Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Burning Starving Sensation

Hello all,

I was wanting to know if anyone else has had the same reaction I am having when I am hungry? It is almost a burning in the pit of my stomach like if I don't eat immediately I am going to kill someone. LOL. I feel like a pregnant woman sometimes. I have had my band for almost 3 years now and have done very well. I have lost 102 lbs. to date and I feel great. I know that at times the band can feel a little to tight but I have learned to work with it.

Try taking a drink of something like Water & see if that helps , yes I do get it every once in a while but if I take a drink it goes away or sometimes I eat like 2 almonds & that helps and I have been branded for 3 years.

I feel that once in awhile. It is puzzling to me as well. Why sometimes do I just feel a normal grumbly hunger, and why other times the burning, strong hunger? I don't know, but Debbie gave great advice. First, hydrate. Then if you have some p rotein available, eat it. Better yet, have a meal if you can. If you can't, the small p rotein snack should tide you over until you can sit down to your meal. I keep pecans or almonds or p rotein bars or shakes in my desk at work. Are you going too long between meals? When I go longer than 3-1/2 or 4 hours, I get too hungry.

I have that but thought it was just a side effect of my pregnancy many years ago. I feel really nauseous if I don't eat in addition to the burning feeling. Now I try to keep a small snack with me.

Classic sign of acid reflux, are you on a good PPI?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches