Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELLO JANUARY SLEEVERS!

I had my VSG 1/21/16. Today is my 1 week post op appointment, and get my drain oout today :)

can you describe how you feel at 1 week, so I can see some light at the end of the tunnel?

I had my VSG 1/21/16. Today is my 1 week post op appointment, and get my drain oout today :)

can you describe how you feel at 1 week, so I can see some light at the end of the tunnel?[/quote

Much better! 2-3 days in I regretted having the procedure. I was tired, cranky, quezzy. I even threw up day 4 after chevable Vitamins. Today I get the drain out and I feel good, more energy. Can't wait to hear what the Dr says about food and my million questions. You got this!!! Few more days. I'm hoping everyday gets better.

I am 1 week post op today. I had a followup with my surgeon yesterday and he said everything went well. He wants me to follow a 2 week liquid, 2 week puree, 2 week soft food plan before moving on to regular foods, and try to get in 80-100 grams of Protein a day. He scheduled our next followup three months from now so it looks like I am on the honor system when it comes to how strictly I follow that plan.

I had two incidents where the meds made me sick and I dry heaved late Friday and early Saturday. I was worried that I would damage my sleeve but it seems okay. I stopped taking the nausea and pain meds and have been fine since.

I have to be careful drinking anything and remember to sip slowly. A couple of times I absently took a regular sized drink of Water or SF sports drink and it felt like the world's largest gas bubble.

The first couple of days the Protein drinks sent me running to the restroom, but I can handle them now. I just started drinking Decaf iced tea. broth was kind of strong at first, too. And I am careful with the chewable vitamins.

Surgery went well. He also fixed a hiatal hernia I didn't know I had. He said it wasn't bad tho just needed tightened. Very little pain, never used pain killers at all. They did have me on liquid Tylenol every 8 hours. Was up doing my first walk 4 hours after I got to my room. Never had gas pain in the shoulder, my surgeon doesn't leave the air in. I was peeing like a champ. No nausea. It was so not what I thought it could be! My hard part is getting down 60 ozs of liquids each day. Belly starts feeling bloated. Hope you that are to have your surgery yet, I pray it goes as well as mine! Hugs to everyone for being my support!

@@juan110 I feel good. Still have moments of tiredness, like after my first shower last night. All I really feel is a tugging at the incision sites if I bend over, or turn a certain way. Still have not tried sleeping in bed tho. Bought an EZ Lift recliner for sleeping and sitting in so I don't have to strain tummy muscles yet getting up and standing. It has been a godsend! I'm going to try the full liquid diet again beginning today. I don't like taking meds that are in capsules! It feels weird going down. Dr said to open them and mix with a tad bit of sugar free applesauce or yogurt. How are you feeling?

Had vsg 14.1.16 and already lost 16lbs. Feel great. No real issues apart from odd uncomfortable has feeling. Once take meds for that feel fine. Does anyone know if you can have lemon Water in mornings? I use to drink this before op but not sure post op?

Hi, I had the sleeve on 1/29 in Denver. I'm on day 3 and I've been pretty miserable. The gas pain is awful and I keep getting hiccup like spasms that make me vomit.

Anyone have this happen?

@@chavezmommy

I didn't have that happen, but felt miserable and got dehydrated the first couple days, mine was on the 25th, and each day does get a bit better...hang in there!

Is anyone else that's had their sleeve having discomfort when drinking? I feel like every time I sip I get a rumble of gas that comes and it hurts pretty bad. Also, did u get sent home with pain pills or liquid meds? I was under the impression that it would be liquids and I got pills. Not sure how it's going to work out

I had sleeve on the 26th, sent home with everything (liquid pain,nausea pills,gas pill, stool softener, little cups) Kasier is on top of it their program is great. Now So far though I have only taken 2 pills for nausea and nothing else have not had any pain. Clear liquid diet for 3 days ????but today I get to add yogurt and can have Premier Protein shakes which I like HW 293 SW 275 CW 265

Hi, I had the sleeve on 1/29 in Denver. I'm on day 3 and I've been pretty miserable. The gas pain is awful and I keep getting hiccup like spasms that make me vomit.

Anyone have this happen?

walk walk every 2hrs

Anyone have this happen?

walk walk. I used the gas ex strips which helped. everyday gets better