Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Slow Loss/High BMI success stories?

Any band to bypass revisions with high starting bmi and slow weight loss ever make it to goal?

If so, It would comfort me to hear it.

Currently only down 60lbs since revision surgery four months ago. I'm 110 pounds down since pre lapband in 2007....but I still have over 75 lbs to go to make into onederland. Would ideally like to get 110 more lbs off to get to a normal bmi.

Is this possible?

I'm in a terrible stall/plateau/hellish nightmare...and havent lost anything in over three weeks.

I know I need to improve on my Water intake. My Protein, exercise, suppliments, and calories are all ok though.

Pre lapband I was about 387 lbs back in 2007. Currently 275 (four months after revision). Hoping to get to 160 eventually.

Is this a pipe dream? Should I re evaluate my goals to a more realistic number? Maybe just getting into onederland will be the best I should expect?

A "friend" of mine is saying I probably wont get under 200lbs. At first I thought she was just envious of my revision. (She had her lapband out - no revision - and is 220 lbs) But now Im worried she may be right.

If there is anyone out there who was a high bmi with slow weight loss who made it to their goal...I would love to hear from you.

Thanks!

After RNY surgery I lost weight over a period of 6 to 7 months. The weight dropped off quickly at first then slowed down. One thing that might help you get over the stall is to analyze your Protein intake. Your daily Protein requirement is a combination of the protein that you obtain from meals combined with the protein that you consume from supplements (Protein shakes, protein bars). At the beginning your meal volume is so small that the protein from meals barely counts but at 4 months post-op, it becomes important. If you concentrate on consuming high protein meals, you can begin to decrease your reliance on protein supplements and the calories that go with them.

When I hit a major stall, I began to drop off one of my Protein Shakes and this is what broke the stall and kickstarted my weight loss again.

I also heard somewhere that a lot of high BMI people end up at around 200 - although I know from this and other boards that there are those who make it to their ideal weight, so don't give up hope. I'm hoping for the best - but even if I settle at 200, it was still worth it.

I was not a revision but had a BMI at 45 and am currently at 25.3. I have lost 133lbs so far and have 11 to go.

I am very very strict about getting my Protein, Water and Vitamins in every day. I have been restricted from exercise since June due to 2 spine surgeries and that is not going to end anytime soon.

My weight loss slowed way down but I am still losing around 8lbs per month. I track every single thing I put in my mouth and have had many many stalls the longest lasting 28 days.

I have had several people tell me I was likely done losing and I tell them they are full of crap. I may lose more slowly but it is up to me to follow the plan, if I do I will continue to lose. I get between 900 and 1200 calories a day with 70 grams of Protein. I try to keep my carb intake under 90grams and I get a minimum of 48 oz, of straight Water and usually more like 60oz.

It can be done but you must push yourself hard and really look at your activity. Even though I cannot exercise in a gym, I keep my arms moving even when I am sitting and I try to walk as much as I can.

My NUT and I recently had this talk, because I was concerned I wasn't losing fast enough to "get anywhere".(I just had surgery on 11/9/15). She said that the higher BMI's tend to lose slower BUT that they tend to lose longer. So it may take me 2yrs to reach my ideal weight with strict diet and exercise but it can be done. It bummed me out a bit, but it's nice to know there is no strict "ok you've got 6 months and then everything left is stuck forever".