Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all February 1st Sleevers!

@@prettyCali916

Hey girl, been reading thru, I see you are doing awesome! I did get to move to protien shakes yesterday. I can say that Syntrax Nectar in chocolate truffle is amazing! I mixed it with 8oz of almond milk and it was so delish. Absolutely zero aftertaste and mixed so smooth. I already ordered a second container (don't want to risk running out of this one). It was good with Water but amazing with almond milk! And I get to add some egg to my broth this week, that's gonna be great too. You girls have me worried about leaks now, I hadn't even thought about that until now...????

Aw glad you're doing good and glad you got to switch!!!! I'm so glad you like that protein! Now I need to order the chocolate truffle too - all I got was plain! And I'm not even allowed to have almond milk OR egg! Only 2oz of skim milk and all the other clears and Protein Shakes. Until next week. How does your hernia repair feel when you swallow? Mine hurts unless it's warm liquid. :( so sad.

Hello all My surgery was 2/1 ... I'm 43 and 5'8. My sw 276 and my goal is 150.

I had surgery on Monday and got released on wed.

I went back to work today. Went better thank I expected.

Edited by mryjo73

Has anyone returned to work yet? Just curious, I've been back since Friday and tonight is my last night until next weekend. But I feel like going back to work soon was helpful for my recovery. I never told my job about the surgery, neither did I tell my doctor about my plans to return. I feel great now, I felt like the bed and recliner was keeping me "in pain"...

I'm back at work today and really surprised how well it went.

Hey y'all about how many calories are you getting in? I'm tracking with my fitness pal and I'm barely averaging at 300! My dietician said 600 should be my number for a while now but dang I'm not even close. Anyone else? How are losses affected by lower cals - I know it can't be that good long term. She says low numbers are fine now - hopefully next week when I can eat fish and eggs I'll do more. :)

@@prettyCali916

Aww, well it probably is delish with slim as well. eggs in the broth have been a saving grace. It is Amazing how all the doctors have such different diets. For calories, I'm only getting around 300 as well. I'll be able to get more next week during my soft phase.

@@prettyCali916 I'm struggling with food & Water. Not even close to any goals. Just trying to figure out how to get it all in. Every day is a new day...and I start over again

That's exactly how i feel! I had a routine and a good plan where I was at least getting 350 in but once I got back to work it kinda dropped. But you said it perfectly - every day is a new day...

@@prettyCali916 I'm getting between 400 and 500 calories. Besides a Protein drink I'm blending Soup. Only 2oz. But chicken tortilla soup. I take out the big stuff and puree the rest. And have it twice a day.

That sounds good! Could you send me your chicken tortilla soup recipe? Mine is too heavy on carbs!! I need something new!

@@prettyCali916

Aww, well it probably is delish with slim as well. eggs in the broth have been a saving grace. It is Amazing how all the doctors have such different diets. For calories, I'm only getting around 300 as well. I'll be able to get more next week during my soft phase.

What I would give to have eggs. And yeah it is amazing how they have such varying diets.

I was reading where some people get to have received Beans and low fat cheese mixed up and mashed potatoes. Mine explicitly says NO retried beans and NO mashed potatoes. It even says NO fruit juice or NO vegetable juice. Sheesh!

I am having a hard time getting in calories and Protein as well so I omitted Breakfast and just have a Premier Protein. It takes me about 90 minutes to finish it. If anyone there has Trader Joe's they have some fantastic Soups that are completely puréed and you don't even need to strain them. I bought a corn chowder that was fantastic it comes in a box and also a Tomato roasted red pepper.

Is anyone having a hard time drinking or "eating" (soup). Like i can keep it down but i can not for the life of me want to drink anything. I keep going hours without anything and i know its bad but i cant bring myself to do it

Edited by prettyCali916

Is anyone having a hard time drinking or "eating" (soup). Like i can keep it down but i can not for the life of me want to drink anything. I keep going hours without anything and i know its bad but i cant bring myself to do it

You mean drinking versus eating with a spoon? I've been eating mine with a spoon no problem.

Is it swallowing anything? I forgot - did you have a hernia repair? If so try something really warm or freezing like a Popsicle. Plus you should've been prescribed Levsin which makes it easier to swallow for a little while.

If that's not why - have you called your dietician?

Hi Everyone, glad to hear some people are having some of the same issues I'm having. I'm also having a hard time swallowing especially cold shakes. It's kind of frustrating because the shakes have the most Protein and it's hard for me to drink. I know I'm not getting all of the calories and protein I need. I've lost about 18 lbs since my original weight. I go to my post op tomorrow hopefully I get cleared to move on to soft foods.