Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hawaii pre & post bansters

Good job Lisa. It was great talking with you last night. Hope all goes well with your test. Looking forward to seeing you again on the 28th. Also looking forward to seeing you others as well, Lisa and Kathleen.

ok, got most of the appts out of the way. Called PT today and told them i was okay with the knee and she called me back in and cleared me to go to Cindy. She cancelled this yesterday. Got my Protein Shakes today, thanks Bev.. I like the chocolate carmel from GNC, but its sweet... I have a bad head cold to top things off.. sinuses are killing me.. aloha for now..

miriam/lisa

hello everyone... its 1 week and 1 day. yesterday i felt hungry for the first time. I have some issues with the Protein or something.. Mary gave me the ok to switch from clear to shakes on tuesday so of course i went righ to it! I made it with fat free milk and oh man i had major tummy / toilet issues all day. so on wednesday i tried again with Water instead of milk and agiin, it was tummy / toilet issues. today i started back at work so i went back to clear and tummy is ok. the thing is b4 i got banded i tried the protein with water and i was fine... so i really dont know. i will try again with water on sat. if it doesnt do well, i have 2 containers choc. caramel and banana plus a bag of cookie and creme that i dont have a reciet for!!! i called GNC and they said they can give me store credit... so i guess thats better then nothing ... ona nother note, i am hungey and feel like i can eat - mary said i can have clam chowder but blended... well i ate some tonight but i didnt blend it. i didnt eat the clams, too chewy.. and i ate maybe 10 of the little potatoes.. i wa sok so i feel like i can eat!!

anywasy see you all on the 28th -- shall we just meet t castle or the mall, same place as last time? i would offer up my house, but i got 4 kids and a dog = mess!!! LOL

thanks,

lisa

Hey lisa, I had the same problem right after surgery, so I just took some imodium when I had the milk, Doc, Fowler said it was OK, and then I was better later. So chin up, it will be better, maybe try a different Protein Powder? ?? I find that the GNC ones are too sweet for me since after my surgery. I am looking forward to seeing all of you, I think I will just hang at Castle till I meet up with someone, then decide from there since I have the first appt. Keep up the awesome work ladies, Miriam, I hope you feel better.

Until I see you guys,

bev

Aloha gals and good morning! It is great to catch up, I am back "in the loop." I have two other bandsters that I have met through this jouney...patients of Dr. Fowlers that i will invite too, OK? One was my roommate during surgery which is a great story, it was an accident. The other is a woman that Jennifer gave her name to contact when I was trying to figure out whether I wanted the band or gastric bypass. I ended up meeting this gal and she was very helpful. Anyways, it sounds like everyone is doing great!!! Lisa, hang in there with all the toilet issues, I still dont fee quite right in that area. My left shoulder still hurts sometimes which apparently is gas.

I have not read anybody describing vomitting yet. I have 3 times so far and that is really a bizarre thing. That whole "hair ball, losing breath, not going down experience." My other scary thing is twice I have had what i would consider 2 "healthy binges." Meaning I overate...I ate a pound of poke on two occassions. I am thrilled I have not cheated on sweets, binged like I used too. I have been so dedicated to being healthy, but I have been concerned that I ate that much. I am toying with an idea of a fill. Have any of you had a fill? I think if I just re-group and stick with my Protein, 5 small meals and not panic here I will be fine. I am excited about my apt. with fowler on the 28th and to see all of you beautiful ladies.

aloha ladies, kathleen

Shoots, i typed this long post and i don't know where it went.. But please invite those ladies, the more the merrier. Im stuggling with a head cold, knee pain, and hip pain. I am suppose to see Cindy on Monday and i dont know how that's gonna go. They(team) tried to delay things for me.. but so far im moving ahead...

WOW, Kathleen, did you get sick? Dr. Fowler told me that we shouldn't have any raw fish for 5 months after surgery. Something about getting sick???? Did you eat raw fish? in your poke?? What time is everyones appt. I am still trying to coordinate my appt time and meeting up with everyone else. Can all of you post your appt times for me. Mine is at 1:15. I am doing great, back at the gym in full force, on regular foods, and hopefully losing weight on track. lost 15 lbs since surgery, would like to lose more though. Any thoughts?? anybody??

See you guys on the 28th...aloha...bev

Hi, my name is Paula and I was banded on 12/07/04 by Dr. Brandt Lapschies. I initially lost about 70 lbs., but have since gained back almost 25 lb., but I have never been sorry for getting banded. I have had no complications, and I have had only 1 fill 2 years ago. Although I've gained some weight back, I am healthier than I have ever been.

I live in Kaneohe and on weekends I like to walk, but prefer to walk with someone. If you guys would like to get together it would be great. I don't know anyone who has a lap band. I've corresponded with a few people on OH.com, but I have never met another person with a band, they are all RNY.

Aloha, Paula

well paula you are in luck, because there are a few people that have had it done in your neck of the woods, One is Lisa_hawaii, she is here on this site, and then there is castlegirl, I think she lives in Kaneohe also. Look them up. I think we are meeting this friday at Castle or somewhere. I live on Kauai, but would love to keep in touch also. I have a friend who had a vertical sleeve done by Dr. Lapshies, and she had some major complications, but doing well now. Until we chat again. Good Luck, maybe we will see you sometime.

Aloha Paula,

Nice to meet you. Pull up a chair and join us. Most of us are meeting at castle on the 28th? Are you available??

My appt is still at 3pm on Friday with Fowler. I had a pre op appt with Mary and met Cindy today. I have a appt with Dr Lovette on Wednesday and I should be all done with my appts. Except I must do a preop with Jennifer on the 1st. Im down nearly 10lbs. I havent done this strict pre op others describe on this site, Jennifer hasnt told me anything...??

Mes

Hi ladies,

Im off to my psych appt. Its my last one with the team. I am doing well with my transition diet but not getting enough rest. Im so beat. Baby will be 10 months on Monday. She is waking up 4x a night. I had to excercise this morning but only did a bit. Im sooo out of it...

miriam

I have 2 extra 24 hour passes for $24 per month with a one time $48 sign up fee.

I am looking for someone who wants to join me in going to 24 hr fitness either 5:30 - 6am or after 8pm. I have NEVER been part of a gym before and I really want to join - but I am the type of person who needs a partner for accountability or I will not go.

I am looking at attending the Kaneohe 24hr fitness ctr at Windward City.

Please let me know if there is anyone interested or if anyone knows anyone who would be interested????

Thanks,

Lisa

Hi, actually I am off on Friday, Sept. 28. I would like to meet you guys. Let me know where and when and I will see if I can make it.

Thanks, Paula