far as fluids go...41 oz (mainly popsicles and Jello...the Jello makes me feel like I'm eating something).

Are you feeling hungry? I'm bummed that I'm hungry...I was hoping that I would wake up and be free of this dreaded hunger that has been with me all my life.

My bmi is low. It was 34 when I started and I have no comorbidities. I would've had to gain 40lbs to have my insurance cover the entire procedure.

I see...I have a lower BMI too. I was just at 35, but I had mild sleep apnea...so insurance approved. I did have to jump through their hoops for 9 months though...not being able to gain (or I would get denied) or lose (I would be denied). I had to really do a lot of not eating..then eating to be approved. I hope it will all be worth it in the end. :)

The hunger can go away once you hit mushies, so don't worry too much yet, it may just be because liquid has no restriction.

So the pain is ok....worse in the am. But I continue to feel pressure in the epigastric region after I swallow something it alleviates after a few seconds. Small sips of Water is still a little difficult. But sugar free slurpies......are great. I eat it with a spoon. And it's easy to get down. My youngest son brought me one yesterday since I was having such a difficult time.

The first day was horrid. Could not get my pain under control! After that I have been walking around and consuming a majority of the liquids required... Until today. I'm a super nauseous, can't stand the smell of the shakes any longer, and super tired. Hopefully it's just a bad day.

How is every one on hunger? I am HUNgry. I was hoping I would wake up from surgery and be hunger free. Haven't happened yet.

I was fine with hunger until this morning. The family wanted to go out for an early dinner. And I tried to have some Soup but it turns out it's to much for my tiny tummy. I got some cramping so that's off the menu. I've heard that it gets better after we are off liquids too.

Hopefully this next week passes quickly for us. I'd kill for some mashed potatoes. But I don't think my tummy can handle it.

Plain Greek yogurt Protein infused is good. Dannon Oikos......but Water and shake still more difficult

So the pain is ok....worse in the am. But I continue to feel pressure in the epigastric region after I swallow something it alleviates after a few seconds. Small sips of Water is still a little difficult. But sugar free slurpies......are great. I eat it with a spoon. And it's easy to get down. My youngest son brought me one yesterday since I was having such a difficult time.

One thing that helped me with swallowing Water is just breathing out fully just before swallowing it. Might help!

One thing that helped me with swallowing Water is just breathing out fully just before swallowing it. Might help!

I started doing this a few days ago. I thought it was just me!

I was ok once i was at the Hopsital on IV and their foods like teas and Jello and broth and also icy but now the biggest challenge is trying to continue the same routine that I was on at the hospital I've been drinking so much Water and today i was starving. Even when i drank tea I was still hungry. Trying to drink 2-3 ounces is so hard it was a lot easier in the hospital. Monday they put me on Proteins right now I'm struggling I get light headed and try to walk and keep active but I get tired easily I guess it's cause I'm on this liquid diet

I found it much easier to get the fluids in at the hospital too. At home, I worked really hard yesterday and I was only able to get 41 ounces

Thts a great idea well today i saw my doctor she started me on Protein shakes I have to drink a shake every 2 1/2 hours and it's so hard right now I'm hungry ugh it's so hard. At least I lost 16 pounds. That would have been a struggle for me without the sleeve

I found it much easier to get the fluids in at the hospital too. At home, I worked really hard yesterday and I was only able to get 41 ounces

Thts a great idea well today i saw my doctor she started me on Protein shakes I have to drink a shake every 2 1/2 hours and it's so hard right now I'm hungry ugh it's so hard. At least I lost 16 pounds. That would have been a struggle for me without the sleeve

16 pounds so far is awesome!! I have lost 12 so far. How about everyone else?

I feel like once I start eating solids I may gain a pound just because there will be food in my stomach but I'm good with that.

Feeling great today and Water and broth is going down so much easier today than in the past. I start work again on Thursday but from home for a week instead of the office. I'm already restless. If I was off any longer I would be working on home repairs and probably hurt myself.