Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 2 weeks out today and have had some of the same feelings, but so many great people on here have helped me realize that this is normal and I am not alone.

Just stick to the plan and you will begin losing in no time, which in turn will help you feel mentally better as well.

I am in a stall too!! I lost 22 lbs since my surgery on October 19, and I have been in a stall for a couple of weeks! I may have broken the stall because I don't weigh now so there is no way of knowing! It made me get crazy mad like you did and my fiancé took my scale and put it in the back of his truck lol so I will find out how much or how little I have lost next week at my dr appt !! You are not alone

I am in a stall too!! I lost 22 lbs since my surgery on October 19, and I have been in a stall for a couple of weeks! I may have broken the stall because I don't weigh now so there is no way of knowing! It made me get crazy mad like you did and my fiancé took my scale and put it in the back of his truck lol so I will find out how much or how little I have lost next week at my dr appt !! You are not alone

Smart man!

Smart man!

Lol yes he is!! He heard my dr give me direct orders not to weigh anywhere but his office and all it took was one great big fit and out the scale went!! Things have quieted down since then and for all of sakes I'm glad it did. My only problem is that I cannot give anyone any kind of time frame for how long my stall lasted because I have no idea!!

In this case, ignorance is bliss.

He sounds like a keeper.

:) yes he is!!! I would like your post but for some reasons my phone app won't allow me to

In this case, ignorance is bliss.

He sounds like a keeper.

:) yes he is!!! I would like your post but for some reasons my phone app won't allow me to

Aggie, I am so very glad you posted this question/concern and I hope the reponses you got helped you. I am finding the support here is a vital part of what I...and we... need to accomplish our goals.

I did not realize this stall would happen and it seemed that after about five weeks out it has happened to me also. I was beating myself completely because I thought I was doing something wrong. I only lost one pound this week. I knew I was not perfect, cheese is my dreaded foe, but I also knew I was not "cheating" much.

Of course the wonderful nutrionist that I am working with explained I few things to me that I should have seen myself. And like several have said, Protein is key. Our bodies don't "want" to lose weight. It is a genetic advantage to have some extra. Well....was, back when the hunters of the tribes may have not gotten a mammoth or whatever the heck they tried for.

"I've made a board on Pinterest and have started collecting high Protein, low carb recipes to try. I'm just not very good at cooking. "

Aggie,

Try this if you like; I add vannila Protein powder to a container (6 ozs?) of Chobbani cherry vanilla yogourt. I even add two or three frozen cherries (bagged, Dole, I think) It makes a nice healthy, tasty and thick meal with the Protein we need.

AggieSleever,

That is so NORMAL that I’d be surprised if it weren’t the case! Your body is so shocked by the stress of surgery plus the stress of losing all that weight, that it’s just not yet ready to lose any more right now. It will when it’s ready i you

The tips everyone gave you are good ones. Get enough Protein – about 60 or 70 or more grams of Protein a day. I’m not sure if you’re drinking shakes, but those are a good way to up your protein and calories. 1,000 or more calories is a good goal. Then, there’s Water. At least 8 cups a day! That’s a lot, but it lets your body relax and lose some weight.

Now, I know it’s super hard to get consolation from this, but remember that you can’t control the scale or your body’s reactions all the time. You can only control what you do, which should be getting your protein, staying hydrated, etc. Your body and the scale will follow in time.

I can't find ANY shakes that I like... I've tried multiple recommended from reading the comments on various topics here. Every time I try any shake, I get excruciatingly nauseated. I'm getting so frustrated...

But thank you all for the advice and comments. I don't feel as much of a failure now.

If you search the threads I left the same similar post on a thread two weeks ago (at week 5) I saw my dietician for my regular appointment and actually cried. I gained more than three pounds. She said that all my concerns/regret was natural for week 5. And that i was eating more than i did the prior weeks and had most likely increased my salt (bullion/broth, crackers, cheese)

I'm back to losing and emotionally have tried to detach myself from the scale, i weight only once a week. My shoes are getting big : ) along with the girls are headed south....wayyyy south LOL

feel better!!

Edited by Nibbler

I can't find ANY shakes that I like... I've tried multiple recommended from reading the comments on various topics here. Every time I try any shake, I get excruciatingly nauseated. I'm getting so frustrated...

But thank you all for the advice and comments. I don't feel as much of a failure now.

If you can't tolerate any shakes, powders or clear Protein drinks then you need to start looking at Protein rich foods. Yogurt, thinned with milk if need be, kefir, Beans pureed/strained then thinned with broth, chicken breast poached, pureed then thinned with broth. Spinach added to the Beans or chicken (also pureed) will add some protein, Iron and Fiber.

If it gets worse, you may need to have your doctor prescribe something for nausea.

You need to get in at least 60g of Protein a day or you won't lose. That should be your only focus. Protein and liquids.

Have you tried Unjury unflavored Protein Powder? You can mix it in everything!!!

I have unjury unflavored powder. I've mixed it once in mashed potatoes, but it sat like a brick in my stomach. That was early in the pureed stage though...

What all do you mix it with??