Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELLO JANUARY SLEEVERS!

How is everyone? I'm hitting a stall. I've started eating bad food lately, luckily not much thanks to our tool.... I stopped exercising after breaking my toe and now I feel so unmotivated!!! [emoji53] any tips on getting back on track?

How is everyone? I'm hitting a stall. I've started eating bad food lately, luckily not much thanks to our tool.... I stopped exercising after breaking my toe and now I feel so unmotivated!!! any tips on getting back on track?

Hey chavezmommy!

I've mentioned on my previous posts that I stop losing weight after my fifth week after surgery and I have followed a low carb, moderate Protein and high fat diet since then with great results. Sometimes I overeat and I've been fluctuating between 60 and 57kg (my goal weight is 55kg). I have incorporated since last week a juice fast of four days that led me to an over 2kg weight gain but an amazing feeling of accomplishment.

I stopped the juice fast and went for a 24 hour fast of non-caloric-liquids like tea, coffee and Water. After the fast I ate a bariatric portion dinner and went back to 57.5kg again. It had taken me a lot of trials and errors to find what is best for me and definitely I believe that this lifestyle is the safest and must correct for me because it prevents me from binging and brings me towards my weight goal. I also would like to add that my blood tests looks amazing: Vitamins, minerals, etc are all great, blood sugar, blood pressure and LDL cholesterol (the bad one) are perfect, so there is no reason that I'm wrongdoing.

Let me know if you want to try this!

Best,

Ariana

Hi January sleevers! How are you guys? Just want to see how folks are with eating, emotions, weight etc.

I'll start

HW-285

CW-192

Goal-170

Eating been doing high Protein low carb. Eating 1000-1200 calories per day. I'm starting to eat junk when stressed or bored if it's right in front of me. Haven't been working out.

Would be great to hear updates on how people are doing and what your Successes and struggles are.

My strength is that if I slip I get right back on track the next meal. It's not all or nothing anymore like pre surgery. I have zero regrets about having had the surgery.

My area to work on is working out, emotional eating and increasing Fluid intake.

Thanks in advance for sharing your journey. I need the support.

Hey chavrzmommy and all Jan 2016 sleevers!

I'm struggling with emotional eating from time to time! Sometimes I just want to keep eating and eating and eating and I feel so bad that I have to throw up! I wish there was a brain surgery as well for the food insanity.

I've been active but I need to start prioritizing my training more.

I've been in a stall for who knows how long, but at the same time in +/- 3kg from my weight goal. I'm continuing with a lchf/keto/Banting and intermittent fasting diet.

Looking forward to hear how's everyone doing and if you have any tips for me!'

Cheers, Ariana

My biggest problem is not enjoying food. If what I'm eating isn't amazing then I don't want to eat. I mean we eat so little of it, I want it to be out of this world. This puts me getting most of my Protein from shakes. Which isn't good. I'm getting no where near the calories i should but I'm hitting the Protein target.

I also struggle with exercising. Lack of energy from not eating is a big part of the issue.

The positive, I'm 10 lbs from goal. This is the best things I've ever done for myself. I haven't been this size in 25+ years.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm struggling with emotional eating from time to time! Sometimes I just want to keep eating and eating and eating and I feel so bad that I have to throw up! I wish there was a brain surgery as well for the food insanity.

I've been in a stall for who knows how long, but at the same time in +/- 3kg from my weight goal. I'm continuing with a lchf/keto/Banting and intermittent fasting diet.

Cheers, Ariana

Thanks for sharing! I understand and I have overate as well. My tips are - self talk, I tell myself "stop eating, I can eat more of this during my next meal." Or "it's not worth feeling sick and guilty." Sometimes I get up after I've taken that 1 or 2 many bites, and I spit it in the trash (out of the sight of others of course). Then I put what's left on my plate I the trash or in a tupperware container. And then I focus on after meal cleanup.

I also wish there was a brain fix too!! Congrats on being so close to goal!!!

My biggest problem is not enjoying food. If what I'm eating isn't amazing then I don't want to eat. I mean we eat so little of it, I want it to be out of this world. This puts me getting most of my Protein from shakes. Which isn't good. I'm getting no where near the calories i should but I'm hitting the Protein target.

I also struggle with exercising. Lack of energy from not eating is a big part of the issue.

The positive, I'm 10 lbs from goal. This is the best things I've ever done for myself. I haven't been this size in 25+ years.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Good job - only 10 lbs away is amazing!!!

I still like the idea of food, but sometimes I do think "ugh I can only eat a few bites , what's the use?!" Then I eat what will satisfy my hunger. bread and Pasta I usually skip, maybe 2 bites of whole grain spaghetti but mostly I eat the sauce, meat and cheese.

It is good that you are hitting protein target. I think that it will take us years to adjust to this new normal.

What ideas do we all have to get more active? I make a million excuses not to exercise!! I was also feeling too weak to exercise until month 5 or 6. Now it's excuses and lack of time (yet another excuse!)

Cheers, Ariana

Thanks for sharing! I understand and I have overate as well. My tips are - self talk, I tell myself "stop eating, I can eat more of this during my next meal." Or "it's not worth feeling sick and guilty." Sometimes I get up after I've taken that 1 or 2 many bites, and I spit it in the trash (out of the sight of others of course). Then I put what's left on my plate I the trash or in a tupperware container. And then I focus on after meal cleanup.

I also wish there was a brain fix too!! Congrats on being so close to goal!!!

Thank you so much for your kind words chavrzmommy! I really needed to hear that and I'll follow you recommendations. Thank you!!!

Cheers, Ariana

Emotional eating for me as well.. This last stall was long almost 2 months. But dropped 2 pounds this week.

Keep at it everyone!

Edited by IrishGermanRN

I'm finding that once Im off track I have a hard time resetting. Like we went on a cruise and ate and ate and ate everything. Then after I came back it was hard to resist temptations knowing I had indulged.

If I take 1 bite of bad food I run (not walk) away I'm ok. But moderation is not something I have mastered. I thank god I had the surgery because when I have messed up at least I stop due to the physical limitation of the sleeve...

I don't work out anymore. Work is busy and I hate working out quite frankly. I don't know how to love it enough to make time... I know I'm sounding negative but I'm just being real.

Edited by chavezmommy

Hey gang, surgery date 1/29/16 HW 284 I have reached 180 which is my first goal. Ive lost 104 lbs! :) However, I have been on a plateau for about two weeks. Thinking about what is a good next goal.

I have not been strict about my diet, making healthy choices about 50% of the time, and not exercising regularly. The restriction is such a blessing especially during the times where I am lax. Lastly I am not getting in the fluids that I should be. I'm just being brutally honest and I know that I could be doing better.

How is everybody doing with sticking to eating only what is on the dietitian recommended diet? How is everybody doing with exercise?

I feel like some of my old emotional eating habits are resurfacing. I would just like to hear from others to get an idea if this is common.