Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

please share the microwave in a cup protein recipe

Thanks for the help!! I appreciate it. I'll try Bed Bath and Beyond as well as Amazon.< /p>

@@Stevehud I have never tried matrix because I don't like powdered Protein generally. I am using up some vanilla bean syntax in my experiment. Where do you buy matrix and is it also uber low carb?

the matrix is very very low carb but not carb free it has 6 grams of carbs per scoop/serving.

second try didn't taste much better, but very Syntrax nectar powder is low cal, low carb but was never filling to me as a drink (well, not since I was a baby sleever!). as a cupcake, it is filling so I found a way to use it up. Maybe after that i will buy a different brand to see if the flavor improves any....

you really have to try the matrix, i think it works much better because of the fact is is a timed release Protein and has some egg albumen in the powder i think that egg is what adds the flavor. i highly recommend the Cookies and creme. what i would do if you have a Vitamin shoppe near you they have it regularly for like 22 to 24 bucks for a two pound tub, get it, and if you dont like it bring it back, the Vitamin Shoppe always takes the stuff back and lets you exchange it for something youll use. i did that when i tried the Syntrax Nectar double stuffed cookie instead of matrix Cookies and creme and it turned to a brick... i contacted Syntrax and they said it was due to the formula being so different.

OMG! Just tried this exact recipe and it was AWESOME!

I don't use non dairy Creamer so I used fairlife milk and a splash of half and half. With the mint cookie Syntrax.

Wow!!! I'm totally abandoning my other Mug Cake recipe for this bc it's so simple.

I did it in a little glass ramekin I have. Now I want a splash of SF whip cream to go with it next time post-194772-14529059517287_thumb.jpg

Thanks!

I haven't had my surgery yet, but came upon this posting and these Protein cakes sound wonderful. Thanks so much for posting them. However I have a question

How many months out from your surgeries were you when you started eating these? Also my Dr tells me no snacking is allowed yet I am reading (maybe not in this post but others) that most folks can't get enough Protein without snacking. Are you all doing a lot of snacking or is this a meal for you?

During weight loss phase I ate 4-5 mini meals...no "snacking" but ate Protein and ideally veggies every 3 hours

So I just made my pumpkin spice Mug Cake delicious!! One other psoter mentioned she used sugar free pudding mix so I put in a little of that, I use Syntrax Nectar Protein powders which are delicious, baking powder, 1/4 cup canned pumpkin, lots of spices and I use coconut milk to moisten. The pudding mix made it much softer that making a cake without it. Will definitely use it again.

I've made before as well. Gotta find what works well and what you like. I found a recipe using Cassein Protein powder but have used others and added PB2 as well.

Spray coffee mug with nonstick

2Tbs coconut flour
1Tbs Casein Protein Powder
1/2 Tbs unsweetened cocoa
1Tbs Truvia/Stevia (granulated)
1/4 t baking powder

Mix in
1 egg white
1Tbs Greek yogurt
2-3 Tbs almond milk till you have a thick batter
Cover with plastic wrap
Microwave 45 sec
Check to see not overflowing
Microwave another 45 sec

For topping
1Tbs Unsweetened Cocoa
2-3 Truvia
Almond Milk
Optional strawberries

post-268368-14529646518845_thumb.jpg

Edited by IrishGermanRN

I went to my nearest Vitamin shoppe and they said the Cookies and cream is being phased out. they had chocolate and vanilla...

I looked for other brands with that similar ingredient - the egg, the slow and fast release but decided to buy the chocolate matrix.

I had it for lunch and it tasted WAY better than the first two tries, but I think I want to get some P2B or something. The most incredible thing is how filing these are!! Way more than the thin Syntrax nectar which always leaves me hungry.

Even after all these years - many new tricks to learn. Thank you SteveHud and others. I am traveling to Mexico, did not want to check bags and so can't take my liquid premier protien and now I have a viable alternative!

I went to my nearest Vitamin shoppe and they said the Cookies and cream is being phased out. they had chocolate and vanilla...

I looked for other brands with that similar ingredient - the egg, the slow and fast release but decided to buy the chocolate matrix.

I had it for lunch and it tasted WAY better than the first two tries, but I think I want to get some P2B or something. The most incredible thing is how filing these are!! Way more than the thin Syntrax nectar which always leaves me hungry.

Even after all these years - many new tricks to learn. Thank you SteveHud and others. I am traveling to Mexico, did not want to check bags and so can't take my liquid premier protien and now I have a viable alternative!

Try the Peanut Butter cookie Matrix!!! It's my favorite ever Protein powder.

I might need to.mail order as they just had chocolate and vanilla on the shelf.

Yeah I usually get mine from Amazon

Doesn't microwaving the Protein and heating it kill the protein? Like most high quality Proteins are processed at low heat to keep the protein integrity.

so i have contact my contact, lol at Syntrax, si03 to be exact, to confirm that the Cookies and creme flavor is being phased out. I will post the answer for all to see when i have it. if its true im picking up a few 5lb bags immediately. I will buy the Peanut Butter very soon as well, if its as good as the mint cookie and the cookies and creme and the chocolate then i cant wait for it. im still leary about the banana though although if it works it would be like banana bread pudding kind of thing, which would rock. Im going to make a making the mugcake video tomorrow morning and I will post it right after.