Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Magnesium Citrate?

I'm going to tell you my story about that so maybe it will help you. I thought it would be best to get as much down me as possible for it to take effect. I got a cherry flavored Boyle. I only had to do one bottle. So I put it on ice and added some Water cuz it was really tart. I drank about 3/4 of it in about oh 30 min or so. I started feeling kinda bad. About an hour and a half later I puked up everything I had in my stomach which was very little. I puked and puked and dry heaved. Then I called doc. Said to drink warm water with Lemmon to settle my stomach down and then I had to buy another bottle cuz I had to get it down. She suggested I drink a little at a time followed by warm water. So I sipped on it and warm water over a three and a half hour period. That flavor was Lemmon and was much better. I held it down and it worked.

I was supposed to drink mine at 6pm for a 7am surgery the following morning. I too ended up puking mine up but the surgeon said it was ok. Never did end up having a bm from it. If I had to do it all over I wouldn't have had the last supper I did and I would have started sipping the mag citrate earlier in the day to make sure it worked. Just my two cents.

Some favor mag citrate ice cold, and others prefer it room temperature. Most patients get it down easiest using a straw. If you have to drink two bottles you will be spending lots of quality time in the bathroom. Grab a magazine ahead of time. Good luck with your procedure!!

I was only supposed to do one. I called my surgeon as soon as it came back up to see if I needed to redo it and he said not to worry about it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches