Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vitamins...taste nasty please help

My surgeon and NP put me onto optisource. It's a faint orange flavor but rapidly dissolves. It also has all the Iron, Calcium, folic acid, and B12 you need. 4 chewable tablets a day.

Here they are on Amazonhttp://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CJB9K4K?ref_=sns_myd_detail_page

I take two Flintstones complete in the purple bottle. They're tiny and the "best" tasting imo. There's been multiple posts about taking Flintstones. I have discussed this with my nutritionist who said they have everything you need EXCEPT selenium. However, the amount of selenium you need in your diet is small. Selenium is found in many foods as well.

I've spoken to other people who take these and their blood levels are perfectly fine.

It's a struggle to have to take numerous Vitamins that taste horrible. There's one in capsule form by Procare-Bariatric Complete I'll start taking when I graduate to capsules. Dosage is one/day. They also have a chewable once/daily Vitamin but it's been out of stock since I started researching Vitamins.< /p>

I also take sublingual B12, Biotin and Vitamin D3. B12 & Biotin for hair and D3 because I'm deficit. They all taste pretty darn good, except the B12.

For Calcium I'm taking Bariatric Advantage Chewy bites. They come in 250 and 500 mgs and taste like starburst (orange and lemon) and tootsie rolls/chocolate.

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/vitamins-and-minerals/bariatric-advantage-calcium-citrate-chewy-bites-lemon-60-bag.html?gclid=CIKqtYOA58kCFQokHwodKwgIYA

I keep vomiting after taking my Bari Vitamins. I strongly dislike them. I went back to my regular One-A-Day vitamins....only that I take a knife and cut the pill into 4 easy to swallow pieces. I'm 15 days out on my sleeve surgery. I make the Vitamin the same size as the Protonix my surgeon gave me post op.

Update... I'm now trying a Vitamin patch that came in the mail today. It's from PatchMD.com. I hear great things about it and it's suppose to be very bariatric friendly.

Edited by Prettylady512

I like BariMelts. You can find them on Amazon or Bariatricpal. I take their B12, Biotin, D3 and Multis. They all taste fine and they really do melt in your mouth fast. I also like the calcium chews by Bariatric Advantage in chocolate. Taste kind of like tootsie rolls.

Has anyone tried twinlab you can get all your Vitamins in a bundle on Amazon for a whole month worth for like 40 bucks

Edited by newmebithebypass

optisource are $26 for an entire month.

At what point can we take capsules? Will they ever melt in our pouches?

I just order viatiam patvhes...