Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELLO JANUARY SLEEVERS!

My surgery is January 20th.

Hey! I'm having my sleeve done on Jan 20th, also at the OCC! I'm also doing the 2 week liquid diet thing, and it super sucks for me :( I haven't lost an ounce since I started liquids last Wednesday (lost 14 lbs right before that though on the atkins-esque pre-pre op diet), and I'm starving all the time. I think I'm winning the head hunger games though since i'm not cracking! KEEP THE EYE ON THE PRIZE. See you in 8 days!

My surgery is January 20th.

Hey! I'm having my sleeve done on Jan 20th, also at the OCC! I'm also doing the 2 week liquid diet thing, and it super sucks for me :( I haven't lost an ounce since I started liquids last Wednesday (lost 14 lbs right before that though on the atkins-esque pre-pre op diet), and I'm starving all the time. I think I'm winning the head hunger games though since i'm not cracking! KEEP THE EYE ON THE PRIZE. See you in 8 days!

Eye on the prize is right!

The Atkins preop I could not do. I tried and it was tough. I ended up gaining.

The preop. I'm just finishing day 7 and its easy for me. I'm even forgetting to eat.

I did cook tonight for my son and that was a lil tough but figured I'm half way there.. almost. Then there is post op.

Edited by IrishGermanRN

Hi everyone. I had my surgery Tuesday January 5th. Very excited to be here and to be on this journey.

I was sleeved the 6th. I'm glad to find someone close to my date. How are you feeling? I feel like I didn't even have surgery by today.

I'm happy to have found this site, and this thread in particular!

I'm getting sleeved not the 15th, no pre-op diet required by my surgeon.

My main worries at this stage are more long term, will I succeed, what will the impact be on work after a few weeks off, will relationships with people change? etc.

Hopefully I have found I place where I'll find some answers along the way.

Wishing you all the best!

Hi everyone! I'm getting sleeved on 1/26. I started my liquid pre op diet today and...UGH. I am already sick of sweet things (I'm looking at you Protein shakes!). The only thing that I can have that is savory is Nutrifast cream of chicken Soup or broth. Man, this is going to be a long two weeks. Hoping tomorrow is better! And maybe it will get a little easier once I can see the scale moving down :)

Is anyone else that's had their sleeve having discomfort when drinking? I feel like every time I sip I get a rumble of gas that comes and it hurts pretty bad. Also, did u get sent home with pain pills or liquid meds? I was under the impression that it would be liquids and I got pills. Not sure how it's going to work out

Hello - I had my surgery last Tuesday, Jan 5th. I was originally scheduled for November and did my two week prep only to cancel due to getting bronchitis the day before surgery. I'm doing really good and the hospital stay was a breeze. Much less pain from the surgery than I expected and what I had was treated with pain meds.

I did have a side effect from the anesthesia after I was home that lasted about 1 1/2 days and it was painful and unexpected but got a new pain med for it that helped a lot. Never had a problem drinking or swallowing. I was given ice chips as soon as I woke up in recovery. My doctor no longer does the leak test based on new findings so I could have liquids when I got to my room. I was able to walk right away. Never got sick or nauseated. Hope this helps those of you awaiting surgery. I hope you have as easy a time as I did.

I'm getting my sleeve on Monday and I'm so excited/completely freaking out! I'm only 25 and never been hospitalized for anything, never had an IV or catheter, never had anything worse than Vicodin for post wisdom tooth extraction.... And I'm a nurse! I've never been off this long, 3 weeks?! What the hell am I going to do?!!! I guess this will be a lot of firsts for me, but the best first will be my first pair of jeans that I can buy in a store that fit my belly, and my tiny legs! Who else is totally excited for some actual skinny jeans!!!????

You know how well the medical staff will take care of you since you have been on their side! ????

Let us know how you're doing.

PS - HECK YES! I am excited to wear skinny jeans with some cute boots that will zip over my calfs AND have my feet not kill me due to all the extra weight! Top it off with a nice Lacey white flowy shirt.

Edited by chavezmommy

@@samanthajo2590 My insurance wouldn't cover the liquid so I also got pills. Cut them in half or fourths and see if you can take them. I cut the tylenol w codeine in half at first but now just take the whole pill.

Edited by lhnan

Hi everyone. I had my surgery Tuesday January 5th. Very excited to be here and to be on this journey.

I had my surgery that day too!

@@RioNan, I tried laying down and I couldn't get up. The hospital bed was a god send because I could just lift the head of the bed and swing my legs, but my neck is so sore from the past day and a half that I literally can't lift my head. How am I supposed to sleep tonight? When I try to lay on my side my incisions burn. I feel so helpless, I know I only had surgery yesterday but I'm feeling a lot of regret right now ????

Is anyone else that's had their sleeve having discomfort when drinking? I feel like every time I sip I get a rumble of gas that comes and it hurts pretty bad. Also, did u get sent home with pain pills or liquid meds? I was under the impression that it would be liquids and I got pills. Not sure how it's going to work out

You could try crushing and put in Jello or thin apple sauce if you're allowed.

Today's the day. Having the band removed and gastric sleeve.

Today's the day. Having the band removed and gastric sleeve.

Keep us posted!