Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Foot note...

I am ending the relationship with my friend, but not due to my lapband.

A sad story: the other day I was at the mall with my friend who is overweight and her daughter is 400 pounds + ( I only mention this because I think it is important to the story...) All three of us were walking out of the mall, and this thin women was walk pasted us walking into the mall. My friend's daughter yelled to the thin women, "How is the anorexia going? Is it working out for ya?" The thin women had not done anything to provoke this comment. She had not stared. glared, or paid any attention to us. Then my friend started laughing like a bully laughs at this poor women's expense. I so angry at my friend. If the table had been reversed and the thin women had made a comment to my friend and her daughter I would have stood up for them like nobodies business. So, I did the same for the thin woman. I spun around and said in a firm voice, "what are you guys doing? That was so called for, and mean!" To which the daughter replied, "Oh, like you weren't thinking it." and then my friend chimmed in, "Yeah." Right then and there I knew it was over. I would never tolerate someone belittling a person who was overweight, but it goes both ways. Maybe some people would disagree with me, but my morals say, "this is not right, and way wrong." So I am the biggest loser I haven't even started dieting yet and I lost over 700 pounds and I feel so much better!

Good for you, Amy, for calling them on their misbehavior.

You can't fight ugly with ugly...and especially at someone who didn't even hurt you. These women sound like really hurting people who are using their extra pounds to keep those fires of pain burning, instead of letting go of it.

Bitterness is a cancer that poisons the container that holds it, not the object at which it is directed.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches