Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help in losing 10 pounds in 6 days

I'm frustrated big time with my primary insurance, they approved my band removal but denied my RNY. My secondary has approved both. My surgery is scheduled for February 9th. My doctor told me to maintain weight and not to lose but my primary said the one requirement was I had to lose 5 percent of weight plus 6 months, so I have until Thursday morning to lose 10 pounds to have surgery approved. My doctor put me on 5 Atkins blue label only or EAS carb control. Does anyone know of other ways that might help. I can't eat any food and have to drink 96 oz of Water a day. Any help would really be appreciated.

Exercise your butt off!!! Good luck to you.

Thanks, that what my hubby said too, he's helping. He said we go out and trim trees on our property, so guess today I'll be loading branches with him all day for some extra push before the treadmill... YEAH

you could try to liquid diet that many people go on before surgery - basically 2-3 shakes, a LOT of Water, low sodium broth, tea, Jello, etc. I lost ten pounds in a week without even trying and without exercise by doing that. Good luck to you!

If you drink 60oz of Water or over every day until the day before and eat a very very Minimal low sodium diet you may even lose more. You may feel awful at first with hunger pains but in my desperate times before appointments I would do this. You lose all water weight. It's what wrestlers and bodybuilders do before big matches so they can go down a weight category and be the biggest one. Also sweating it out may help

Edited by ad5707

It's true...the higher the Water intake, the greater the weight loss. Good luck with everything!

Thanks everyone, that is exactly what the surgeon said, 5 Protein Shakes, no food at all and 96 oz Water daily, OMG is this hard, only my second day but it'll all me worth it, this is probably helping me getting ready for surgery too. Thanks for the support.

Remember: Water is your friend. Water plays a vital role not only during this 6 day period, but post op as well.

Edited by jj7481

Tape a note of your short term goal on the fridge and the front door. You can endure almost anything for a few days if you focus on your goal.

Good idea, I had a weak moment earlier, I have drank 100 oz of Water and 4 shakes but I ate a 5 calorie 1/2 a pickle and I feel like a heel. I taped the note, thanks