Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else with a Feb 1st date?

Hi everyone! My date is 2/1 and I was looking for a sleeve buddy!!!! I'm 32, 5ft 6 and 286. I'll probably be about 270 on the day of surgery - self-imposed liquid diet. My surgeon doesn't require one but he did give me a list of things to get. Vitamins, Prilosec Otc (mandatory for me to take for 1 week before and 2 weeks after surgery even though I don't have reflux issues, to reduce acid for a better recovery), Protein shake (he gave me a list - I love pure Protein and it's on there thank goodness), and some other stuff.

I'm very excited. I've scheduled a week off work. The week after I work only 4 days and then have a long 4 day weekend. I have tons of extra time just in case but hopefully I'm good with a week.

I'm not concerned about anything really except picking up my sweet 15 month old daughter afterwards. She's mommy's baby and she loves for me to pick her up and cuddle. She's also kind of rough - she's used to jumping all over me and playing. I've been trying to get her to be more gentle and it works for a bit but I feel bad that I have to restrict lifting her for 2 whole weeks. I'll get over it. :)

Anyways good luck everyone! Hope to hear from some fellow 2/1 sleevers!!!!

I am having surgery on 2/1 as well. I am 53 5'5" and 244 lbs. I started the liquid diet today that is required by my doctor. They are very regimented for this but that is good I like the structure.

I am taking off per the doctor for 2 weeks after my surgery. I keep trying to imagine what I will look like thin so excited I can't wait

That's awesome!!!! I'm so excited for you! I like the rigidity. He's very strict on other areas. My post op diet is 2 weeks liquids and then two weeks soft. But even through maintenance my calories should only be 600 and 1000 max when I start working out.

Excited! :)

Feb 1st is taking its sweet little time!!! Sheesh!

Feeling super excited, a little anxious, 3% worried about going under, and very impatient. Can't wait to get on the other side of this life changing surgery!

2/2 is my surgery date. I'm 27, 5' 4", and 262. I'm doing a self imposed preop diet as well since my surgeon doesn't require it but I won't start it until Thursday. My last preop appointment with the nurse practitioner is Wednesday. This is my last chance to ask all of my questions so I'm making a list now. Like you, I'm concerned about not being able to pick up my child. He's three and usually walks alone but he doesn't like walking outside when it's dark. I'm trying to break him of that now. Sometimes it's faster to swoop them up when they're moving slowly but I'll have to break myself of that. Congratulations and I'm excited for us all! This coming week can't go by fast enough. I'm ready. I just need to pack.

Welcome oh so sleeved! Congratulations! It's almost here! :) I don't have anymore appointments - they said I would have a phone appointment if they needed to discuss my labs but got an email saying there was nothing to discuss!

My husband will place her in my arms but I just know she's going to look at me and sign for me to pick her up - she does it all the time. I don't let her walk in public yet because she'll either sit on the ground and look for something to put in her mouth or run off really fast lol.

I wonder why our docs aren't making us do a pre-op diet. I know each is different. I kinda like being responsible for what I do before surgery.

I'm not sure. My friend's doc is making her do one and our BMI's are similar. That's one of the questions in asking at my visit this week. I'm nervous about weight gain so I'll be doing one to ensure that I don't gain a single pound. They will postpone my surgery if I do. I already bought my Protein Shakes. I'm ready to get it started.

I'm not sure. My friend's doc is making her do one and our BMI's are similar. That's one of the questions in asking at my visit this week. I'm nervous about weight gain so I'll be doing one to ensure that I don't gain a single pound. They will postpone my surgery if I do. I already bought my Protein Shakes. I'm ready to get it started.

Wow - they'll postpone? Mine gave paperwork that said you have to lose and we will check before we schedule. They didn't check. I haven't gained - I've lost like 7; not checking again until day of. But that's so drastic to postpone! Good luck! Why don't you just start early? Might as well lol!

I'm not sure. My friend's doc is making her do one and our BMI's are similar. That's one of the questions in asking at my visit this week. I'm nervous about weight gain so I'll be doing one to ensure that I don't gain a single pound. They will postpone my surgery if I do. I already bought my Protein shakes. I'm ready to get it started.

Wow - they'll postpone? Mine gave paperwork that said you have to lose and we will check before we schedule. They didn't check. I haven't gained - I've lost like 7; not checking again until day of. But that's so drastic to postpone! Good luck! Why don't you just start early? Might as well lol!

That's what they said and they said in the seminar that they have had to enforce it before. Could have been a scare tactic to keep people from going on a binge up until the day before surgery. I was going to just start my liquids now but I have job interviews this week and I don't want to go in them hungry and irritated and lightheaded. I'm known to get "hangry". Ha! The last one is Wednesday after the my appt with the nurse and I will start the diet Thursday.

I'm not sure. My friend's doc is making her do one and our BMI's are similar. That's one of the questions in asking at my visit this week. I'm nervous about weight gain so I'll be doing one to ensure that I don't gain a single pound. They will postpone my surgery if I do. I already bought my Protein shakes. I'm ready to get it started.

That's what they said and they said in the seminar that they have had to enforce it before. Could have been a scare tactic to keep people from going on a binge up until the day before surgery. I was going to just start my liquids now but I have job interviews this week and I don't want to go in them hungry and irritated and lightheaded. I'm known to get "hangry". Ha! The last one is Wednesday after the my appt with the nurse and I will start the diet Thursday.

Lol! I know the feeling! I have a friend who gets hangry and literally says it so I stay away lol. Could be a scare tactic - but you're on the right track. Better safe than sorry on the diet - you'll probably drop quite a few on liquids so you'll be fine.

Good luck on your interviews! I hope this week goes by really fast!

My husband just surprised me with this new Water bottle!!!! He said he wants me to be prepared and get all my Water in!!! He's so sweet! It tracks water and syncs with my Fitbit!

post-265899-1453695123823_thumb.jpg

I know!!! I knew he was on board with the surgery and everything but this was more than I expected. I would have never bought it lol - and he heard me telling my dietician about how I was concerned about tracking my Fluid intake, and he gave it to me today.

Wow, fancy-schmancy water bottle, it's really cool that it syncs like that.

So far so good! It's very, very accurate! :)