Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Days post-op!

Hi my name is Tasha and I'm 3 days post-op with the bypass. Right now I feel like I got run over by a truck. I'm trying to push through but it's hard. I'm not hungry at all but just feel so uncomfortable and sore.

Today is my day 3 as well, and I am for the most part miserable. I am assuming it's gas pain but man oh man I feel like my belly weighs a ton and it hurts front and back. I am sipping constantly and am not close to my liquid goal. I also have a drain... I hope things turn around very soon!!!

It only gets better from here. In a few days you'll be really amazed at how quickly your pain decreases. Try to get in some short, slow walks, and just keep sipping, sipping, sipping, and you'll be just fine very soon. :)

It only gets better from here. In a few days you'll be really amazed at how quickly your pain decreases. Try to get in some short, slow walks, and just keep sipping, sipping, sipping, and you'll be just fine very soon. :)

i sure hope so!

Hello, I'm a week post op from Gastro bypass. On my 3rd day I wasn't feeling well, I was nauseas, dizzy, and had crying spells. It was only that day and I could only consume 2 Protein Shakes that day. It took 1/2 day to consume one & the other half day the 2nd one...yes hang in there, listen to your body. It's important to always have a water bottle with you & sip through out the day. Other then day # 3, I'm doing great! Walking does help, the minute I feel pain coming I get up slowly and walk around for at least 15 minutes! God Bless!

Although it's hard to believe now one day soon you'll have days when you forget you ever had surgery. Hang in there!

I am just over one month post op and I can assure you that it gets better. My best advice, which you will likely hear elsewhere, is WALK, WALK, WALK! I walked almost every time I woke up while I was in the hospital. I am a wimp about pain and having heard the stories about the gas pain, I was terrified of the gas pain so I was pushing the nurses to let me walk ASAP. I still had gas, but I think it was more manageable because of the walking. When I got home, I went for short walks 3 times a day building up a little more in length or time with each walk. Initially I then would go home and take a nap after each walk, but... :)

You can do it. It will get better and this will all be but a memory!

pam

Are you taking pain meds as often as possible? My advice is stay ahead of the pain and take pain meds as often as they let you. I actually had no pain, just soreness getting up and down. The first day I was really groggy and numb due to morphine pump. I loved it! I'm all about no pain. And right, walk walk walk. Gets the gas moving and out. It gets better everyday!!

I didn't get a morphine pump! That sounds fabulous though!!!

I'm actually feeling MUCH better today. I was able to get some gas out of my tummy last night and today I saw the doc who said my drain had dropped inside my abdomen and that's what was causing most of my pain as it was touching other things inside of me. He removed it and..... Oh so much better!!!

Edited by mrsob1

That is great news! It should get better each day. I feel fortunate that I didn't have a drain.