Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre surgery weight loss...

I am self pay, 14000. My surgeon is requiring me to lose 40 lbs before he will even schedule the surgery. I am down 30 in the past few months. Struggling with the last 10. Anyone else have to do this? Any tips?

Great progress!!! Keep up the great work????

Way to go, nice work so far. Do a week or two of replacing one meal with Liquid Protein, then two if you can. Also, start walking and exercising as much as you can if you haven't already. You could probably get the remaining 10 to budge without any substantial diet changes, but if you feel you are able to make an adjustment, increase your Protein intake and your metabolism will speed up. Let us know what exactly you've done so far that has worked so well!

I was also self-pay and didn't have to meet any loss requirements. I also went to Mexico and got great care and only paid $5,000.

Those are good ideas. I haven't started working out yet so that is the clear next step. I talked to my general physician about needing to lose the initial weight and she put me on a pill called Contrave to help curb my appetite. It worked wonders for the first couple of months. My meals are basically the same every day. Breakfast- 3 eggs scrambled with two turkey sausage patties and a little cheese and coffee (bout 400 cals), lunch- Atkins microwave meals (bout 400 cals and super easy for me to keep track of with my crazy job), supper- slim fast (190 cals). I did slip up during thanksgiving (had real Dr Pepper again, big mistake). I'm always shocked how fast the weight comes back on! I was at 35 lbs before the holidays and now at 30. I'm on thyroid meds too. That's something we just found out about in the past couple of months. Besides being nobody obese I'm healthy as a horse! I'm going to try harder to stick to the plan I was on before thanksgiving.

I would love to go to Mexico. But my husband and I like the idea of my surgeon being so close. He said he doesn't care the cost just wants me close to home.

So glad to find an active group! Few of them have been active since 2014.

My surgery date is January 5th. I'm down 45 pounds in preparation. I started at 340. Have to maintain the loss through Christmas parties galore at work but I'm not worried. :-)