Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm not a troll, I'm just new.

I had VSG on 9/14/15. Down 58.7 lbs and DAMN proud! SW was 276.5. I can actually cross my legs :). I should be down a bit more but it's my TOM so I'm up a bit.

I recently learned about this app and yesterday posted for the first time. I was trying to give away free premier Protein shakes but was treated like a troll (new word for me so I'm excited to use it lol). I'm no troll. Needless to say, not a great first experience on here.

I am a VSGer and here for some support and encouragement. I still find myself drinking most of my Proteins because I'm really not that hungry.

I had surgery at BI Boston with Dr. Schneider. Amazing experience! Any other BI patients?

Welcome and well done on the loss! This is a great forum for information and support.

Welcome! You should feel very proud of yourself.

We are a fairly good group of people if a little bit nutty.

I am sorry you felt like you were treated badly. We do get overprotective at times.

If I remember correctly you had some extra premier Protein you were willing to give away. You might want to consider taking it to your surgeon's office or a support group meeting.

I hope you stick around. This site is a great source of information, encouragement, and inspiration. It's also pretty entertaining.

Welcome and congrats on your already amazing weight loss!

Welcome! You might consider adding info like your surgery date and other stats to your profile (which doesn't show up on the app, but does on the website version). We tend to get a little twitchy when we see posts from a user with a low post count, no profile picture, and a surgery date of November 1999 (which is what it for some strange reason defaults to if you don't fill in your info). True trolls and/or spammers that have come on this forum in the past and wreaked havoc have usually had the same type of profile.

I still haven't figured out how to respond to someone directly.... Working on that.

I don't see my surgeon again until March and frankly I'm not willing to pay for parking at his office to drop these off. If I can't get rid of them before my 6 month appt I plan to do that.

I've read lots of post in the last few days and can certainly see some great supportive people. Read a post about being ashamed to tell people how much weight was lost and it has me thinking about things a little different.

Only my sisters and hubby know I did VSG because people can be judgement and I'm not in the mood to cuss anyone out (not afraid to, just not in the mood).

Anyone on Instagram should follow worldofvsgbeauties so motivational!

Lauren- how do I do that?

Congrats on your success so far!

Generally when we see people giving away products and they have only a few posts (right now you are 5 with 2 on this board, so you were at 3 or less before) we figure you are a spammer and react accordingly. Troll is just another word for spammer and there are a lot of people who only create a page on here so that they can add links. The more backlinks your website has, the higher you are rated in Google searches, so people who want to increase their SEO rating make fake profiles on social media forums and post their links with the hope that they won't get deleted before the Google crawler picks them up. If you used the word "protein" at all by default it adds a link to the Protein in the bariatric store, which some people may have just assumed you added your own link which made you even more spammier looking.

Once you've posted a few times you will be less likely to be seen as spam, and then when you try to do something nice for people no one will call you a troll. :)

Welcome! You might consider adding info like your surgery date and other stats to your profile (which doesn't show up on the app, but does on the website version). We tend to get a little twitchy when we see posts from a user with a low post count, no profile picture, and a surgery date of November 1999 (which is what it for some strange reason defaults to if you don't fill in your info). True trolls and/or spammers that have come on this forum in the past and wreaked havoc have usually had the same type of profile.

just figured out how to respond directly :)

How do I set my profile. I don't see that option. I also don't have a computer

How do I set my profile. I don't see that option. I also don't have a computer

Hmmmm... I'm not sure how to add surgery info and stuff from the app. I do that through the website. If you have a web browser on your mobile device, you can log in to your account through bariatricpal.com and make the changes through there.

In the app, you can add a profile picture by tapping on the three lines in the upper left of the main screen of the app, then tap "People," then your user name (which should be at the top), then tap the little camera icon.

When you log in, you will find your name at the top of the page. Click on that.

In the drop down menu click Profile.

In drop down menu click Settings.

On that page click Edit Profile.

That should let you in to tweak your information.

Welcome to the forum. Opinions and tact will vary....so take what you need and disregard the rest. If you post frequently for a while, it will get you out of that low number curse. Hugs from Chicago.

Welcome! Sorry your first post went over poorly. We usually are a great bunch of people overall. It sounds liek the others were right and that your first post just came across as "shady" because you were new to the forums. I hope you get settled in and find the support and advice you need. Also, since you are already sleeved, feel free to answer some of the questions from the newbies who are just beginning their journey. They have lots of questions and answers from people who have been through it go a long way to helping them out.

Welcome! I didn't see your other post, so you're no troll to me!!