Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you get enough fiber to help with elimination?

I put a couple teaspoons of Benefiber (the powder) in my morning shake. I've done this since the start. It's pretty much tasteless and seems to do the trick. Don't use too much or you'll go to the other extreme...

Bruce

I eat it.

My typical day might be oatmeal or muesli with some sliced banana for Breakfast, half a tuna and salad sandwich (on one slice multigrain bread) for lunch, a piece of fruit or even two during the afternoon and maybe a small piece of Protein (chicken, fish, red meat) with some mashed potato and steamed veg for dinner.

I also run a lot and consume a fair bit of Water. I've never had any Constipation problems at all.

I do either oatmeal for Breakfast, or add granola to yogurt. I also try to eat fresh fruit daily. I also do whole grain bread, or crackers---I like the crackers, with cheese though, that may go against what you are working towards!!!! I also eat a lot of nuts---almonds or mixed nuts, low sodium.

Keeping my water/fluid intake up is what matter with my regularity....I have to drink enough!

Kat

I do a high-protein shake for Breakfast every morning and have started adding 1/3 cub All-Bran Bran Buds Cereal to it. I usually measure out the cereal and soak it in Water for about 30 minutes so it will blend better in the blender with the shake. It has done the trick for me. My shake ingredients are: 1 scoop Lean Protein Powder (whey protein), 12 oz water, 3 ice cubes crushed, 1-2 Tsp splenda, 1/2 small pkg sugar-free Jello powder (for flavor) 1/4 cup frozen strawberries along with the softened bran buds. Blend in blender and chill. Yummy! Gets my Protein and Fiber in early while still being low fat, low carb!

I have always had troubles "going" but after being banded I was going 2 weeks or more without "going".

I have tried lots of things, some work some dont.

For the last few weeks I have been taking the fruit and nut mix to work to pick at...about 2 days after I started that I started "going".

I couldnt believe it.

Sultanas, raisons, almonds, walnuts, unsalted raw nuts, apricot and a few other bits and pieces have made a huge difference.

Give it a go!

KM- after surgery, I think it was 2 weeks before I had a bowel movement.. and it was induced by Prune Juice!! I was so worried that nothing was going out, so I drank 1/2 bottle of prune juice and it solved it. They were still sporatic for a while.

Liquid diets don't do a whole lot for making you have to go.

As for fiber, I have the benefiber powder.. which I am so skeptical, I've used it in Water and you don't taste or see it, but I keep thinking it'll make something taste nasty, so I rely on the tablets. They have fiber tablets (benefiber), I take 2 a day..they also say something about promoting weight loss or curbing cravings, whatever silly thing they're pushing right now. But the times I've used the powder, it is without incident, I just had a run in with some 'tasteless-textureless' Protein powder.. which was a lie, and I keep thinking about that when I pour benefiber powder into something.