Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 days of liquid/Got words of wisdom to help?

I had to laugh at the irony of a 7 day all liquid diet.... If I had that kind of will power then would I be getting surgery? ???

Any words of wisdom you can share is so great! I have 5 shakes for each day and all the other liquids for the additional 64 Oz of liquid each day.

Everything is organized. I plan to stay in my bedroom and not go near the kitchen!

Wish me luck because I am so nervous about sticking to this until next Sunday!

I feel your your pain! I'm on day 3 of a 10-day liquid diet. we can push thru the next 7 days together!

My liquid diet includes soft mashed foods ...like sautéed spinach,cottage cheese, yogurt and the 1 day before all Clear Liquids

No words of wisdom but a little perspective...

I did 4 weeks of liquids prior to surgery...

You have a week?

Suck it up and get it done!!! :D

Good luck with it...

You all are fabulous!

I'm on day 5 of a 14 day pre-op liquid diet. The first 3 days were just awful, my stomach was growling and I couldn't sleep. Yesterday afternoon, something clicked and I no longer felt the anxious growling in my stomach. Today, I awoke feeling good and no growling. I think I can do this and am feeling much better with more energy. I'm assuming this is the result of my body going into ketosis as my surgeon so often explained to me. I'm determined to get through this.....surgery on the 30th.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here......but if you don't have the willpower to do a 7-day liquid diet.....then you aren't ready to have the surgery.

You'll be on liquids afterwards and you'll need discipline to ensure you take your supplements on schedule.......

I can assure you, though.......the toughest part of the whole deal for me was that initial liquid diet. It does test you. It is unbelievably easy once you get a couple months out.

I'm 9 weeks out from my sleeve surgery and this weekend has been extremely easy.......fired up my grill and had tons of fun grilling for the family.......I enjoyed tasting the things I cooked and had fun with it. Hopped on the scale this morning and saw that progress had been ongoing during my weekend's fun.

It gets much, much easier than the short pre-op diet and the short period following. Trust and believe.

Again.....sorry if I sound harsh.....but think of the pre-op diet as a process check. Hopefully you've already been losing weight prior to surgery. The liquid diet will kick things into gear, too. You'll really see some progress then. Embrace it. The goal is to lose weight......not simply wait around until surgery to lose weight. Embrace the losing and everything required to do so. YOU WILL THANK YOURSELF LATER !!!!!

So many to thank!

Dub, no worries and I appreciate your honesty! You are right. Day 1 was easy. I think I didn't have faith in my self.

Kinda Familiar, ok that truly was the perspective I needed. Thank you!!

WLS RESOURCES, I have been repeating over and over... I can do anything for 7 days!!

I'am on day 6 of 14 day liquid diet. I really haven't had any problems with hunger its all mind over matter. Only problem i have is i piss a lot and i hate having to get up early in the morning.

@@MsCyrus if you survived day one you are good to go lady! Good job. @@Dub would call me a weenie I'm sure, but I really didn't know if I could handle the pre op liquid diet. I had 14 days. My doc said say one and two are the toughest. He was right. I actually was filled by the Protein shakes I had. To be honest, I was really afraid of the pre op diet. @@Dub go ahead and take your stabs at me. I can take it :). It was not horrible at all. I did get bored with liquids after week one then it got a little tough.

You got this! You can do it and you WILL do it! Seriously, 7 days will fly by. I promise!!

@@MsCyrus if you survived day one you are good to go lady! Good job. @@Dub would call me a weenie I'm sure, but I really didn't know if I could handle the pre op liquid diet. I had 14 days. My doc said say one and two are the toughest. He was right. I actually was filled by the Protein shakes I had. To be honest, I was really afraid of the pre op diet. @@Dub go ahead and take your stabs at me. I can take it :). It was not horrible at all. I did get bored with liquids after week one then it got a little tough.

You got this! You can do it and you WILL do it! Seriously, 7 days will fly by. I promise!!

You'll get no grief from me, woman !!!! :D

I respect the hell outa what you've done.

Now....if you've been bad and want me to spank you.......I'm totally down with that. :P

Laughing again!!!!!! You and your sense of humor! What did we do without you???????

I am on day 2. Going good so far! shake for Breakfast miso Soup for lunch. Went to Water aerobics! Feeling good today!