Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello

I was sleeved on Monday, got discharged Wednesday night. No major concerns just trying to get the Fluid I need. Yesterday I got in 2 16.9 ounces of Water and 10 ounces of G2 and then a can of Cream of chicken blended with broth. I do have aches from the surgery on my stomachs where the biggest cuts was made. I do feel tightness around my abdominal area, is that normal? I have been walking around when I can and everything. Tell me about your experience week after surgery. And if everything sounds normal to you with the tightness of the abs

Hello

I was sleeved on Monday, got discharged Wednesday night. No major concerns just trying to get the Fluid I need. Yesterday I got in 2 16.9 ounces of Water and 10 ounces of G2 and then a can of Cream of chicken blended with broth. I do have aches from the surgery on my stomachs where the biggest cuts was made. I do feel tightness around my abdominal area, is that normal? I have been walking around when I can and everything. Tell me about your experience week after surgery. And if everything sounds normal to you with the tightness of the abs

I was also sleeved on Monday and what you describe is about what I feel though I have been able to drink all the liquids needed; lots of broth, Water and Protein drinks, no problem with the 64 oz min they wanted. I think the tightness as you describe it is normal wounds swelling/healing

I was also sleeved on Monday. I'm feeling about the same as the both of you. Trying to get in more fluids. The biggest thing is abdominal soreness

I'm not exactly sure how much Fluid I'm taking in. I'm peeing and it's clear so I hope that means I'm staying hydrated. chicken broth and SfF Popsicles have been my savior.

I was also sleeved on Monday! Dr released me from the hospital Tuesday night. Im able to tolerate everything I have eaten so far. I do a greek yogurt cup for Breakfast, Soup for lunch, and soup for dinner. I try to do 2 Protein Shakes a day and try to get fluids in with broth and SF Powerade. my goals are 60 grams of Protein and 64 oz fluids. I am also having the abdomen pain you guys have but i'm off my pain meds and am able to lessen the pain with just children Tylenol. Everytime I eat, I get gas pains. I just have to take it super slow. I am having some head hunger issues. I would give anything to be able to eat a nice salad. I've heard of people who ate baby food on the full liquid stage but my Dr said to wait until I'm on the puree stage to try them. My Dr won't advance my diet untilI see her on 1/13.

I think the tightness is normal wound healing. My biggest incision is quite gnarly looking and is really the only one I feel (sleeved 12/29).

I was also sleeved on 12/28. My experience was about the same as you describe. I was discharged Wednesday at 11am. Returned home, and that day I managed very little fluids. I had about 14-15 ounces of Premier Protein shake (premixed), and maybe 8-10 ounces of Water. Thursday, I was up to 3 shakes, a couple of bottles of Water, and a couple of sugar free popsicles. Every day has been an increase in Fluid intake. My pain level was almost non existent, just soreness around my gut. Felt like when I have had bronchitis and get muscle sore below my ribs from coughing. The trapped gas was killer the first couple of days, but then has decreased every day since. Been doing a half mile on the mill every day starting Wednesday, and upped it to a mile today, split into half this morning and half this evening.

Good luck to each of you, on your journey!

I can't wait till we are able to eat mashed potatoes and eggs. I'm tired of shakes and cream of chicken Soup

YOU SAID IT! I hope I never see another Protein Shake again, when I am done! And I started the liquid diet Dec. 7, because we were unsure if I would get insurance approval to have it done the week of Christmas. Ended up a week later, so an extra week of the shakes!

I can't wait till we are able to eat mashed potatoes and eggs. I'm tired of shakes and cream of chicken Soup

So, I was sleeved 12/8, and like you, I anticipated eggs. Let me share what I have learned. Overcooked egg sits in one's stomach like lead. The beauty of egg is undercooked. Over easy or poached is better than scrambled. Merengue is awesome. I've had a lot of discomfort trying eggs. First time out, expect to eat half of one egg.

So, I was sleeved 12/8, and like you, I anticipated eggs. Let me share what I have learned. Overcooked egg sits in one's stomach like lead. The beauty of egg is undercooked. Over easy or poached is better than scrambled. Merengue is awesome. I've had a lot of discomfort trying eggs. First time out, expect to eat half of one egg.
I was also sleeved 12/08/15. I have had some big issues with eggs. I've tried scrambled, hard boiled, "light"(meaning fat-free miracle whip and mustard only) deviled eggs, and over easy. I agree that over easy is best, at least for me. I still can only eat about half an egg or I vomit. I have kind of steered clear of eggs for a bit because they tend to cause me to vomit...everytime. My surgeon said that eggs are one of the biggest/most common "food issues" after sleeve. I might wait a bit before trying again. I hope that everyone else is one of the lucky ones that can tolerate no problem because eggs are awesome! I can't wait to try and succeed with them. Mashed potatoes? Oh boy, I tried those on Christmas and they were heavenly! Too good, I ended up eating like three spoonfuls with my chicken and then felt guilty all night. Still lost that week, but the guilt sucked.

Thanks for bringing the egg issues to light. Now I know I need to be careful the first time I try eggs.< /p>

I was sleeved 12/29. I'm up to (as of yesterday) 30 oz of liquid and a Protein Drink ! But this am I drank 20 oz of Water in 2 hrs!! I'm just listening to my stomach (trying) so far so good! I've had pain but tolerable without pain medication. I haven't really exercise because I feel really weak I do walk a little bit but nothing to write home about! I'm impressed with everybody's progress ????????

I really wanted a new taste this morning so I tried Egg Beaters and cooked them like scrambled eggs. I was able to eat them no problem! I usually can't eat scrambled eggs without ketchup (a habit from when I was a kid) but I was out of ketchup so I was brave and added a tsp of mild organic salsa. Salsa did fine in my tummy too! The egg kept me satisfied longer than the yogurt I have been eating has.