Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Disappointed

I am so disappointed with myself. I feel like I haven't given this my all. I've eaten carbs and sugars. Not every day of course but I still have them. I hate that I have had them. I really need to reset my mind and my pouch. I'm only gonna be 4 months out which makes me feel even worse. I've been the same weight for 2 weeks now. So I am officially resetting my mind effective Monday when I return to work. I will go back to Protein Shakes and liquids all week. I've got to get this scale moving before my 4 month check up on Jan 4.

It is good that you're committing to staying on target for your diet, but the other thing to remember is that you're not expected to be 100% perfect 100% of the time.

We all got to the point of needing bariatric surgery because we had serious issues with food. The surgery isn't going to magically solve all of the problems - the reasons we crave crummy food, the compulsion to binge, the head hunger - the only thing it helps control is portion sizes. Losing weight and keeping it off is still going to be hard work.

Eating a few bad things every once in a while isn't going to ruin what you're working towards, but getting super negative and down on yourself isn't the answer. You're human, you'll make mistakes, and that doesn't mean you're a bad person.

So don't feel too harsh towards yourself, rather, use this feeling as a "I'm better than this, and I'm super psyched to get back on track!"

And stalls are gonna happen, so don't think it is always something you did - your body will lose at the pace it decides. And sometimes that will be S-L-O-W as a turtle. You just keep going, keep motivated and positive, and you'll get there! ;)

I've been going through the same thing as you -- I have been snacking on things that are basically the only things I can eat in normal portions (ice cream; pound cake). The thing is, I only had one stall and I've consistently lost 1.5-2lbs every single weak since my surgery in July (I've gone from a size 22/24 to a size 12). I've also had extreme fatigue when I get in less than 800 calories -- to the extent that I cannot get out of bed.

I don't want to complacent because I know this will catch up to me, but I don't want to lie to myself and say that I'm going to do something completely untenable like go on a liquid fast...

My plan is to let myself run out of the Snacks and to let go and not buy them again. I also want to plan meals around Protein from fish and vegetarian (soy) options.

It is good that you're committing to staying on target for your diet, but the other thing to remember is that you're not expected to be 100% perfect 100% of the time.

We all got to the point of needing bariatric surgery because we had serious issues with food. The surgery isn't going to magically solve all of the problems - the reasons we crave crummy food, the compulsion to binge, the head hunger - the only thing it helps control is portion sizes. Losing weight and keeping it off is still going to be hard work.

Eating a few bad things every once in a while isn't going to ruin what you're working towards, but getting super negative and down on yourself isn't the answer. You're human, you'll make mistakes, and that doesn't mean you're a bad person.

So don't feel too harsh towards yourself, rather, use this feeling as a "I'm better than this, and I'm super psyched to get back on track!"

And stalls are gonna happen, so don't think it is always something you did - your body will lose at the pace it decides. And sometimes that will be S-L-O-W as a turtle. You just keep going, keep motivated and positive, and you'll get there! ;)

Thank you for your words of encouragement.

Why wait till Monday?!

So true. And I did much better today.

I'm 3.5 months out and have been experiencing the same thing over the last few weeks with many social engagements. I agree we can never be perfect and would not be here if we did not have issues with food. But I also am recommitting tomorrow. I know I need to focus on Protein and exercise. Those are my goals for the week! Good luck to you.

I'm 3.5 months out and have been experiencing the same thing over the last few weeks with many social engagements. I agree we can never be perfect and would not be here if we did not have issues with food. But I also am recommitting tomorrow. I know I need to focus on Protein and exercise. Those are my goals for the week! Good luck to you.

Good luck to you as well. We can do this!