Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELLO JANUARY SLEEVERS!

Wow, I was on a cleanse prior to surgery to make sure there were no solids left in the bowel. Surprised they didn't have you do that.

My doctor had me do a magnesium citrate cleanse the day before surgery. So I'm hoping mine wake up around day 5 as well.

Hello all, I'm new to the forums. I was sleeved on 1/6/16. Surgery went well with no complications. I'm about 11lbs down after 13 days and have my first follow up appt later today.

I'm a 42yo married HR manager living in an Atlanta suburb.

Best of luck to you who are due for surgery soon!!

Jen

Sorry, didn't mean to reply, just trying to post in this forum. I'm not good at this!

I'm for tomorrow! Just leaving for hospital now! Mixture of excitement and apprehension!

I'm for tomorrow! Just leaving for hospital now! Mixture of excitement and apprehension!

Same here. i leave for Tijuana today and have surgery tomorrow am. Pre op diet done.. now to do the post work.

I had the band so I know alot of what to expect post op.. more liquids.

Same here. i leave for Tijuana today and have surgery tomorrow am. Pre op diet done.. now to do the post work.

I had the band so I know alot of what to expect post op.. more liquids.< /p>

good luck you two! ????????

My surgery is schedule for the 21st in Marina Del Rey. It's less than two hours away by car, so I am driving down in the morning.

Three surgeries in the next two days! Let us know how you are doing.

Hi sleeve buddies! I had my pre-admission work done today. Everything went well. This time next week I will be sleeping (hopefully) on pain meds, and all this will be just a memory! I have to get up the morning of surgery at 3am, to be at the hospital by 6am. I am his first surgery at 7:30am. I'm not nervous, I'm excited to git 'er done! Been on this journey since 8/6/15, and it seemed my day would never get here! Now I am a week away and I look back and see that actually is has gone by fast! I'm on day 8 of pre-op liquid diet, and frankly, I can't wait to get rid of 3/4 of this stomach so I don't feel like I'm starving all the time! I am craving meat and banana's badly! LOL Anyone else have cravings for certain foods on their pre-op diet? Congrat's to those who have jumped the fence, and best wishes for those like me still waiting to jump this month!

HI my name is Troy my sleve surgery will be January 26th at Pouder Valley Hospital in Fort Collins,Colorado it's kinda scarry but living like I have for the last 50 years was not good on my body eather I am going into surgery at a weight of 369 pounds look forward to getting some friends on here to talk to. I know it all in God's hand's working through the wonderful Dr's Lord bless everyone who has had, will have or in the future will have the different surgery types keep your eyes and hands upon the Dr's all over this world preforming Life changing surgeries Amen. Good luck to all of you

????????

Hi, this is Dr Carlos Altamirano ("Dr A" it's fine ) BaritricPal's Surgeon, nice to meet you.

I'll be glad to explain to you the good, the bad and the ugly about the surgery and be sure that everything it's easy to understand. You can schedule a free Skype consult with me and join our support group on Facebook were you can interact with patients that have had the great experience of coming through this amazing and experienced company called BARIATRIC PAL.

Support Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/dr.altamirano/

I have a quick question. My surgery was on Monday and I was released yesterday. Late last night and early this morning I noticed that my hands and wrists were incredibly sore and a bit swollen. Is that normal? Has anyone else experienced this?

Edited by smrtgrl

It happens frequently because of the IV fluids

This happened to me as well. 1st day post op and swelling already going down.

First day post op and doing well. sip sip sip walk walk walk. No hunger what so ever but hey some of my insides were cut off so why would I.

My surgery went well, no extra pain meds, yet. The gas is really uncomfortable though! Lots of burping. Release planned after upper gi in the morning.