Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Adding flavors to protein drink

Hi! I start my 14 day pre op diet on Sunday. Sleeve surgery on Jan 18. I have to do 2 meals with a Protein Drink made with powder and Water. The Protein is from Drs office we have to use. It's called md whey protein. I have it in vanilla so I can add flavors. I have a couple flavored extracts and a sugar free French vanilla Syrup. Can I add extracts? If so how much? Just a drop? What else can I add that's isn't food? Can't add any fruit or milk or yougurt to it. Only water. At least 1 of my meals I can have 4oz of real protein food! Thanks

I used Torani and davinci syrups and PB2. Flavor combos are nearly endless. Just experiment to find out how much to add. 1-2 squirts per 24oz shake is what works for me. I also added pureed fruit, but I see you aren't allowed. But the carbs really helped my energy level when I was early postop..

Edited by Kindle

I was allowed pretty much anything calorie-free as well. I did lots of Torani SF syrups, instant coffee, and Sweet Leaf Sweet Drops flavorings. I don't see why calorie-free additions would be banned, but you might want to check with your medical team just in case -- every practice seems to have different rules!

Welcome to the losers club!!!

One of my favorites to mix my vanilla @@powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein Powder in is a combination of sugar-free orange sunrise drink mix and a little bit of sugar-free pineapple drink mix. This works well with the Water base, or skim milk when your able. It's like an orange pineapple dreamsicle or Orange Julius. I also like to use the sugar-free Black Cherry #Torani Syrup (1-2 pumps). I also mix the vanilla Protein Powder and chocolate @@UNJURY with skim milk and about 2-3 oz. brewed coffee for a mocha shake. I've used banana extract with the vanilla. The key is to experiment with flavors that taste good to you. @@UNJURY has a chicken flavor that's good whenever you get tired of the sweet flavored shakes. I keep it at work and will drink it for lunch or a snack some days.

The world according to eggface. I have seen others post about it on here so I looked it up online(typed it just like that⬆)️. There are a ton of recipes she offers for Protein. It really helped me out. There's one that I love that tastes VERY similar to a shamrock shake from McDonald's, which I used to devour pre-op when it came back every year. Also, if you have Pinterest, search Protein Shakes. There are a lot of recipes, in fact, a bunch of them are hers. Good luck, I know I couldn't stand the protein, tried several and the consistency/taste made me gag and I'd end up throwing 95% of it out. Mixing it up really helped.

Edited by tera1982

Can you add package of sugar free Jello to the drink? It's vanilla drink. Would u add whole package of jello or a little?

When I would get Herbalife shakes they added sugar free pudding to the recipes. It's just like a table spoon or so. I would think that it may be too thick if you added more.

PB2 is amazing... Just not sure it's approved during the 2 week pre-op, check with your nut

Check out bariatricfoodie.com