Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone I'm Cherie. I am going for my band tomorrow 8/1 and I'm so excited I can't wait to be able to run with my kids and actually keep up and not be out of breathe so easily.

I'm new just tonite to this site. Hope I'm doing things correctly! I'm not much of a computer chatter!

I had my LB on 7/19/07. I'm doing okay but I have questions about what exactly I can eat at this point.....will see Dr. Collier/Conroe, Texas tomorrow......should clarify things then. I started on a Protein drink 2 1/2 weeks before the surger & lost 11 lbs. I think I'm down another 9 since the 19th. I really want to eat some mexican food and pizza!

I am sorry cyndet but don't look forward to eating pizza anytime soon! It is a no no for most bandsters. I do take the stuff off pizza and eat it. As for mexican it is ok for me. And the refried Beans are so good for you! :) Good luck!

Sybiritic.. Congrats to you! How are things progressing? I was banded yesterday although I am sore I am happy with the decision to do this.

How long were you on 1 oz of Clear liquids every 20 mins before you increased it or went to non-clear?

Hi Blue-Eyed......Congrats.....I was on sips of Water for the first 24 hours......now I'm on day three (of four) of clear fluids only (breakfast: 1/2 cup pure juice, 1/2 Pediolite, 1/4 cup Jello lunch and Dinner: 1/2 cup pure juice, 1/2 Pediolite, 1/4 cup jello plus 1/4 cup of broth. After four day of this I switch to full fluids for 10 days (yogurt, Protein Shake, strained Soup etc.).....then 14 days of pureed food....then slowly onto solids......surprisingly I feel full......I guess I'm healing......

Thanks for the input I really am confused about what and how I should be eating and/or drinking.. today is my second day I had 1 oz of Protein Shake this morning.. then 20 mins later the same thing.. then stuck with Water until lunch.. then did 1 oz of Jello and waited a half of an hour to have water.. for dinner I did 1 oz of yogurt and then waited 1/2 an hour again for water... am I right?

Hi Blue Eyes......we're most likely following a different plan from our doctors......My first day I only had small sips of water.....I was on sips of Water for the first 24 hours......like my post said....I can only have Protein Shake or yogurt on day five.......right now just juice, pediolite, Jello and broth......plus 1.5 litres of water per day.....sipping throughout the day......lots of people do it slightly different on here depending on their doctor.....I figure since I'm self pay....I'm going to listen to exactly what my doc tells me to do......(for once! ha! ha!).....did you do a pre-op fast of any kind? I had to do a 10 day pre-op and lost 8lbs......

Hi Sybaritic!

I guess you are right we are on two different plans. I wish I could figure out exactly what I was supposed to be doing and if I was doing it right. I guess I will call the doctor today to find out.

How much of the Jello, broth etc. are you able to have at a time?

I did have to do a pre-op liquid diet I lost 5 lbs while I did it. It was for two weeks before the surgery.

Blue Eyed: Yes....I agree.....it's important to know exactly what you should be doing.....especially during the healing stage since you don't want to over do it.....

I'm allowed 1/4 cup of Jello and 1/4 of broth.......and for some bizarre reason I feel full afterwards..........I also am addind a liquid Vitamin to my juice.......

Where are you from? I'm from Toronto?

We are all different - and hope I remember that down the road when weightloss has slowed down :) I was banded on the 23 of July and have not had any problems at all. I did have gas with shoulder pain one day that wasn't very pleasant.

The 10 day Optifast before surgery I lost 8 # but had them back when I came from the hospital. I have since lost those again with another 7 # for a total of 15 since starting and 20 since my highest!

Lets just keep it up!

:whoo:

Hi all,

I'm getting banded on Aug. 6, and I've noticed that people have different post-op diets. Is there any real advantage to sticking to Clear liquids after, or does it really matter? Some people seem to be on to full liquids immediately with no problems. I am so worried about doing this *right*, you know? I just want to heal as quickly and properly as possible so I can feel better.

Thanks for any input,

Cat

Hi everyone!

Okay I called my doctor yesterday and this is what I was told.. I can drink fluids in small sips but I can have as much as I want without vomiting so I started with a 6 oz cup and I keep it with me and drink as needed without taking full mouthfuls... although last night I lost myself and took a huge drink of Diet tea and my God did I pay for it my stomach hurt for almost a half of an hour. I learned my lesson.

He also said I can eat anything mushy like cream Soups, Jello, scrambled eggs etc. He told me a bowl of cream Soup but I am not up to that I had 1/4 cup and felt full last night. This morning I drank 6 ozs of Protein shake then waited 1/2 an hour and had a 1/4 cup of scrambled eggs but I could only eat half of that and I feel satisfied. I'm happy with that.. I also noticed that since I had the Soup last night and the eggs today I am feeling a bit better. Could be a coincedence I'm not sure but I do feel better.

Sybaritic -- I think I am going to stick to your plan.. 1/4 cup seems more than enough to me at this point. I don't want to overdue it and feel horrible thanks for the input.

SD Chick -- I haven't weighed myself yet I think I will do it later today I'm anxious to see what if anything I lost.. I'll let you know.

And last but not least.. Home with 6 kids -- God bless you first of all... I have a hard time handling two.. lol. I want to wish you the best of luck on the 6th.. make sure you let us know how things are going.. you'll do great!!!!:clap2:

And last but not least.. Home with 6 kids -- God bless you first of all... I have a hard time handling two.. lol. I want to wish you the best of luck on the 6th.. make sure you let us know how things are going.. you'll do great!!!!:clap2:

BlueEyed,

Silly girl! It doesn't matter how many you have - they gang up on you anyway! I think ANY number of kids is hard work. Maybe harder when you only have 2. Mine play with each other and bug me less. :biggrin1:

Thanks for your post... I am thinking I can do this. I'll remember to stick to little bits of anything to see how it goes. Kind of nervous and a lot excited.

I went out and got whey Protein powder today. I didn't know what kind to get, so I got the standard GNC vanilla stuff. Maybe I'll branch out later when I get the hang of this. I did the HMR shake diet for 15 weeks, and I really liked those, but my surgeon said they actually have a lot of carbs per serving and the whey powder is better. :) I'm assuming he knows what he's talking about. I think I'll be sticking to that and Better Than Boullion for a while. I'm a bit chicken about feeling sick if I don't have to!

Thanks again!

I just received my band on 8/3/07. I'm home and on my last day of Clear Liquids. I am experiencing pain and still on pain meds. Also, I feel weak from not having any calories and I haven't pooped yet. But overall I feel pretty good. I'm just following directions and am excited about started on phase 2, full liquids.

How are you feeling? Are you still in pain? How is full liquids? Have you pooped yet?

Ellen

Been siz days for me......first 4 days on clear fluids and past 2 days on full fluids....I was feeling quite week and then started taking a liquid multi Vitamin three times a day (from health food store) and WOW.....what a difference.......Took me a few days to poop......I had a 1/4 cup of prune juice and mixed my liquid vitamin inside it 3 times per day.......I'm feeling pretty darn good......I am a tad emotional.....and I know that's me learning to live without large amounts of food.....it's so strange not to be snacking.....or having big meals.......amzing how I was relying on food to medicate my feelings....whether glad or sad.........thank gawd my hubby is being amazingly supportive..........