Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PatchMD vs Bariatric Advantage

So, I'm getting sleeved on 12/29 and need to buy my Vitamins. My nutritionist recommended the Bariatric Advantage Multivitamin and Calcium chews, but my gut is telling to go with PatchMD. Has anyone had success with the Patches? How do the Bariatric Advantage Multivitamin and calcium chews taste?

Thanks for all of your help.

Excited, but getting REALLY nervous.

So, I'm getting sleeved on 12/29 and need to buy my Vitamins. My nutritionist recommended the Bariatric Advantage multivitamin and calcium chews, but my gut is telling to go with PatchMD. Has anyone had success with the Patches? How do the Bariatric Advantage multivitamin and calcium chews taste?

Thanks for all of your help.

Excited, but getting REALLY nervous.

I am also interested in knowing about the Patches. I follow people on Facebook for the BP Mexico group who say their lab work comes out great with the patches. But when I asked the PA at my surgeons office she insisted on regular Vitamins. I just don't think I can remember to take them and am really interested in the patches.

I bought the Patches (I'm still two weeks preop) but shortly after that I got an email from a competitor with some test results that allegedly prove the Patches can't contain what they advertise. I'm going to use them up and see what my labs show in a few months.

The Bariatric Advantage chewable made me gag every time I tried them, so I changed to Patches.

I haven't had the lab work done yet to see how they are doing but at least I'm not gagging daily and throwing up.

I just ordered the Patches.

I can't stand the pills. Just thinking about them makes me want to gag.

PLUS part of the reason I had surgery was to STOP taking 600 pills a day. I didn't come off my prescriptions just to replace them with a bunch of Vitamins for the rest of my life ????

I will let you know how it goes after my next appt (Jan 6th)!

Also, I found a coupon code for 40% off on their website - holidays2015

I have used them well over 3 months. I've had blood work once and labs were great. I did have low Vitamin D and low Iron pre-op and need to take additional doses orally. I have labs again mid January so I will post those results also. I hope they are working properly because they are so much more convenient.

I use bariatric fuel and I love it. I will have my six month labs on Thursday and I will know if they are working for me. My doctor is Dr Bledsoe in Alexandria, La and he is the founder of these Vitamins. They are also currently running a special on the bariatric fuel website.

My Dr said he likes the Patches and has seen good labs with them. The NUT hates them. So there you go....

Both the Bariatric Advantage chewables and the capsules make me instantly vomit. Those are what my dr recommends as well. I heard of the Patches so I asked about those...they said they let one patient use them as kind of a "trial" and her labs were terrible so they do not recommend them at all. Basically it would just be a waste of money and like you weren't taking Vitamins at all. So I tried several other brands of bariatric vitamins. All the chewables are chalky and make me vomit. All of the capsules are too big and make me vomit. They finally told me to take the gummies for now, it's better than nothing and hopefully later I'll be able to tolerate the capsules. I'm 6 weeks out from the sleeve at this point.

I asked my nut about the PatchMD Vitamins. she said she's talked to my surgeon about them and they both agree that there is no way they can have as much in them as they claim. She also doubts the ability for the body to absorb vitamins thru the skin.

All we have heard so far is anecdotal evidence. I haven't heard from anyone directly that had bad labs after going on the Vitamin Patches. I'm a sceptic by nature and would love to hear from some members after they have their labs done while on the Patches.

Transdermal delivery of Vitamins and medications has vastly improved over the last few years. It's quite possible that this delivery method works for some and not others. I'm a sceptic by nature and would love to get to the bottom of this.

I had my 1 month check up/blood work a few weeks ago. I've been using the Vitamin Patches from PatchMD and everything came back normal except for my Vitamin D levels...they were low.

I talked to my PCP about the Patches and he stated that I need to make sure to stick the patches on areas where it can be absorbed quickly and easily. So, any areas where there's a lot of fat are a no no. He stated to stick them to the top of the shoulders, upper back, top of feet, ankles, etc.

I do use the calcium chews from Bariatric Advantage.