Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELLO JANUARY SLEEVERS!

I'm down 25 pounds so far, sleeved on 1/21. First two weeks were some big numbers, than the slow down. Can't really call it a stall because I have lost two pounds each of the last two weeks. Looks like this week might be the same.

I get gurgling after drinking fluids. Sometimes I get the gas bubble/bloated feeling after eating.

I have to admit, I am still on the soft food stage and sticking mainly to the safest purees and blandest items on the list - I don't really care what I eat since I am not hungry, anyway. My wife works retail so she is not home for dinner often, no one bugs me if I eat cottage cheese over and over and over again. I tried some hummus last week at the beginning of soft foods - it was not pleasant (bathroom emergency the next morning).

I feel good, though.

Keep it up January sleevers!

I am at the same number all this week, but I expected it. Lost 25 since surgery 1/26, but lost 63 (including the 25) since beginning my process in August 2015 with my seminar. So the body is probably saying "WTH, you've never lost this much before without regaining in the meantime! Where am I to go with this new loss?" I go to unlimited foods on Friday, a month out from surgery. I have tried different things now to see how they settled and so good so far. Made a mini pizza on low carb Pizza Crust, low carb sauce, 1% shredded mozz, and 5 pepperoni slices. It was good but I could only eat 2 small pieces. Before surgery I could have ate two mini's! LOL I now can make a can of Soup last 3 meals! Grocery shopping has taken on a whole new meaning because my DH has to pick out what he wants for the week, and I usually don't need anything cause I have it at home already! I preplanned very well prior to surgery. Even made my own Soups and puree's from fresh veg's last Fall and froze them. I feel really great! Now able to walk my dog without pain which I love!

Sleeved 1/29. Down 43lbs. Will be at week 6 this Friday. On soft and moist until 3/18. I've started working out or walking every other day. I've been majorly slacking on Fluid intake so I feel hungry!!

I need to get back on hydration, it's just so annoying the constant sipping. I've alway been a terrible cook so I'm sick of the same old foods.

Sorry for the whining this is just a strange past few days for me....

I was feeling really good until a really stressful day last week at work. I wanted to eat junk badly. Then I started thinking will I ever escape this need to feed my stress?

The negative feelings just sort of spilled into the next few days..... The momentum is still going in the right direction but my emotions and hunger aren't....

Sleeved 1/29. Down 43lbs. Will be at week 6 this Friday. On soft and moist until 3/18. I've started working out or walking every other day. I've been majorly slacking on Fluid intake so I feel hungry!!

I need to get back on hydration, it's just so annoying the constant sipping. I've alway been a terrible cook so I'm sick of the same old foods.

Sorry for the whining this is just a strange past few days for me....

I was feeling really good until a really stressful day last week at work. I wanted to eat junk badly. Then I started thinking will I ever escape this need to feed my stress?

The negative feelings just sort of spilled into the next few days..... The momentum is still going in the right direction but my emotions and hunger aren't....

I understand completely! I too, have fallen off the wagon. I did manage to drop one more pound, but have had this terrible craving for sweets. I caved and bought a box of girl scout Cookies, and have been eating 1 or 2 a day! Thank God they are gone, but I have to gain control over my cravings. It's so hard right now for some reason. Everything in life is good so not stress eating. I have been walking the dog (something I could only do for 5 minutes before), and getting on my Gazelle. I bought a bicycle and am anxious for the weather to break so I can ride. I think I'm just boredom eating sweets maybe. Like you I have trouble getting in my needed fluids. Congrat's on the weight loss! Isn't it a great feeling to be lighter and knowing summer is just around the corner!

I understand completely! I too, have fallen off the wagon. I did manage to drop one more pound, but have had this terrible craving for sweets. I caved and bought a box of girl scout Cookies, and have been eating 1 or 2 a day! Thank God they are gone, but I have to gain control over my cravings. It's so hard right now for some reason. Everything in life is good so not stress eating. I have been walking the dog (something I could only do for 5 minutes before), and getting on my Gazelle. I bought a bicycle and am anxious for the weather to break so I can ride. I think I'm just boredom eating sweets maybe. Like you I have trouble getting in my needed fluids. Congrat's on the weight loss! Isn't it a great feeling to be lighter and knowing summer is just around the corner!

----------------------------------------------

I understand, just think before surgery we could have eaten the entire box in one day! I think if we can master the art of moderation we will be successful in the long run.

I do feel much better being lighter. My knees don't hurt and I can walk my kids to school (1.5 miles). I don't regret the surgery one bit. I think the issues I'm facing are emotional since before I ate junk and felt like crap after. Now it's actually better but there are still some go to habits/emotions that start to creep back.

Lots of work to do. But also new fun things to enjoy like loose pants, more energy, not feeling guilty and disgusting after I eat. My kids are proud of me. I feel prettier too.

I wish you all the best with your sweet tooth. Try no sugar added fudgcycles or sugar free pudding. I bet there are sugar free Cookies. We can do this!!!!!

Edited by chavezmommy

@chavezmommy LOL! I do have SF pudding and popsicles, but the girls selling the Cookies with the pleading faces, and my lack of control, and remembering how goooood they tasted, first thing you know I'm saying "Of course I'll buy a box!". However, this morning my sweetie and I hit Kohls'. I've never been able to shop there, but he told me "your underwear are baggy as heck!". So while at Kohl's, just for shits and giggles, I decided to try on "real" jeans, not the elastic all around waist one's. Sweetie says "what size are we looking for?", "I have no clue" I responded! So I pick up the highest I could find which was a 24W, thinking in my head "you are setting yourself up for a let down", but believe it or not they just fit! Around the waist anyway! My legs have always been thinner than the rest of me, so even at a much smaller size (I used to wear 3x from Catherines), the legs are still baggy so I didn't buy them. I need my waist and a** to catch up to my legs before I'll be rocking some jeans! LOL Thank God for summer, because in shorts I can usually pull it off without too much bagginess. But I came out of the fitting room empty handed but with a huge smile on my face. He said "they didn't fit?". I said "they did but too baggy in the legs, but I'm getting there!" I guess that would be my first NSV! Bra's are next. I am on the last row of hooks and the shoulder adjustment all the way forward, when it used to be all the way to the back! Thanks for your encouragement! It helps during the rough patches! Keep up the good work yourself!

Congrats everyone! I have to say that I am invious of all off you. minus the sweet tooth.. I am down 30 my surgery was 1/22/16 I have been at 271 for 2 weeks now. I am trying to drink more Water and more protien. I don't feel like I am eating anything wrong.. I havnt had any sweets just adding stevia to my 1 cup of coffee in am. and 1 cup iced tea p.m. I feel stuck and just want to lose and lose and lose. I want to be in the 100s by my 30th birthday (11/28) I know that is a lot but I have this tool and I feel like it is not helping me besides. Making me eat and drink Water.

What to do What to do???

This is a silly question, but what weight should I put as my starting weight. 296 when I started the process a year ago. 284 before I started the 2 week liquid pre-op diet. 272 the day of surgery 1-12-2016. Which one did you use?? I am 244 today 3/11-2016 I think I am loosing very slowly and I am frustrated. I see others have lost so much more so I am wondering if I am using a different starting weight.

@@SactoWendy

It's funny (strange, not haha), but I really went back and forth about that, too. I was torn between putting in my weight as of my first seminar, or my highest known weight that prompted me to make the change. Ultimately I chose the latter because I felt it was an equal part of the journey.

This is a silly question, but what weight should I put as my starting weight. 296 when I started the process a year ago. 284 before I started the 2 week liquid pre-op diet. 272 the day of surgery 1-12-2016. Which one did you use?? I am 244 today 3/11-2016 I think I am loosing very slowly and I am frustrated. I see others have lost so much more so I am wondering if I am using a different starting weight.

If I am talking to my Dr's I will use my surgery day weight as a starting point because that is what they use. If I am talking to friends or family I will say "I've lost xx since surgery, but xx total since beginning my journey at the seminar".

I use the following:

HW310 (highest weight)

SW269 (surgery weight)

CW231 (current weight)

GW150 (goal weight)

Sleeved 1/6/16

Congrats everyone! I have to say that I am invious of all off you. minus the sweet tooth.. I am down 30 my surgery was 1/22/16 I have been at 271 for 2 weeks now. I am trying to drink more Water and more protien. I don't feel like I am eating anything wrong.. I havnt had any sweets just adding stevia to my 1 cup of coffee in am. and 1 cup iced tea p.m. I feel stuck and just want to lose and lose and lose. I want to be in the 100s by my 30th birthday (11/28) I know that is a lot but I have this tool and I feel like it is not helping me besides. Making me eat and drink Water.

What to do What to do???

I think each of us are so different. I know it's hard but try not to get hung up on only the weight on the scale but also on how your clothes feel and how you feel. A friend of mine who also had the surgery lost a smaller than average amount of weight for the first three months. However now she is losing 1 to 2 pounds a week. It will just take time to lose the weight just as it took time to come on.

I know the surgery it seems like it should go much faster and for some it does but I know for some of my friends it has taken longer than they want it to.

Hang in there it will get better and you will move past your plateau. I'm rooting for you!

Hi guys! Wanted to check in and see how folks are doing with eating habits/food selection and hunger.

I can eat just about anything now. I rarely eat carbs. I have been sticking to the nutrition plan except for during dinner with my family where I eat a small amount of whatever they are eating. Sometimes we have enchiladas sometimes we have burgers without the bun, taco (minus shell) stuff like that. How are you guys doing as it relates to eating with family?

Also, sadly during the last few days my hunger has returned with a vengeance. I still eat about 4 to 5 ounces per meal. I have added 2 healthy Snacks due to hunger.

Has anybody else experienced the hunger returning?

I am struggling to stop eating right when I "don't feel hungry" instead of when I feel gross full. Some habits die hard. But I'm working on it!

I'm down about 55 lbs.

Edited by chavezmommy

Hi guys! Wanted to check in and see how folks are doing with eating habits/food selection and hunger.

I can eat just about anything now. I rarely eat carbs. I have been sticking to the nutrition plan except for during dinner with my family where I eat a small amount of whatever they are eating. Sometimes we have enchiladas sometimes we have burgers without the bun, taco (minus shell) stuff like that. How are you guys doing as it relates to eating with family?

Also, sadly during the last few days my hunger has returned with a vengeance. I still eat about 4 to 5 ounces per meal. I have added 2 healthy Snacks due to hunger.

I am struggling to stop eating right when I "don't feel hungry" instead of when I feel gross full. Some habits die hard. But I'm working on it!

I'm down about 55 lbs.

I'm down about 55 lbs. [/

Hey!

Congratulations on your weight loss! I was a low bmi sleever and got my surgery on Jan 18th. After 4 weeks after surgery my hunger came back and after 5 weeks I stopped losing weight for a month! I had to cut back the carbs, all sugars and artificial sweeteners in order to lose weight. My drinks are only coffee, tea and Water. I increased my fat intake to reduce cravings (this works amazing!) and I've been loosing around 1 pound per week after that. I'm really happy with the results but in my case I'm extremely sensitive to carbs and I had to cut them totally from my diet in order to keep my sanity. Maybe it's your problem as well. Let me know which approach you take and I wish you good luck!