Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight gain.... :(

Hey everyone. Its been a while since Ive been on here. Been hiding my head in the sand for a long, long time. Well, Im pulling myself out of the sand now. Been watching the scales go up slowly. They hit 180 last week. Was 150 last year. That was it. My aha moment. Haven't felt like I even had a sleeve lately. While I still eat small meals, I can snack endlessly. And yes, I know thats not good to do so. Just becuz I can doesn't mean I should. I know all that..

As I said, Im pulling myself back up. Been back on track for 4 days now. Focusing on Protein (but Im not afraid of small amts of carbs either), drinking Water, not drinking with meals, and moving more. I need to lose 40 lbs. Sounds like a daunting task right now, but Ive done it before, I can do it again.

ANy pointers out there from people who have been where I am? High Protein, low calorie Snacks?

I appreciate any support I can get. Ive had my sleeve for 2 1/2 yrs and Ive never made it to goal. This time I will!

I don't have any pointers or tips but you sound very motivated to finish this journey!

Good for you!

You're human!

You sound like you know exactly what you need to do to get this done!

That's great that your head is outta the sand.. must've been quite suffocating, and well, sandy!

Haha

I'll be your silent cheerleader from Canada!

You got this!

I get motivated constantly by checking out this site so I guess I have that as a tip...!

I also find that when I look at photos back when I was at my smallest, fitessed and healthiest, that it motivates me to give it "that little bit of extra"

Example: I'll look at photos and then when I'm exercising I think of them and how I want to get back there. (And beyond ????)

Anyways, good luck!!!

Heather

Edited by heather5565

Our stories are nearly the same. Same timelines, revision surgery after a slipped lapland, gaining the weight back. I am glad to hear I am not alone as far as another person at the same stage from surgery date. I didn't reach my goal either, but I was losing weight then started emotional eating that spanned over five years of some pretty major life events, not to mention getting out with friends a lot more, food and drinks, etc. So.......I had cash paid my surgeries out of state and didn't have a local office that worked with nutrition, and most importantly follow along. I called a local provider a few weeks ago and went to see them Monday. My plan is to link with people who work with folks like me everyday. We set three goals for the next two weeks...1. Eat Protein first 2. Drink Water ( I had lapsed with this) 3. Journal. When I go back we will keep working on current and new goals, etc. Today is my official day 1 and its hard. I too have been grazing through the day, all the while feeling very guilty about it. I think it is about becoming a bariatric patient again and living that way. I wish you the very best. Keep up your focus and good work!

Joan

I need to lose 40 lbs. Sounds like a daunting task right now, but Ive done it before, I can do it again.

ANy pointers out there from people who have been where I am? High Protein, low calorie Snacks?

Take the pressure off yourself. You don't "need" to do anything. There's no gun pointed at you. Do it because you want to do it.

Do you log what you eat? Plan ahead? Doing both makes a great difference. When I'm eating properly for my band (which I haven't done in eons, but I have regained much of what I'd lost in the first 15 months), I enter a few days or so of meals and Snacks so that I'm sure of my nutrition intake, calories, carbs, et al. Snacks get entered last and I always leave room for a yogurt or a something (sorry, I had a nice variety, but it's been long enough that I need time to reconstruct the list). My pre-planned menu was never set in stone. I made changes at will and that was easy because I had the "template" to work on. It's as important to track intake when you go off track. The written/electronic record helps to refocus and, in the case of a rate-of-loss slowdown, to see where adjustments can be made in hope of picking it up again. Don't be discouraged if tweaking doesn't change things. As long as you do the right things, everything will even out in the end. But you already know that.

Hey girl, hang in there. we're all human. i'm having a struggle too. i asked Alex to start a Regain forum and i'm moderating a challenge there. well, not a TRUE challenge, just a challenge for each of us to place on ourselves to be current, accountable, and post weekly. plus, we're sharing tips, recipes, etc.

hope you are well, coming back and admitting regain was really hard for me too. hang in there!