Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2016 sleevers?

February first! In one day.

I am feeling like I'm in a dream. I'm Catholic, I have my positive books to take, I went to fill my holy waters, I received the sacrement of anointing of the sick today and went to Mass. I am so grateful for the people around me who BELIEVE. I know I can expect him to be with my always and continue healing me.

I am not hungry right now. I am just tired. I know I will be in a lot of pain that morning because we go and wait 3 hours and I can not take a single thing besides BP meds. Not coffee, (been off it now for a week) no meds, I'll be shriveled in a ball, so I think the time will pass rather melodramatically! Or I may be blessed with a relaxed sensation until I go in.

I don't know any of you. But I know what you're all feeling, so you are my comrades! And I need you all! And I thank you all for every reply and everything you post because it is going to help me make it. You are very wonderful and special women and men and I am so happy I just sighed up here!

FEBRUARY HERE WE COME!

Yayyyyyy, February is hereeee ????????????. Sending prayers of peace, comfort and no pain your way ????

You are going to have a great surgery and be on the losers bench, which will help rid you of needing the BP pills and others

I'm excited and rooting for you wooohoooooo, tomorrow is your day ????

February first! In one day.

I am feeling like I'm in a dream. I'm Catholic, I have my positive books to take, I went to fill my holy waters, I received the sacrement of anointing of the sick today and went to Mass. I am so grateful for the people around me who BELIEVE. I know I can expect him to be with my always and continue healing me.

I am not hungry right now. I am just tired. I know I will be in a lot of pain that morning because we go and wait 3 hours and I can not take a single thing besides BP meds. Not coffee, (been off it now for a week) no meds, I'll be shriveled in a ball, so I think the time will pass rather melodramatically! Or I may be blessed with a relaxed sensation until I go in.

I don't know any of you. But I know what you're all feeling, so you are my comrades! And I need you all! And I thank you all for every reply and everything you post because it is going to help me make it. You are very wonderful and special women and men and I am so happy I just sighed up here!

FEBRUARY HERE WE COME!

Amelie, I'm Catholic as well and I'm getting myself ready too! Thanks for your post - it was very necessary this morning! :) we're all here for you and I can't wait to hear how things go for you!

Thank you!

God bless, and here we go! =D

I am scheduled for Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy on 2/15. I begin my 2 week pre op diet tomorrow. I am excited and nervous at the same time, but I am determined. I have scheduled my days to allow for all my nutrients spaced appropriately and include exercise. I biggest fear is the ability to exercise. I have had both knees replaced and have lower back pain. I have led a very sedentary life for quite awhile. I am counting on my husband to kick my butt in gear to get me out walking to start with. If I can get started, I believe I will begin enjoying exercise again. I am going to take one day at a time. If I do that, I will be successful.

Tomorrow is the big day! Current sat in hospital doing all my pre-op stuff. So far have given a blood sample, urine sample, had an x ray, and done the camera test. Good luck all my fellow 2nd-ers

Tomorrow is the big day! Current sat in hospital doing all my pre-op stuff. So far have given a blood sample, urine sample, had an x ray, and done the camera test. Good luck all my fellow 2nd-ers

I went through all these today I just finished all pre op tests. They will call me today afternoon to tell me what time should I go tomorrow morning. Good luck to us, keep in touch :)

Have any of the Feb 16th sleevers gotten your pre-op diet? I got mine last week it is pretty doable; low carb (30-45 per day) then nothing after 10pm on the 15th.

I don't start my preop diet til the 2nd

I don't start until tomorrow (the 2nd either) I am just one of those weird people who prep when they get nervous. I am sure my coordinator wants to kill me as I asked for directions earlier than the timeline.

Okay, 1st day of pre op diet (surgery is 02-15) and although it's not bad, I am exhausted. I knew that caffeine was going to kick my butt. I have been off sodas for a while but my cup of coffee in the morning is what I am missing the most! I am going to puree' some roasted asparagus with some chicken broth (add some protein) and make a Soup when I get home, then it's shower and bed. My husband has been so supportive through all this so I feel very blessed.

I am concerned about how much pain there might be afterward. I got all my prescriptions filled this weekend and had a liter of Hydrocodone w/Acetaminophen prescription. It sure seems like a lot of pain medicine. Hopefully, I won't have to use it all?

Hello everyone, Im going February 16th for my surgery and the closer I get to the date the more terrified I'm becoming. My husband will be there with me but I'm still scared. ...

Hello everyone, Im going February 16th for my surgery and the closer I get to the date the more terrified I'm becoming. My husband will be there with me but I'm still scared. ...

I'm scared too, but after reading all the notes from people that say they would do it again in a heartbeat, I feel a little better. My Dr. is wonderful as well so he did put me at ease. My biggest concern is waking up but he told me that shouldn't even be a concern.

Just think how wonderful it will be even in 2 months. We can do this!

Surgery on 2/15, first day of pre-op diet. 3 Protein shakes a day and a lean balanced meal under 300 calories Lean Cuisine or 3-4oz lean Protein, 1 cup veggies, 1/2 cup starch and a light snack (string cheese and small apple).

Feeling ok, trying to distinguish body hunger vs. head hunger. I'm a bit worried about catching a cold/flu since co-workers are sick.

Nervous about surgery in general since it will be my first. Husband will be with me during surgery and overnight. He's been supportive but I know he is worried as well. Trying to read up and prepare everything also been training my mindset.