Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

please share the microwave in a cup protein recipe

My first attempt smelled wonderful but didn't taste so great. I will continue to experiment.

sugar free Syrup is like the da Vinci coffee flavorings, but there are other ways to sweeten too.

@@Stevehud I have never tried matrix because I don't like powdered Protein generally. I am using up some vanilla bean syntax in my experiment. Where do you buy matrix and is it also uber low carb?

Just came across this and I am a regular Protein cake eater! Matter of fact, that is the only way I use the Protein Powder now. I don't like to drink it for some reason. I don't measure anything though, I go only by texture and I also only do it for 20 seconds. It comes out like a lava cake. My personal favorite is as follows:

ProtiZyme - Peanut Butter Cookie 1 scoop

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/metabolic-nutrition-protizyme-peanut-butter-cookie-2-lb-powder/9m-1005

spoonful all natural Peanut Butter

Dip a fork in baking soda and only what stays on the fork tines goes in. (I don't want it airy.)

Hazelnut Creamer. Just enough to make batter. Since I don't measure the peanut butter it's a trial and error thing at first. Now I can do it just about perfect each time.

Stir all of that together in a coffee cup so that it is a thick batter. Like a brownie more than a cake.

Microwave for 20-ish seconds. Comes out cake like on top and gooey inside.

If I don't make that one, I almost exclusively use Gold Standard powders and they all taste great. Just change the creamer for whatever I think will pair with it best. I only use the peanut better in the recipe above though.

I make a paleo Mug Cake occasionally if I need something warm and sweet. It honestly tastes like banana nut bread:

1 browning banana mashed

1 egg

1 tbsp almond butter (or any nut butter)

1 tbsp almond meal

Mix, put plastic wrap over cup, poke a hole and microwave for 3 minutes. Delish.

I've also made it the same way above but with Protein powder instead of almond meal and add a bit of almond milk, vanilla and baking powder. They are both really yummy.

Where do you buy sugar free Syrup? Can someone post a link? Maybe from Amazon?

Thanks

You should be able to find it at any grocery store. If you are looking for sugar free maple syrup, it's in the aisle with the pancakes. Torani syrup is in the coffee aisle. I know that Meijer, Kroger, and Walmart all stock them.

My grocery store does not carry Torani or anything like that. I finally found some at a Target but I don't get there very often.

When you all say you use the sugar free syrups in these recipes, are you using any particular flavor? Sorry to be so dense! THese are new to me.

Where do you buy sugar free Syrup? Can someone post a link? Maybe from Amazon?

Thanks

i buy it fromany of the local supermakrets best brand is cary's lemme get the link for ya.

http://www.amazon.com/Carys-Sugar-Free-Syrup-24/dp/B00061B2GE/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1452889280&sr=8-1&keywords=cary%27s+sugar+free+syrup

@@esskay77 - The sugar-free Torani syrups can be purchased at World Market/Cost Plus (about $7.99 in my area), and Bed, Bath, and Beyond carry the Skinny Girl brand ($4.99 my area) which are cheaper than the Torani, but tastes the same to me. I use both brands and have also used the DaVinci brand as well. My favorites are SF vanilla and SF Caramel which I use in my morning coffee. I've also used SF Black Cherry along with vanilla Protein powder in shakes. You can also stop by a local Starbucks and they will sell you a bottle of their brand; last time I checked they were $7.99 or thereabouts depending on the flavor. You could also check with other local coffee shops if you can't find another retailer who carries the syrups. You can also purchase these syrups on Amazon.< /p>

When it comes to SF maple Syrup, my husband prefers the SF Mrs. Butterworth's. It doesn't come out of the bottle looking like snot. :)

Search issue.....if your query has more than one word, put quotes around it. I typed in "Protein Cakes" and got two results, one was this thread. But did you notice that "Protein cakes" is not in the topic, but was in the content. Also make sure you check that little drop down menu just left of the search symbol. If it is not set to FORUMS, you will not get as productive a search. This function is such a crapshoot.

I just finished a 45 minute Zumba workout and came into the kitchen for a Protein snack. So, I tried this recipe with a variation. I used vanilla Protein Powder, 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda, 4 tablespoons of milk, and 1/4 of a sugar free vanilla pudding packet. 45 seconds gave me a fluffy cupcake that smelled awesome.

I have some low cal whip cream but decided to try making a frosting with some coconut oil that I recently purchased. I melted it and mixed it with the rest of the pudding powder. OMG! I will do this more often. Next time I am going to use coconut oil in place of the Syrup.< /p>

My first attempt smelled wonderful but didn't taste so great. I will continue to experiment.

sugar free Syrup is like the da Vinci coffee flavorings, but there are other ways to sweeten too.

Matrix is my favorite! It can be gritty as a shake but that's what makes it work well for these (my recepie is slightly different and includes an egg but I'm gonna try this one!)

It's low carb, but not as low as Isopure. Its 2-6g per school depending on the flavor and I get mine at Vitamin Shoppe or off Amazon!

The best place I've found for the Torani syrups is Smart and Final but I believe it's a chain only in CA. A bottle is $5.99 but if you buy six or more at a time it's $3.99! They carry at least a dozen sugar free varieties

second try didn't taste much better, but very Syntrax nectar powder is low cal, low carb but was never filling to me as a drink (well, not since I was a baby sleever!). as a cupcake, it is filling so I found a way to use it up. Maybe after that i will buy a different brand to see if the flavor improves any....

I have tried about six or seven flavors--chocolate, vanilla, Cookies and cream, and mint chocolate, to list a few. In my opinion, the matrix Peanut Butter is by far the best. It really takes like peanut butter cookies. I mix it with some milk and sugar free Torani caramel or vanilla. It is really great, and I thought quite a few flavors were really terrible.