Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELLO JANUARY SLEEVERS!

I had my surgery on January 5th. I had the same issue for the first week. It has since died down. The nurse at the hospital told me when the pain. Starts to take a deep breathe through your nose and exhale through your mouth. It works really well. I was sent home with all pills. I was confused at first because our nutritionist said that they would need crushed. However my Dr said otherwise. They pills really aren't that big so.

I had a date for Jan25 but was moved up to the 19th very excited a little anxious about the liver shrinkage. but i am doing the work so i should be fine

I'm scheduled for Monday! (Jan 18) Eeeekkkk! I started Protein Shakes and Clear Liquids on Monday (the 11th) Today has been my biggest challenge of the week but I didn't cave! I had my grandson today and he asked to have Taco Bueno for lunch. Ugh! Mexican food or anything that resembles Mexican food is my weakness. I had nothing. I got it to go, brought him home and had some Jello and some Water. I am so nervous and now that it's so close I am going through the second guessing all of it. I'm just so afraid I will regret this. That something will go wrong. I think my concerns are "normal". I have to keep reading positive threads. If I read one about complications or regrets I start the 2nd guessing again. 4 more sleeps are all I need to get through to make it to surgery. After that... I will cross that bridge post op!

Hello! Mine was January 6th. I feel great! I have energy. I am sure that won't last but I am enjoying it now! I'll be glad to get rid of stitches and eat solid food!

Day 10 of all liquid diet. Today was rough but I pulled through. Its 10:30pm. gonna go take a bath to take my mind off food.< /p>

@@IrishGermanRN when is your surgery scheduled? I found that after a few days of my pre-surgery diet I lost interest in food. I did cheat the first week and had grilled chicken because it's the only thing I REALLY wanted and I figured of all the cheat foods it was the least threatening to my liver. Hang in there! It gets easier! SF fudge pops were my best friend. Also, having the people you live with support you by not eating in front of you really helps.

@@IrishGermanRN when is your surgery scheduled? I found that after a few days of my pre-surgery diet I lost interest in food. I did cheat the first week and had grilled chicken because it's the only thing I REALLY wanted and I figured of all the cheat foods it was the least threatening to my liver. Hang in there! It gets easier! SF fudge pops were my best friend. Also, having the people you live with support you by not eating in front of you really helps.

I'm scheduled next week the 20th. Completing day 11! I"m suprised at how well I'm doing with it. Since I have an unfilled band in place, I'm wondering if that is helping. I have no restriction though so I could eat a whole pizza if I wanted. The day I got my unfill, I knew I was going to start the liquid phase the next day. So i had everything I could not have with my band. Fries were my number one go to and with the band i couldnt keep them down.

So bye bye fries for a loooooongg time.

@@IrishGermanRN I had Pasta with chicken and a crab cake ontop in a lemon creme sauce... With salad and BREADsticks.... Bye bye to my long loving relationship with bread... And carbs in general. You're almost done! Are you taking your Vitamins? Funny thing was I felt super healthy the whole time I was on my pre surgery diet. Enjoy your last few days being able to drink diet soda and chug Water. Almost every time I drink now I get rumbling gas pains, I have to relearn how to drink without taking in air too.

My surgery is the 26th. Day four of pre-op liquid diet down, 10 to go! I just take it one day at a time! Best of luck to you all!

My surgery was yesterday in Burbank with Dr. Quilici! So glad to be going home today.

I was sleeved 1/13/16, so I'm just 4 days out. Recovery has been rough, lots of pain/soreness and a couple of days of nausea. But today I've finally turned a corner it seems, still sore, but not nearly as much as I was. Definitely had the thought, "What did I do to myself!?" more than once, but that's passing now.

One thing I was so shocked by is the fact that I lost 30 POUNDS on my 2 week keto/3 day liquid diet. I still can't really believe it. I'll have to wait until my follow up to really see if that was the case, and I just wasn't standing on the scale incorrectly ???? If not, it must be because I started at such a high weight (470) that it came off much faster than normal. I'm starting to feel like my normal self again and feeling much better about everything. I'm excited to get the ball rolling!

Got some pretty bad Constipation, but that started with the keto/liquid diet so the pain pills didn't help. Took some milk of magnesia a couple of hours ago and hoping it does the trick.

Word of advice: if your toilets at home are particularly low, do yourself a favor and get a seat extender/hand rails. I was in excruciating pain trying to get up without using my stomach muscles.

I've been getting about 48oz of Water in spread out through 12 hours, but Protein shakes is another thing. It's too much sweetness. I don't feel any restriction so I'm wondering if that is normal during the liquid phase? Any one have any advice on that subject?

Anyways, hope this helps people with surgeries coming up. It's not all roses and it's NOT easy or fun, but it DOES get better each day! ????

Had my surgery 1/6/16. Getting bored with the liquid diet but feel pretty good otherwise. Glad to have a Jan 2016 Sleeve Group up and running. Welcome to the New Year!

Hi everyone! Happy to have found this thread. I'm scheduled for VSG on January 25, and I can't wait! I'm on day 7 of my pre-op diet, which consists of a Protein Shake for Breakfast and lunch, and salad for dinner with 3 oz of lean Protein. I've never enjoyed salad so much in my life, lol. I dig into that thing like I haven't eaten in a month! Looking forward to not wanting so much and not having that empty stomach feeling. Also hoping I have a relatively easy recovery, as I have to go to FL for a conference on February 8. Should be interesting, as I'll probably be in the "mush" stage at that point. Oh well, we do what we have to do, right?