Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Adding sugar free pudding powder

Hi all! I'm 4 days into 2 week preop diet. For the 2 Protein Shakes I need to have per day, I have tried adding some sugar free hello powder ( shakes are vanilla) and flavored Syrup ( sugar free) and extracts. Nothing I can say was really making it taste better. Today I sprinkled it some sugar free butterscotch pudding mix and it was so damn good! How much should I put of the pudding mix in my drink? What if I use 1/2 packet? Or should I do 1 tablespoon? I'm gonna try chocolate next.

A small sprinkling should do it. Half a pack is waaaaaayyyy too much. A box usually lasts me over a week if used daily but I just switched to cocoa powder as I like the bitterness.

Gonna try the SF pudding mix.. I'm finishing day 2 pre op. I can do this is all I keep telling myself

I am day 6 preop diet. I have found some prepackaged Protein Drinks at costco called Premier Protein. They are 30gm Protein and under 200 cal and low in carbs. The other two I actually LOVE are from GNC. They are the Lean shake 25. They are 200 cal and 25 protein. The bonus is they come in banana and orange cream. It's like having a banana milkshake or a creamsicle. They are a little more expensive but if you join their GNC club you pay the cheaper price and get occasional discounts of BOGO 1/2off. Also, before you pay for them they have a little booklet attached to the top that has a 5.00 off coupon on each one. enjoy!

Edited by 860971

I drank Premier before and after surgery and it worked great. I hated it after surgery though. The sweetness gagged me but in time my sense of taste went back to normal. Still a great source of Protein and very convenient.

I still can't handle pudding though and it used to be my weakness. My one year was in Sept.